New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same items with the Spackle instead of the Lip Quench.  I have gotten the Lip Quench several times though, and I really like it.  I make my husband use it when his lips get all dry and rough, but then I won't kiss him because it is a little goopy. 

I like the lip liner a lot.  It's a great color for me.

I did not like the plain black eyeliner.  I never use black liner pencils.

My box came in today. The Post Office took it on the scenic route. I received different variations.

I received:

Tendu - Hair Conditioning Treatment Mask (full size)
Revaleskin - Intense Recovery Treatment (full size)
Batiste - Dry Shampoo (1.6 oz)
Senna - Lash Fortifier X (0.16 oz)
SkinMedica - Ultra Sheer Moisturizer (0.25 oz)
Paula Dorf - Lip Liner in Sultry (full size)

My extras were: Blush - Cream Eyeshadow in Slate (0.12 oz) and Dr. Dennis Gross - Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture (foil packet)
  Apparently, the Revaleskin is a $130.00 item!  

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box came in today. The Post Office took it on the scenic route. I received different variations.

I received:

My extras were: Blush - Cream Eyeshadow in Slate (0.12 oz) and Dr. Dennis Gross - Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture (foil packet)

Nice! You got a few different items! 

I signed up for this on April 30th and received my box yesterday in the mail.  I was so shocked that I didn't have to wait a month.  What a great bunch of products.  I didn't get the Revaleskin or the Batiste but I did get some great products, including a MUD black eyeliner!

I signed up for this on April 30th and received my box yesterday in the mail.  I was so shocked that I didn't have to wait a month.  What a great bunch of products.  I didn't get the Revaleskin or the Batiste but I did get some great products, including a MUD black eyeliner!
What did you get?

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received:

I recently learned that the Revaleskin item that I received has been discontinued, as has the whole line of those products. I guess that explains how they could send such an expensive item. I know there are people who do not like when companies send discontinued items in their boxes, so I wanted to point it out. 

ETA: After a bit more research, it looks like this product line was purchased by another company and  is still available.

Hello all! First time ever being a part of a forum, so if I say anything out of line, please let me know.  I HAD to say something about the Blush Mystery Beauty Box III. So for the past almost 3 hours, I have really been doing my homework and decided I would write my FIRST ever review.  I wrote that review on Blush in regards to the Mystery Box III.  I have to wait for them to approve and am curious if they will even post as I was not pleased once I realized the difference between the 2 Blush Mystery boxes for April.  Please read my review that I am trying to post on Blush.  I was going to rate this month's box higher until I did some research.  Heads up..it is a fairly long review/rant.

Overall Rating:
2 out of 5
(2 out of 5.)

REALLY?!? 2 Different Mystery Boxes!! One totals at $125.22; the other totals at $235!??! by anonymous

WOW! I was writing my review and went to look up the price of the Obagi Nu-Derm gel cleanser, only to realize that those of us who received the Obagi did not even receive a FULL-SIZE product. Dermstore/Blush does not even sell the 2 fl. oz. on their site, nor does ANY site that I "googled". The full size Obagi cleanser (6.7 fl. oz) sells for $40. So, that would make the retail price of the Obagi that was in our mystery box around $15? I was REALLY disappointed with this box after reading what some others received. Here is what was in MY mystery box:

Tendu hair mask - $60 Full size

Obagi foaming gel 2 oz. DELUXE SAMPLE, NOT FULL SIZE - $15

Vichy Eau Thermale 1.69 oz DELUXE SAMPLE,NOT FULL SIZE - $9.50

Make-up Designory eye pencil in black Full size - $13

SkinMedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer .25 oz DELUXE SAMPLE- $6.50

Paula Dorf lip liner in Sultry Full size- $20

SAMPLE size Laura Geller Spackle tinted primer .09 fl. oz; full size is 2 oz, making the sample price $1.22.

