Nordstrom/MAC Anniversary (Novel Twist)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this? I think I read somewhere it is brushes, but im not sure. I couldnt find anything else on it, maybe i always look in the wrong place lol!

Yah i believe it is brushes. The lady at my local mac counter said to come back on the whatever-th of july because it was coming out with C-Shock but i dont know if it actually did or not.. It seems like in Canada everything comes out later then everywhere else.

got this in a makeup forum dedicated to MAC

July 20th - Nordstrom Exclusive

Paint Pots

* Painterly - Nude beige (Cream)

* Indianwood - Metallic antique bronze (Frost)

* Artifact - Dark burgundy with red pearlized pigments (Frost)

* Delft - Deep teal with gold pearlized pigmens (Frost)

* Stringalone - Warm mid-tone brown (Cream) (LE)

* Stray Grey - Gray mauve (Cream) (LE)

Lipglass

* Spree - Pink champagned taupe (cream) (LE)

* Wander - Sheer chocolate brown (cream) (LE)

* Sprightly - Freshwater oyster pink (frost) (LE)

* Gadabout - Mid-tone yellow pink with white pearlized pigments (frost) (LE)

Powder Blush

* Out Of Bounds - Neutral mid-tone brown (satin) (LE)

* Whim - Soiree pink (satin) (LE)

Beauty Powder

* Sun twist - Warm peach (LE)

* Softdew - Neutral brown rose (LE) (Repromote, Catherine Deneuve '06)

Palettes & Gift Sets

5 Warm Eyes (LE)

* Unwind - Antigued gold (veluxe pearl) (new)

* Adlib - Muted grey brown with silver sparkle (lustre) (new)

* Vanilla - Soft pale peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (Velvet)

* Folie - Reddish-plum brown (Satin)

* Club - Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin)

5 Cool Eyes (LE)

* Novel Twist - Soft muted plum brown (lustre) (new)

* Twirl Twirl - Grey mid-tone pink with silver sparkle (velvet) (new)

* Phloof! - Frosted off-white (Frost)

* Beauty Marked - A deep blackened red with a sparkle/twilight effect (Velvet)

* Deep Truth - Very real truthful dark blue (Frost)

3 Tan Lips (LE)

* Fetish (lipstick) - Intense brown with copper shimmer (Frost)

* Frenzy (lipstick) - Soft muted pinky-peach beige with golden shimmer (Frost)

* Spunlight (gloss) - Sheer golden yellow with gold pearlized pigments (frost)

3 Coral Lips (LE)

* Ramblin' Rose (lipstick) - A floralesque pinky-coral rose (Frost)

* Sway (lipstick) -

* Rambling (gloss) - Warm yellow gold with white and gold pearlized pigments (frost)

3 Pink Lips (LE)

* High Strung (lipstick) - A deeply enlightened pink silver (Frost)

* Swirl (lipstick) - Plum with silver pearlized pigments (frost)

* Loop Around (gloss) - Light pink with pearlized pigments (frost)

3 Plum Lips (LE)

* Darkside (lipstick) -

* New York Apple (lipstick) - Pinky red with pink pearlized pigments (frost)

* Scribbles (gloss) - Neutral grey pink with silver sparkle (frost)

5 Basic Brushes (LE)

* 129 - Powder/Blush

* 190 - Foundation

* 224 - Tapered Blending

* 242 - Shader

* 266 - Small Angle

5 Pro Brushes (LE)

* 187 - Duo Fibre (skunk)

* 168 - Large Angled Contour

* 212 - Flat Definer

* 219 - Pencil

* 275 - Medium Angled Shading

Makeup Bag (LE)

Warm Pearlizer + Brush (LE)

* Quiver - Bronze Shimmer

* 182 - Mini buffer

Cool Pearlizer + Brush (LE)

* Hundred Degrees - Pink Shimmer

* 182 - Mini buffer

I love those brushes. Before taxes it 99 bucks for 10 mac brushes[well if you get both]. I just found all the list for this.

