Notepad Competition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. I just figured out how to make a box and put my name it it.. And couldn't even get the link to show up but thanks to Kee and Tony got over that!! Lol.

Kee, just copy your notepad into mine and change your name to mine and the color to pink!! The photos are fine.. No on will know the difference anyway!! Lol

Karren

I like everyone's notepad.

Kee is just showing off her skills, we alllll know that! =P

lmao @ skills! I've seen much nicer notepads!
tongue.gif

good idea ! i keep forgetting i need to update mine, it's kind of poor.

hey, i just saw on your notepad you linked, mine ! thanks Kee !
smile.gif

Ughhh so now I HAVE to do mine...finally hehe I'll work on it tonight I promise!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sreyomac /img/forum/go_quote.gif so i found a background i want... what do i do with it???? Sent you a PM!
smile.gif

sweet idea! now i gotta go and get my things to hold all my makeup! mo money! geez... but im in!

Might aswell hand me the prize, hello. After I jazz up my notepad... it'd be like another Picasso. Work of art. Orgasm for the eyes.

God would be looking at it and saying, "OH MY ME... that's awesome."

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Might aswell hand me the prize, hello. After I jazz up my notepad... it'd be like another Picasso. Work of art. Orgasm for the eyes.
God would be looking at it and saying, "OH MY ME... that's awesome."

Hahahah that's fantastic

Glad you're going to participate! I can't wait to see what people have done with their entries in the end!
smile.gif

Hi Jess and others. Let me explain the chronology of the "notepad" vs. "users profiles". They are kind of similar and different in their own ways.

Notepads Circa 2003 originally called "My Editor".

When I first started programming MUT back in 2002, I wanted to be able to give users the ability to have their own basic websites on MUT. This would be to put up pics of their stashes, MU collections, MU/skin care products they loved, pics of their families, dogs, cats, friends etc...basically whatever you wanted and in whatever format you wanted to put there. We made it so you can enter HTML yourself OR use our own built in HTML editor so help you with HTML. You will need the latest browser to be able to use the Notepad feature.

Click here to Edit your Notepads

User Profiles Circa 2003

At that time, user profiles were BORING and only had a few things in them, no colors or BBcode allowed

User Profiles Circa 2005-present

I figured out how to allow users to use CSS(cascading style sheets) to "colorize or picture-ize" their profiles to act close to myspace. We wanted to allow users to be able to add their own colors/background pics etc without allowing straight HTML. We also wanted to maintain some sort of control over the formatting(how it looks) of the profiles so that if someone was on your profile and you had it all jazzed up, that person would still know they are viewing a "user profile". So, we don't allow the format (tables/cells) to be modified, but we do allow you to modify how those tables/cells/backgrounds can look with CSS and allow BBCODE to be used inside those tables/cells. The commenting system was added also.

Click here to read more on how to customize your profiles

In a nutshell, MUT is allowing for two really cool personal pages for you to use about yourself. One is a little different than the other but both encompass their own personalization properties.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jesskaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But isn't that what are pages are for?...
so, the notepads are suppose to be about us?

Great summary Tony! I like to think of my profile as my little "about me" section, and my notepad as my own little basic website, as you said. It's alot like myspace, but I can personalize it so much more!

Back