I went onto other sites and saw pictures and descriptions being posted and thought,"Hey, I didn't get that!" Read the review below mine and see what she received. You can also go on youtube and blogs like this one: http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2013/04/blush-beauty-mystery-box-review-monthly-makeup-subscription-april-2013.html and see that most of those who do reviews received the following items in their mystery boxes:

Tendu - Hair Conditioning Treatment Mask (full size)$60

Revaleskin - Intense Recovery Treatment (full size)$130

Batiste - Dry Shampoo (1.6 oz)$4

Senna - Lash Fortifier X (0.16 oz)$6.50ish

SkinMedica - Ultra Sheer Moisturizer (0.25 oz) $6.50

Paula Dorf - Lip Liner in Sultry (full size)$20

I would have LOVED to have received the Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment in my mystery box (along with the Senna Lash Fortifier) instead of the Vichy Thermal Spray (which is water in a spray bottle and is only 1.69 fl. oz. $9.50, not the larger 5.07 fl.oz $14 ) and Obagi Nu-Derm cleanser, once again NOT EVEN FULL-SIZED product. The combined price of both the Vichy and Obagi products equals $24.50. Yes, that is right-only $24.50. The Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment retails for $130 on Dermstore. So, yes, I am really disappointed. Read great reviews about the Revaleskin for people like myself with sun-damaged skin and rosacea and it won an Allure Beauty Award in 2010.

For those of you who did receive the mystery box with the Revaleskin, which seems to be people on blogspot or those who do youtube reviews, let me just say that I am envious!

Let's compare the retail value of both boxes. My box with the Obagi and water spray came to a total of $125.22 compared to the other mystery box that others received totaling at a whopping....*drumroll please* $235!!

I don't think it was too harsh; just seems that the more "valuable" boxes SEEM to go to those who blog or review online.  Maybe I am mistaken. Thanks for reading my super long post!

I

Hello all! First time ever being a part of a forum, so if I say anything out of line, please let me know.  I HAD to say something about the Blush Mystery Beauty Box III. So for the past almost 3 hours, I have really been doing my homework and decided I would write my FIRST ever review.  I wrote that review on Blush in regards to the Mystery Box III.  I have to wait for them to approve and am curious if they will even post as I was not pleased once I realized the difference between the 2 Blush Mystery boxes for April.  Please read my review that I am trying to post on Blush.  I was going to rate this month's box higher until I did some research.  Heads up..it is a fairly long review/rant. Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 (2 out of 5.) REALLY?!? 2 Different Mystery Boxes!! One totals at $125.22; the other totals at $235!??! by anonymous WOW! I was writing my review and went to look up the price of the Obagi Nu-Derm gel cleanser, only to realize that those of us who received the Obagi did not even receive a FULL-SIZE product. Dermstore/Blush does not even sell the 2 fl. oz. on their site, nor does ANY site that I "googled". The full size Obagi cleanser (6.7 fl. oz) sells for $40. So, that would make the retail price of the Obagi that was in our mystery box around $15? I was REALLY disappointed with this box after reading what some others received. Here is what was in MY mystery box: Tendu hair mask - $60 Full size Obagi foaming gel 2 oz. DELUXE SAMPLE, NOT FULL SIZE - $15 Vichy Eau Thermale 1.69 oz DELUXE SAMPLE,NOT FULL SIZE - $9.50 Make-up Designory eye pencil in black Full size - $13 SkinMedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer .25 oz DELUXE SAMPLE- $6.50 Paula Dorf lip liner in Sultry Full size- $20 SAMPLE size Laura Geller Spackle tinted primer .09 fl. oz; full size is 2 oz, making the sample price $1.22. I went onto other sites and saw pictures and descriptions being posted and thought,"Hey, I didn't get that!" Read the review below mine and see what she received. You can also go on youtube and blogs like this one: http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2013/04/blush-beauty-mystery-box-review-monthly-makeup-subscription-april-2013.html and see that most of those who do reviews received the following items in their mystery boxes: Tendu - Hair Conditioning Treatment Mask (full size)$60 Revaleskin - Intense Recovery Treatment (full size)$130 Batiste - Dry Shampoo (1.6 oz)$4 Senna - Lash Fortifier X (0.16 oz)$6.50ish SkinMedica - Ultra Sheer Moisturizer (0.25 oz) $6.50 Paula Dorf - Lip Liner in Sultry (full size)$20 I would have LOVED to have received the Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment in my mystery box (along with the Senna Lash Fortifier) instead of the Vichy Thermal Spray (which is water in a spray bottle and is only 1.69 fl. oz. $9.50, not the larger 5.07 fl.oz $14 ) and Obagi Nu-Derm cleanser, once again NOT EVEN FULL-SIZED product. The combined price of both the Vichy and Obagi products equals $24.50. Yes, that is right-only $24.50. The Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment retails for $130 on Dermstore. So, yes, I am really disappointed. Read great reviews about the Revaleskin for people like myself with sun-damaged skin and rosacea and it won an Allure Beauty Award in 2010. For those of you who did receive the mystery box with the Revaleskin, which seems to be people on blogspot or those who do youtube reviews, let me just say that I am envious! Let's compare the retail value of both boxes. My box with the Obagi and water spray came to a total of $125.22 compared to the other mystery box that others received totaling at a whopping....*drumroll please* $235!! I don't think it was too harsh; just seems that the more "valuable" boxes SEEM to go to those who blog or review online.  Maybe I am mistaken. Thanks for reading my super long post!
I agree with you on the fact that it is unfair. It seems I have been stiffed two months in a row by the "mystery box". I really wish they would send identical contents to everyone even if the value was less. I might email them and complain as well because I wasn't even aware of the significant retail value difference between the two boxes.

