Notoriously Morbid (non-Vanishing Cabinet)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my black friday order!  I got the Sparkle horse and kiss & tell glosses, mother & earth, autumn flower and water & intuition shadows and the Cermet & Paesh eyeshadow!  I am so happy I got it!  Was worried I did not get my order in, in time due to my CC being frauded.

Can't wait to put on Kiss & Tell.

She made a comment on fb that she has had many people with shipping problems due to her mail carrier. So idk. I hope it shows up soon.
Yeah. I understand that it isn't her fault and I feel bad for her BUT it still sucks ordering something and not knowing when/if you'll get it!  If I notice that the shipping issues get better after a couple of months I may do some more ordering, but in the meantime, I probably won't be buying anything except the VC...too stressful!

Yeah. I understand that it isn't her fault and I feel bad for her BUT it still sucks ordering something and not knowing when/if you'll get it! If I notice that the shipping issues get better after a couple of months I may do some more ordering, but in the meantime, I probably won't be buying anything except the VC...too stressful!
Agreed! I only made one order with her besides the VC and it took awhile to get to me. I ordered something for my best friend and when I told her it arrived she said she completely forgot about it since it took so long to ship. I really didn't think it would take this long to get my BF order!

My BF order came! The Cermit and Paesh GWO is so pretty!! I'd like to say it was worth the wait lol

I'm off to do my makeup now!

My BF order fiiiiiinally came!

The shadows are all so pretty! Realized that I accidentally ordered a dupe (I hadn't gotten my first order yet when I made this one and forgot what I had ordered) but it is a pretty shade (Walking on Sunshine) and will be used.

My Coffin Kisser doesn't have much/any scent or flavor to it (it's the pumpkin one) BUT I really like the way it feels, so I'm still happy with it. Do the others have much scent/flavor?

Cermit & Paesh is gorgeous and next up on my "to use" list, assuming I can actually leave the house next week!

I have a few Coffin Kissers in various flavors, and the strength of scent/flavor varies wildly. Cara & Mel's Rampage is OH HAI I AM CARAMEL, but Cas's Enochian Schnapps (watermelon cinnamon) is practically unscented/unflavored. I don't know whether it's a difference between tubes of one flavor or between flavors.

I have a few Coffin Kissers in various flavors, and the strength of scent/flavor varies wildly. Cara & Mel's Rampage is OH HAI I AM CARAMEL, but Cas's Enochian Schnapps (watermelon cinnamon) is practically unscented/unflavored. I don't know whether it's a difference between tubes of one flavor or between flavors.
Huh, my Cas' Enochian Schnapps has a very strong smell (in the best way possible) I only pick up the watermelon though.

Huh, my Cas' Enochian Schnapps has a very strong smell (in the best way possible) I only pick up the watermelon though.
Wacky! In that case, I'm going to guess it's a tube-to-tube variation because I ordered yours and mine at the same time. I do get watermelon in mine, but it's *really* faint. But I love the formula, so the strength of the scent/flavor isn't a deal-breaker!

Wacky! In that case, I'm going to guess it's a tube-to-tube variation because I ordered yours and mine at the same time. I do get watermelon in mine, but it's *really* faint. But I love the formula, so the strength of the scent/flavor isn't a deal-breaker!
It must be variations in batches, then...I remember when I ordered,someone told me how yummy their pumpkin one was. I honestly can't detect even a bit of scent or flavor in mine!

Which is okay since I like the way it feels, but I am still on a mission for my favorite indie balm when it comes to flavors/scents!

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be variations in batches, then...I remember when I ordered,someone told me how yummy their pumpkin one was. I honestly can't detect even a bit of scent or flavor in mine!

