New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should not have to be (as far as I know).  If you want, you can pm me the info and I can post it under a spoiler.

From LittleEmmy:

I got:

Tendu hair mask

Obagi foaming gel 2 oz.

Vichy Eau Thermale 1.69 oz

Make-up Designory eye pencil in black

SkinMedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer .25 oz

Paula Dorf lip liner in Sultry

Sample size Laura Geller Spackle tinted primer

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From LittleEmmy:

I got:

Tendu hair mask

Obagi foaming gel 2 oz.

Vichy Eau Thermale 1.69 oz

Make-up Designory eye pencil in black

SkinMedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer .25 oz

Paula Dorf lip liner in Sultry

Sample size Laura Geller Spackle tinted primer

Originally Posted by LittleEmmy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the problem is that I am new... how long will it take to be moderated?

I think I'd be happy with those contents. This is my 1st month, do they include a coupon code?

I'm OK with the selection.  Nothing is really jumping out at me, but I'll use some and share the rest.

Nope, no coupon.  I have a code for $25 off of $75, but I received that in my e-mail since it is my birthday month.

I'm OK with the selection.  Nothing is really jumping out at me, but I'll use some and share the rest.

Nope, no coupon.  I have a code for $25 off of $75, but I received that in my e-mail since it is my birthday month.
Happy birthday! I think I may have a $25 of $75 coupon as well, from when I placed my first order, I'll have to go check my email. Thank you for posting the contents.

thanks for the post! I'm not thrilled with it like I was last month...but last month the box was sold out when I was going to sub. I guess i'll be skipping this month. Don't see anything I would use in this month's (though I know it does vary by box)

Thanks so much!  Yes, I think I received that deal with my first order. 

On an unrelated note, who has received the Lip Quench and what do you think?

They always have codes going but one that always works is FREEGIFT that gives you another little bonus item.

I'd be satisfied with the box you got, LittleEmmy. I do think the whole "water you spray on your face"  thing is silly and have no clue why anyone would pay what that stuff is priced at (like the Maya Water that Sample Society sent a couple months ago). Also not the least bit thrilled to get a basic black eyeliner, but overall it seems like a good deal. It'll be interesting to see how much variation there is between what all of us end up with!

amygab, I totally agree with you.  The first thing you mentioned will probably become a gift and the second will probably go into a travel kit. 

I am super curious to see what everyone else gets, too!

I have and I think it is okay, but that is possibly because I always stay ahead of chapping that it is sort of a non-issue for me.  I know there are a fair amount of people who just love it.

I have. It's a bit thicker (goopier) than I like. I do think it does a good job keeping my lips moisturized, and I tend to have fairly dry lips. I, generally, use Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy in Lemon & Chamomile, which I love! If I reach in my bag to get chapstick, and pull out the Dermstore one I keep digging until I find the Jack Black one, but in a pinch the Lip Quench does the trick and I like it better than the Chapstick brand, or any of the drugstore brands. 

Originally Posted by Soxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have. It's a bit thicker (goopier) than I like. I do think it does a good job keeping my lips moisturized, and I tend to have fairly dry lips.
Got it from Ipsy and I agree - goopy, but effective. I like to sleep with it on. I'll be really happy if they throw that into my order, too!

Looks like we are almost twins! 

I asked you guys about the Lip Quench, because I like it a lot (especially at night like amygab) I am just a little worried about the goop factor.  I haven't had any issues yet, but Carmex (which is also goopy) will sometimes break me out around my lips.

Edit: Because Carmex is lip goop and Carmax is an auto dealership!

I

Looks like we are almost twins!  I asked you guys about the Lip Quench, because I like it a lot (especially at night like amygab) I am just a little worried about the goop factor.  I haven't had any issues yet, but Carmex (which is also goopy) will sometimes break me out around my lips.   Edit: Because Carmex is lip goop and Carmax is an auto dealership!
I just lol'ed to that. Thank you!

Sorry about not posting a pic sooner (although, we already know what's in the box). Apparently my mailman decided to keep it a couple of extra days and it didn't get to me until last night. Oh, USPS, you silly thing.

I agree with you guys about the Vichy. I don't really want to spray stuff on my face. I love the Lip Quench so far. My lips seems dry a lot of the time, and it really seems to help. 

I received my box today with the same items.  I'm not as thrilled with it as I was with the last box (mostly because I don't use eyeliner and I have no use for a nude lip pencil), but I still think it's a great sub. 

I was very tempted by this as the hair mask sounds nice, but the rest I could do without....
I do have a Beautyfix 25 off $50 to use up this week and can only think of $35 of stuff I need....

Latest posts

Back