I received the box with the intense recovery treatment & Was not impressed. It smells like coffe, but like faux coffee, if that makes sense. It was so intense smelling, I had to wash it off. I bought the Obagi kit from my dermatologist and it contained enough product for 12 weeks & part of it was 2 2oz bottles of cleanser. So that should last you 1 1/2 months. But it's intended to be used as a system, so how does this benefit you in a sample box? But it worked AMAZINGLY for sun spots, scars & acne as a system. I loved the results I achieved.

Hello all! First time ever being a part of a forum, so if I say anything out of line, please let me know.  I HAD to say something about the Blush Mystery Beauty Box III. So for the past almost 3 hours, I have really been doing my homework and decided I would write my FIRST ever review.  I wrote that review on Blush in regards to the Mystery Box III.  I have to wait for them to approve and am curious if they will even post as I was not pleased once I realized the difference between the 2 Blush Mystery boxes for April.  Please read my review that I am trying to post on Blush.  I was going to rate this month's box higher until I did some research.  Heads up..it is a fairly long review/rant. Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 (2 out of 5.) REALLY?!? 2 Different Mystery Boxes!! One totals at $125.22; the other totals at $235!??! by anonymous WOW! I was writing my review and went to look up the price of the Obagi Nu-Derm gel cleanser, only to realize that those of us who received the Obagi did not even receive a FULL-SIZE product. Dermstore/Blush does not even sell the 2 fl. oz. on their site, nor does ANY site that I "googled". The full size Obagi cleanser (6.7 fl. oz) sells for $40. So, that would make the retail price of the Obagi that was in our mystery box around $15? I was REALLY disappointed with this box after reading what some others received. Here is what was in MY mystery box: Tendu hair mask - $60 Full size Obagi foaming gel 2 oz. DELUXE SAMPLE, NOT FULL SIZE - $15 Vichy Eau Thermale 1.69 oz DELUXE SAMPLE,NOT FULL SIZE - $9.50 Make-up Designory eye pencil in black Full size - $13 SkinMedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer .25 oz DELUXE SAMPLE- $6.50 Paula Dorf lip liner in Sultry Full size- $20 SAMPLE size Laura Geller Spackle tinted primer .09 fl. oz; full size is 2 oz, making the sample price $1.22. I went onto other sites and saw pictures and descriptions being posted and thought,"Hey, I didn't get that!" Read the review below mine and see what she received. You can also go on youtube and blogs like this one: http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2013/04/blush-beauty-mystery-box-review-monthly-makeup-subscription-april-2013.html and see that most of those who do reviews received the following items in their mystery boxes: Tendu - Hair Conditioning Treatment Mask (full size)$60 Revaleskin - Intense Recovery Treatment (full size)$130 Batiste - Dry Shampoo (1.6 oz)$4 Senna - Lash Fortifier X (0.16 oz)$6.50ish SkinMedica - Ultra Sheer Moisturizer (0.25 oz) $6.50 Paula Dorf - Lip Liner in Sultry (full size)$20 I would have LOVED to have received the Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment in my mystery box (along with the Senna Lash Fortifier) instead of the Vichy Thermal Spray (which is water in a spray bottle and is only 1.69 fl. oz. $9.50, not the larger 5.07 fl.oz $14 ) and Obagi Nu-Derm cleanser, once again NOT EVEN FULL-SIZED product. The combined price of both the Vichy and Obagi products equals $24.50. Yes, that is right-only $24.50. The Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment retails for $130 on Dermstore. So, yes, I am really disappointed. Read great reviews about the Revaleskin for people like myself with sun-damaged skin and rosacea and it won an Allure Beauty Award in 2010. For those of you who did receive the mystery box with the Revaleskin, which seems to be people on blogspot or those who do youtube reviews, let me just say that I am envious! Let's compare the retail value of both boxes. My box with the Obagi and water spray came to a total of $125.22 compared to the other mystery box that others received totaling at a whopping....