GET GADABOUT LIPGLASS AND WHIM BLUSH!!

Gadabout is the most bubblegum pink I have ever seen in a lipgloss and really pigmented even on my super pigmented lips! It's soooo pretty, same with Whim blush!!

I can't wait to pick up my Pro brush set. i have it pre-order but i'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif GET GADABOUT LIPGLASS AND WHIM BLUSH!!
Gadabout is the most bubblegum pink I have ever seen in a lipgloss and really pigmented even on my super pigmented lips! It's soooo pretty, same with Whim blush!!

That sounds like a great color. Now I want to see more of the pics.

I'm seriously not impatient or anything (lol!) but I think the people who pre-ordered novel twist stuff; I did in mid june; should have had the stuff shipped to them to receive it on the 20th... when it was available in stores. Now I will be getting the stuff sometime next week... who knows when. Kinda like when online stores do a pre-sale of a dvd release, or a book... you have it in your mailbox the day of it's release. I waited this long, I know I can wait another week. I guess it is just a gripe I have for nordstrom, I'm sure all of this stuff was behind the counter for weeks now.

oh well... I know this is a pointless post, i'm just ranting. ignore me.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm seriously not impatient or anything (lol!) but I think the people who pre-ordered novel twist stuff; I did in mid june; should have had the stuff shipped to them to receive it on the 20th... when it was available in stores. Now I will be getting the stuff sometime next week... who knows when. Kinda like when online stores do a pre-sale of a dvd release, or a book... you have it in your mailbox the day of it's release. I waited this long, I know I can wait another week. I guess it is just a gripe I have for nordstrom, I'm sure all of this stuff was behind the counter for weeks now.
oh well... I know this is a pointless post, i'm just ranting. ignore me.

but isn't it like the Harry Potter book. the bookstores receive their shipment maybe weeks in advance but aren't allow to open it until July 21st.

I realize certain books can't be released until a certain time, and there is a reason for that. This Harry Potter book was a huge deal, because everyone wondered the outcome. So it was like top secret, and book shipments were guarded in stores. An ordinary book, if it realeases on the 22nd, it's there on the 22nd... if you pre-ordered.
I'm just saying I'm sure they had this stuff in stock for at least a week now... and the people that pre-ordered online, it would have been nice to have in on release date. My post was just a rant... that's all.
Edit: Now that I look my post over, I didn't even mention the harry potter book.
Originally Posted by
noahlowryfan

/img/forum/go_quote.gif

but isn't it like the Harry Potter book. the bookstores receive their shipment maybe weeks in advance but aren't allow to open it until July 21st.

I pre-order the pro brush set and picked it up this past saturday morning. I was in the door, right as they opened. They were already sold out of the pro set. Glad i preordered.

I pre-ordered the Pro Brush Set online and should get it tomorrow.
frown.gif
I'm so impatient. lol. I, like Nicole, thought maybe it would be delivered on the 20th, but no such luck!

THere's nothing there that i absolutely have to have. The palettes are nice but I am waiting for some of the other collections to come out. I was thinking about the brushes but I keep hearing they aren't as good quality as the big ones.

I saw it at Nordstrom, I was supposed to buy some of the stuff, and I wasn't able to D':

I'm sad. I'm so broke from Rushmetal and Flashtronic. I really liked the little pearlizer and blush!

I got the Cool set Pearlizer and brush from the mail today. I have to say...that's the UGLIEST bag I've owned from mac by far. lol, but I love the cute lil brush. Not sure if I would use the pearlizer though since I mainly bought this for the brush (haha)
lol.gif

Originally Posted by asglittersfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif THere's nothing there that i absolutely have to have. The palettes are nice but I am waiting for some of the other collections to come out. I was thinking about the brushes but I keep hearing they aren't as good quality as the big ones. FYI. I'm happier with this brush set than the one I got from MAC during the holidays.

Back