Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is at the sorting facility in my town.

On another note how do people know there will be a lippie in this month and what the colors are?  Did I totally miss something?

Woke up to a shipping notice this morning!!  Yay!

What primers do you ladies suggest using with these shadows? I've been stalking fyrrinae for pixie expoxy but they're closed for production. I've been stalking GDE for foil me and glitter fix to no avail. I currently only have too faced shadow insurance and mary kay eye primer - both of which are fine for my every day shadow wear. Would it behoove me to make a trip to sephora to get a sample of glitter glue or something of the more sticky ilk of primer?

Woke up to a shipping notice this morning!!  Yay!

What primers do you ladies suggest using with these shadows? I've been stalking fyrrinae for pixie expoxy but they're closed for production. I've been stalking GDE for foil me and glitter fix to no avail. I currently only have too faced shadow insurance and mary kay eye primer - both of which are fine for my every day shadow wear. Would it behoove me to make a trip to sephora to get a sample of glitter glue or something of the more sticky ilk of primer?
ELF's glitter glue actually works really well and it's only $1 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Otherwise, yeah, I think it would be worth it to get a sample from Sephora - I think Too Faced has their own glitter glue, but I can't vouch for how well it works. 

Not sure how everyone else does it, but I use a regular primer first (Smashbox 24 hr or UD PP). Then I usually use NYX Milk for a base. Then glitter glue. Then eye shadow on top of that.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@disconik I know people have also had good luck with Darling Glitter Girl's stuff (name is escaping me) as well as TooFaced Glitter stuff too. 

I usually thrown on a primer, (TooFaced or UD PP, it was GDE's now discontinued primer that I freaking lost), then a bit of the sticky base. I let the base dry down a bit and pat on my shadows. Then I add a little more of PE if it's not sparkly enough. I have NYX Milk but still havent used it #lazy. 

Right now, my primer is a prototype of GDE Control Freak (I think I read somewhere that it's not going into production, but it's not as amazing as the original CF, so I'm not too torn up about not being able to get more), and then I put GDE Glitter Fix or the e.l.f. glitter glue (it basically depends on which one I unearth from the depths of my rotation box first) on top of that. Once I run out of CF, I'll probably be using Nars or UD primer since I have samples of both of those, but that's months away.

Weeeeeeeee mine was delivered! I'll let someone else post pictures because I'm still in bed and it's dark, but ahhhh so pretty! 

Trying to figure out the theme for next month is already driving me nuts:

Enticing Elba
It sounds..familiar? But I can't place it. 

Well, I know where my mind immediately went, but I *have* been watching a whole lot of _Luther_ lately.
I was thinking that too but it seems odd to name it after an actor and not a character?

I'm hoping someone gets another sample so I have more clues!

There's also a famous palindrome associated with Napoleon:  "Able was I, ere I saw Elba."  So OF COURSE the logical conclusion I have drawn is _Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure_.  Because that makes sense.  (There was a cartoon based on the movie in the early '90s, and there was a tie-in cereal.  I have the box from the cereal, and I used to also have a plastic phone booth that was in the cereal, too.  I *should* still have the phone booth somewhere because that's exactly the sort of thing I would keep forever and ever, but I might have accidentally thrown it out.)

There's also a famous palindrome associated with Napoleon:  "Able was I, ere I saw Elba."  So OF COURSE the logical conclusion I have drawn is _Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure_.  Because that makes sense.  (There was a cartoon based on the movie in the early '90s, and there was a tie-in cereal.  I have the box from the cereal, and I used to also have a plastic phone booth that was in the cereal, too.  I *should* still have the phone booth somewhere because that's exactly the sort of thing I would keep forever and ever, but I might have accidentally thrown it out.)
Ahhhhhhhhhh I hope you're right!  :w00t:

Heh.  That was actually a joke!

And, AAAARGH!  Tracking says it went in my mailbox more than an hour and a half ago.  My mailbox?  Is completely empty.  My mailman hasn't ever said something has been delivered when it isn't.  I'm hoping it's in one of the other two triplex mailboxes because those neighbors will most likely just drop it in my mailbox once they get their own mail.

ETA:  Apparently, my mail carrier scans stuff as delivered when it's put on his truck or something because tracking said it was delivered at 9:08 or so, and it was *just* dropped in my mailbox about five minutes ago.  My sneak peek was the same as the one @ received.  Man, it's pretty.  I hope that it doesn't change too much if it's reformulated!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@meaganola I am seriously sobbing forever that I lost my GDE primer. IDK WTF happened to it. Gone in the abyss of either my car, room, or bae's room. 

Elba ehh?? I randomly thought of Elphaba first and was like OOH A WICKED THEME and then remembered it was just Elba...lol

Latest posts

Back