*drumroll please* $235!! I don't think it was too harsh; just seems that the more "valuable" boxes SEEM to go to those who blog or review online.  Maybe I am mistaken. Thanks for reading my super long post!
I received the Revaleskin and I do have a blog. However, Blush would have no way of knowing about the blog. I purchased the box and the email that I use for their website is not the one associated with the blog and I blog under a different name. I'm torn on variations, I think it allows companies to personalize more, but I've often had box envy with birchbox and with Ipsy this month as well and the discrepancy between those box values haven't ever been as large as this one. ETA: After thinking about it, I think variations are good, but they should keep the value of everyone's box about the same.

I received May's bag today. They changed the packaging and no longer ship in an enormous box. Contents under the first spoiler, pictures under the second.

Nick Chavez - Advanced Volume Conditioner, 8 oz

Cailyn - Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in "Fall Night", 0.14 oz
Cotz -Balanced Mineral Complex, 3g (same one that Sample Society sent in April)
Skylark - Mini Nail Lacquer set, 4 polishes 0.3 oz each
B. Kamins - BB Cream, 0.5 oz
Baublebar Bracelet

The gift with purchase in my box was a large foil package of Vichy Cellu Destock

They also included a code for $15.00 off your first Baublebar order over $40.00, and 15% off CoTZ products from Dermstore (COTZ15).

I just received an email that the June mystery box is available and I decided to try it.  I don't need another subscription box, but this one looks like it has some nice products. 

You can see what the featured product for the June box is here. There should be five more products in addition to it.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received an email that the June mystery box is available and I decided to try it.  I don't need another subscription box, but this one looks like it has some nice products. 
This is one of my favorite subs! Even though they release their boxes later in the month, it is always worth the wait. I totally understand about not needing another subscription box (I could stand to loose a few myself), but I think you will be happy with this one. I feel like the items are products that I can and want to use in my daily routines, a huge plus in keeping my sub going. 

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How easy is it to cancel if you sign up for the subscription option? Is there a way to cancel on the website, or do you have to call like with Beautyfix?
I have not found their website to be very user friendly. To add to that, the only way to cancel your subscription to the Mystery Beauty Box is by calling their customer service department. 

Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is one of my favorite subs! Even though they release their boxes later in the month, it is always worth the wait. I totally understand about not needing another subscription box (I could stand to loose a few myself), but I think you will be happy with this one. I feel like the items are products that I can and want to use in my daily routines, a huge plus in keeping my sub going. 
Thanks, I am looking forward to it even more now!  I may just have to figure out some others to cancel....

Latest posts

Back