NewBeauty Testtube March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first time ordering a tube from them in two years. I got the IT brush version. This also happened to me back two years ago, after resubbing again they sent out special full sized products to certain people but not others, (me).

This was my first month subbing and I got the It cosmetics brush variation, which is nice because I love that brush.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OK guys, I want to take a poll about this March/April tube! I've been talking to the NBTT CS through email about the two different tube variations that went out this month. I've gotten a few answers, but I want to do a bit of fact checking if you could help me out. TIA!

So my question is this:

• If you had received a tube prior to this March/April tube, did you get the variation with the Tarte Blush?

• If this was your first tube, did you receive the variation with the IT Cosmetics brush?

I cancelled my subscription 3 years ago, and this was my first tube since then. I got the Tarte blush in Frisky which stinks because it's the only Tarte blush I already own lol

OK guys, I want to take a poll about this March/April tube! I've been talking to the NBTT CS through email about the two different tube variations that went out this month. I've gotten a few answers, but I want to do a bit of fact checking if you could help me out. TIA!

So my question is this:

• If you had received a tube prior to this March/April tube, did you get the variation with the Tarte Blush?

• If this was your first tube, did you receive the variation with the IT Cosmetics brush?
This was my 4th tube and I got the blush. My very first tube included the IT Cosmetics brush.

how long does it take to receive first tube. I ordered the last day of March and have yet to receive tracking. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrsduds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how long does it take to receive first tube. I ordered the last day of March and have yet to receive tracking. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat.  I ordered around the 25th, but wasn't charged until March 31st.  I emailed CS to see if I would be receiving the March or May tube.  They didn't really respond, but said that my tube was being prepared and it generally takes 2-3 weeks from when I was charged...

This looks like a good subscription. I just wish they had better customer service. It might be enough to re think getting the May test tube

If anyone got the 30% off e-mail that made them resubscribe...did you get yet ANOTHER 30% off code???

I received an e-mail with the 30% off link back in March. I resubscribed and got this most recent tube, and then canceled. A week or so ago, I got yet ANOTHER "We Miss You, here's 30% off!" e-mail LOL...I'm wondering it they'll keep sending me them each time I unsubscribe?!

got my tube. first one. got the it cosmetics brush. but the tarte oil was crushed and spilled all over.

Well, now I'm more confused, because it looks like at least one person here was sent the brush tube even though it wasn't their first...

Basically what I was told is that this month was their pilot month to try sending out "Welcome Test Tubes" to new subscribers instead of the regular one. After you have received the first welcome tube, you would begin getting the main tube. I was a bit miffed at that because there is not a dang thing on their website or in the sign-up information about that. It felt like I was buying one thing and being sent another. They did say that this month was a test and they were going to wait and see if it became permanent, and even they seemed a bit unsure of if it was sticking around... 

Well, now I'm more confused, because it looks like at least one person here was sent the brush tube even though it wasn't their first...

Basically what I was told is that this month was their pilot month to try sending out "Welcome Test Tubes" to new subscribers instead of the regular one. After you have received the first welcome tube, you would begin getting the main tube. I was a bit miffed at that because there is not a dang thing on their website or in the sign-up information about that. It felt like I was buying one thing and being sent another. They did say that this month was a test and they were going to wait and see if it became permanent, and even they seemed a bit unsure of if it was sticking around... 
this is most likely unrelated but it's just something that I remembered. Last year (Fall 2013 tube which was shipped out in September) was when they started the whole new "Beauty Tube" with the new style of container and the every other month shipment. The "It brush" was the super surprise item to celebrate their new format that everyone got with that tube. Sounds like they're doing what Birchbox does with having a different welcome box for the 1st month.

Quote: Originally Posted by Carcolery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm in the same boat.  I ordered around the 25th, but wasn't charged until March 31st.  I emailed CS to see if I would be receiving the March or May tube.  They didn't really respond, but said that my tube was being prepared and it generally takes 2-3 weeks from when I was charged...
I ordered on 3/20 and was charged on 3/22.  Then on 4/2 I got an email saying my tube would ship the first of May.  I assumed that I had missed the deadline for the March/April one and that I had essentially prepaid for May.  Then on 4/9 I got an email with tracking info for a tube that should arrive on Monday.  Presumably I'm getting the March/April after all.

On the welcome-tube topic, it kind of makes sense.  When they ship every other month and promise to ship within 2-3 weeks of being charged that's a big window for new users.  If they get enough products for their current subscribers, then have tons of unexpected new people join they've got to have a plan to deal with that.  They could say "too bad, you didn't sign up by Feb 15th so you're ineligible for the March/April tube, try again in May", but then you'd forget.  Or they could only plan for a few extras and put everybody else on a waiting list, but that's no fun.  A welcome tube for all new subs sounds like a pretty decent alternative. 

Yeah, maybe they should publish something about the fact that they're doing welcome tubes, but if this is a trial run I can see why they didn't really mention it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subbed to NBTT prior to this moth and received the tarte blush, however my box was a replacement.
I should note that I have subbed for about a year and I've received both the tarte blush and IT cosmetics brush in prior boxes.
I received the same color blush both times, in flush.
I have been subscribed to the NBTT for a couple years, I have received both the Tarte blush in Flush and the It Cosmetic brush in past test tubes.  I received the blush again in this last tube.  Would have preferred the brush.  But, the blush is o.k.  Better than another hair volumizing product.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If anyone got the 30% off e-mail that made them resubscribe...did you get yet ANOTHER 30% off code???

I received an e-mail with the 30% off link back in March. I resubscribed and got this most recent tube, and then canceled. A week or so ago, I got yet ANOTHER "We Miss You, here's 30% off!" e-mail LOL...I'm wondering it they'll keep sending me them each time I unsubscribe?!

I wish they'd send me that email!  I also wish I knew which one I was getting.  Im guessing since I haven't heard a word since I signed up that I'm getting the May one.  I'm okay with that.

So, does everyone get the it cosmetics brush with their first box, our was that just if your first box was this month?

Back