Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have to hand it to him for knowing how to apologize when he accidentally uses outdated terms that are now considered to be racist.  "I'm sorry if you were offended" = NO.  "I make no excuse for my being an idiot and know the damage is done" = Pretty much everyone seems to have forgiven him.  He knows not only when to stop digging but how to sit in the hole he created and wear the Cone of Shame.  (It does help that he used to word while trying to explain that more racial diversity is needed.  It's one of those situations where the *intent* was good, but the execution was *ahem* problematic.)

ETA:  And he didn't pull a Piers Morgan and go all HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE ME!  I WAS TRYING TO *HELP* YOU UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I think I'm going to have to throw my Feeling Alive coffin kisser away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I understand they are handmade and will have lumps but this one is insanely lumpy and I just have what seems like a billion other chapsticks so why bother with this one.

Also, it smells oddly like buttered popcorn instead of peaches. For awhile my boyfriend kept telling me I smelled like buttered popcorn and it confused me. I was thinking my lotion just turned on me. Then he used my Chapstick and figured out the smell. It's the coffin kisser. So now all I smell is buttered popcorn. So I'm just gonna toss it. I can use my Krampus kisser now! I only like to have 2-3 open a a time. Plus I lost my GG one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I think I'm going to have to throw my Feeling Alive coffin kisser away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I understand they are handmade and will have lumps but this one is insanely lumpy and I just have what seems like a billion other chapsticks so why bother with this one.

Also, it smells oddly like buttered popcorn instead of peaches. For awhile my boyfriend kept telling me I smelled like buttered popcorn and it confused me. I was thinking my lotion just turned on me. Then he used my Chapstick and figured out the smell. It's the coffin kisser. So now all I smell is buttered popcorn. So I'm just gonna toss it. I can use my Krampus kisser now! I only like to have 2-3 open a a time. Plus I lost my GG one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have this weird problem with peach stuff going buttery on me.  It's usually just perfume oil, but this Coffin Kisser did the same thing.  I had chalked it up to the fact that it's supposed to be peach *cobbler*, and I figured that buttery note represented the pastry.  And my open tube is bumpy, too, but the oval shape sits nicely on my keyboard at work (I *have* to have a lip balm sitting there at all times!), so I continue to use it since it's not *gritty* (I've had that happen with other brands).  I think it's just something that happens with a particular ingredient (shea butter, maybe?) in the current formulation, which is why the Coffin Kissers are currently unavailable:  They're reformulating to remove that ingredient.  I still have an unopened Feeling Alive as well as an unopened Impala Peach (plus one of the Santa Kissers on order), though, and I'm going to be interested to see how lumpy those are.  My Grisly Grimoire one seems fine, though, and it's past the age that FA started being bumpy, so maybe it's just an issue with the FAs?

I have this weird problem with peach stuff going buttery on me. It's usually just perfume oil, but this Coffin Kisser did the same thing. I had chalked it up to the fact that it's supposed to be peach *cobbler*, and I figured that buttery note represented the pastry. And my open tube is bumpy, too, but the oval shape sits nicely on my keyboard at work (I *have* to have a lip balm sitting there at all times!), so I continue to use it since it's not *gritty* (I've had that happen with other brands). I think it's just something that happens with a particular ingredient (shea butter, maybe?) in the current formulation, which is why the Coffin Kissers are currently unavailable: They're reformulating to remove that ingredient. I still have an unopened Feeling Alive as well as an unopened Impala Peach (plus one of the Santa Kissers on order), though, and I'm going to be interested to see how lumpy those are. My Grisly Grimoire one seems fine, though, and it's past the age that FA started being bumpy, so maybe it's just an issue with the FAs?
Glad to see its just not my nose then! Thought I was going crazy. This is a CK I keep at my boyfriend's dorm so I don't have to dig in my purse to find one and he likes using them too (I ask him all the time if he wants me to buy him one and he's always "nahh I don't need/use Chapstick, but the second I keep one at his place he is always using it, man complex! Also we are that gross couple that share everything, even Chapstick) so I'm going to have to replace it before he gripes.I also have to have chapsticks hidden around at all times. Chapstick addict problems.

None of my other CKs had lumps, at all, that I can recall so maybe FA was a weird batch. I'm positive nothing is wrong with it, I just don't like the feeling.

Back