Which is okay since I like the way it feels, but I am still on a mission for my favorite indie balm when it comes to flavors/scents!
I think @@MIKAGlam and I have tubes from the same batch because hers was from her Secret Santa, aka me, and I ordered both of them at the same time. I wonder if it's like when you microwave soup and have pockets of hot and cold unless you stir really well.
ETA: Actually, now that I think about it, it must be a mixing thing because I *have* hit a burst of HELLO WATERMELON JOLLY RANCHER, but it's not consistent through the tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @@MIKAGlam and I have tubes from the same batch because hers was from her Secret Santa, aka me, and I ordered both of them at the same time. I wonder if it's like when you microwave soup and have pockets of hot and cold unless you stir really well.
Hmm, maybe so! Unless one was from a previous batch and the other from a new batch. Either way, kind of strange!

I don't always care if my balm is scented/flavored, but I do find that scented/flavored ones help cut back on cravings for sweets for me, so I tend to go for them. Is that odd? 

ETA: Actually, now that I think about it, it must be a mixing thing because I *have* hit a burst of HELLO WATERMELON JOLLY RANCHER, but it's not consistent through the tube.
Hmm I just used mine and now I pick up on the cinnamon ( I never looked up what flavor it was, I just wanted it for Cas, good thing it turned out to be amazing!). It must be a mixing thing.

Oh, man, I want to comment on the flash contest with song/character matchups, but I don't actually want to win the shadow!  (I already have it, so I want to leave it to people who don't already have it because that's just good karma.)  So...  I just have to say that I can see Crowley with "Orinoco Flow" by Enya.  Because "it's soothing."  (To this day, I have flashbacks to the time I found an Enya cd in my parents' music collection and started to tease my mom about her questionable taste in music -- and being informed it was my classic rock-loving father's cd.  And that he loved Enya.  Because "it's soothing."  Uh.)

In unrelated news, man, I might have to try to get minis of all of the Murder of Crows shadows when the non-square-jarred overstock goes up since the original jars suck so much.  I definitely want more It Can't Rain All the Time -- because there are times here when I seriously question that.

In unrelated news, man, I might have to try to get minis of all of the Murder of Crows shadows when the non-square-jarred overstock goes up since the original jars suck so much.  I definitely want more It Can't Rain All the Time -- because there are times here when I seriously question that.
I've actually barely used my MoC set - I've tested like one of the shadows since SO MUCH comes out the sides of the jar even when you just open it.  I just feel depressed when I see that much shadow flying around. I opened one of them on a piece of parchment paper and then used a shadow brush to get the excess from the sides and pour it back into the jar. It all came out again when I opened the jar the next time, and I don't store my jars on their sides. I'm considering buying some of my own jars and transferring them.

I've been using the MoC set this week and wow those jars are leaky.  I've been unscrewing the lids part way and then just using the shadow that falls onto the corners of the jar.  My sink is very sparkly this morning.  That said, I love Nothing is Trivial and 30 Hours of Pain.  I think there was an audible Ooooh!  this morning when I opened 30 hrs.   :wub:

The lids of the MoC set fit on the empty jars I have, so I just transferred them. They're so much better, so if you have jars, I recommend doing that!

@ actually sent me a ton of empty jars so I will be transferring the MOC shadows over as soon as I remember.

It's almost gone!  I missed only one thing I had been planning on getting, and even that one isn't a bummer to miss:  Battalions of Sorrow from the Murder of Crows collection.  I only wanted it so I would have a complete  collection of round minis.  I'm actually not too wild about the color itself, and I think I like the collection better without it, which seems a little strange, but there we go.  I do have the original square jar, so at least I have it in *some* form.  I snagged round jar backups of the other four, though!  And a Sugar Cookie Santa Kisser, just because!  Yay for the discount!  Four minis and a lip balm for under $10 plus shipping!

In conclusion:  Thank you, NM, for making it worth getting up early on my last day of vacation.  (Weekends don't count as far as vacation goes here because I get them off anyway.)  (Next week is going to *suck* because I've gotten used to sleeping in until 8am, and I'm going to have to go back to getting up at 5am on Monday.)

Back