Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came today (I never even got shipping?) and it's SO PRETTY. The swatches don't do them justice.

IMG_8788.JPG

Closeups under the spoiler.

Sorry these are messy...you can't see the pretty sheen and duochromes on some of them!

IMG_8783.JPG

IMG_8782.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_8787.JPG

IMG_8785.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

Mine came today! I don't feel like wearing makeup today so I will definitely play with them tomorrow! I loved all the swatches I did with them.

I have no idea what the clue is

I'm *really* hoping someone gets a different sample so we have two things to base theories on!  If there's a reference to France, the Old West, the Civil War, Greece, or the seven dirty words you can never say on television, that will be a clear pointer to me.  Or Dashing Dallas, Alluring Alexander, or Stunning Stevenson.  Those will also be clear pointers.

The only other thing I can think of for the spoiler is that there has been interest expressed in making Idris Elba the next James Bond...perhaps trying to Entice him into the role?

The only other thing I can think of for the spoiler is that there has been interest expressed in making Idris Elba the next James Bond...perhaps trying to Entice him into the role?
This was what I thought as well! If they did a 007 theme I would freak! Dual wield golden guns!

I've been whining about how he needs to be the next Bond for couple of years now!  Stringer Bell, everybody!  (I would use other words, but the forum's filter will block them.)  The last time I felt this strongly about a particular actor being perfect for the next Bond was ten years ago (ten years ago today, in fact, if I remember that week correctly) when I saw _Layer Cake_ at Sundance.  That entire town was practically on fire with the buzz over that actor even though it was later announced that he would *not* be the next Bond and that they were still looking.  And that actor's name was Daniel Craig.  So.  Even if a studio says someone absolutely positively *will not* be a certain character, I don't believe them, but some of the leaked Sony emails are in reference to possible negotiations with Elba for the role, so fingers are crossed.

In VC news, yowza, Headstrong is heavy on the pink sparkles!  I know what I'll be wearing tomorrow!

I actually love the next month's spoiler - if the other colors are this rich, deeper color, I will be happy.   The only color I will keep from this month is headstrong, as I have a weakness for teals. 

I did some big swatches here

nm0.jpg

shadows are from top to bottom - headstrong, rebel, pureheart, showtime, show's over

I included this one, as I thought it showed the glitter and iridescence of the shadows nicely.  My swatches don't do them justice

nm1.jpg

1.  headstrong

2.  Rebel

3.  This is what happens when Rebel & Pureheart mix by accident - haha

nm2.jpg

1.  Pureheart

2.  Showtime

3.  Show's Over

4.  Enticing Elba (next month's peek...I like this one)

I know this isn't like NM, but maybe since it's February, for VD it's handsome actors? Enticing Elba, Loving Leo, Romancing Ryan, Hot Times With Hiddleston?? I don't know what actors are considered attractive, especially for NM- I'd imagine it's more like Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, that creepy guy from 28 Days Later and Sunshine?? This doesn't match NM at all, but then again I didn't think Jem did, either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only other Elba I can think of is in The Count of Monte Cristo, an island.

I just Googled and found this, though, and while I know it's just a coincidence (sort of like the Bill  & Ted, which would be amazing) I would flip: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/10/lost-watch-able-was-i-ere-i-saw-elba/?_r=0

Also: Got mine today! Super surprised.

I know this isn't like NM, but maybe since it's February, for VD it's handsome actors? Enticing Elba, Loving Leo, Romancing Ryan, Hot Times With Hiddleston?? I don't know what actors are considered attractive, especially for NM- I'd imagine it's more like Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, that creepy guy from 28 Days Later and Sunshine?? This doesn't match NM at all, but then again I didn't think Jem did, either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just Googled and found this, though, and while I know it's just a coincidence (sort of like the Bill  & Ted, which would be amazing) I would flip: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/10/lost-watch-able-was-i-ere-i-saw-elba/?_r=0

I would do anything for a hot time with hiddleston eyeshadow/blush/lipgloss.

If it's going to be hot guys, I think at least one of the Chris's should be included - Evans, Pine, Hemsworth, Pratt, etc  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

eta: Maybe it's hot villains? 

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's going to be hot guys, I think at least one of the Chris's should be included - Evans, Pine, Hemsworth, Pratt, etc  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

eta: Maybe it's hot villains? 
Pining For Pine, Enamored of Evans, Hot n' Heavy with Hemsworth (or, ya know, Horny For Hemsworth. Or Crazy for Chris).

Also, I'm sorry if I offended anyone by calling Cillian Murphy creepy, haha! I have the most plain taste when it comes to actors- I'm attracted to their ACTING- for me, it would go, like, "Passionate About Paul" (Schneider, who most people don't even know exists as an actor, haha) "Seducing Sam Rockwell," "Moaning with Katherin Moennig" (sexiest actress ever!) and "Lustin' for Lisa (Bonet),"  

Whatever they do, they need to make one titled "My Body is Ready For ____" maybe "My Body is Ready for Mads Mikkelsen"  (this would also work if they're choosing actors known for iconic villain roles, like Idris on The Wire!) 

I'm a little disappointed with the pigmentation of this VC. I've only tried pure heart, headstrong, and Show's Over. When I wear color I like in your face colors and these are very light on me. I love the glitter in them though so I'll just wear them over my UD electric palette, which gets major love from me.

I'm a little disappointed with the pigmentation of this VC. I've only tried pure heart, headstrong, and Show's Over. When I wear color I like in your face colors and these are very light on me. I love the glitter in them though so I'll just wear them over my UD electric palette, which gets major love from me.
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to try some of these wet.  Anyone have a good tutorial for that?  

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to try some of these wet.  Anyone have a good tutorial for that?  
The brush just needs to be damp - use some tissue to pat off any excess water. You probably want to use primer underneath.

Yep yep, totally agree - mine came today, and after swatching I was left feeling a bit letdown. This is the second month in a row the VC is a bit lackluster, imo. I reeeeallly don't want to cancel, because of my crippling FOMO but I think I will have to make a decision in the next few months.

With that said, I did like this month's Lipcraft, more so than Lipgloss for Leatherface.. I think I will wear this month's more, especially as a topper for lipstick and lipliner!

Got mine today! I got really good pigmentation with the shadows over Geek Chic's Power Up Primer. 

I AM OBSESSED WITH HEADSTRONG AND THE ENTICING ELBA SAMPLE :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Back