Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Murder of Crows and Black Friday overstock is up - though a lot of it is sold out already 

Do they every put their special edition eyeshadows for overstock or such? I reall want Showtime.

eta: nevermind, i answered my own question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little disappointed with the pigmentation of this VC. I've only tried pure heart, headstrong, and Show's Over. When I wear color I like in your face colors and these are very light on me. I love the glitter in them though so I'll just wear them over my UD electric palette, which gets major love from me.
Honestly, I'm finding this to be the case with most of the NM shadows I have. I don't mind sheer sometimes, but I'm finding all of them (I think I have...17 now? 18?) it's a little disappointing. The colors are so pretty but just not as vibrant and pigmented as I want, even foiled. Sometimes they'll swatch vibrantly enough, but go sheerer on my eyes, regardless of what primer I use.

I'm torn because I am not loving the shadows themselves compared to others like GDE, DG, and Aromaleigh, but I love the themes so much that I'd hate to cancel. Hmm.

For me, sheer shadows can be beneficial.  I can get a little heavy-handed with the eyeshadows sometimes, so I do love using NM shadows for subtle looks.  I loved most of the themes at the beginning, but the last two haven't been my faves (not a horror movie fan for Merry Monsters, never watched Jem.  Although I *love* the colors in the Jem collection!).  I'm going to stick around for a few more months, but I am SO overloaded on eyeshadow pigments that I my need to overcome my OMG I NEED DIS tendencies and cancel.  Especially if any indie company ever came out with a lippie sub, because yes, I WOULD NEED THAT.  

But for now, the VC is an exception to my no-buy, so I'll keep it and trade/gift/sell any themes I'm not fond of.  

For me, sheer shadows can be beneficial.  I can get a little heavy-handed with the eyeshadows sometimes, so I do love using NM shadows for subtle looks.  I loved most of the themes at the beginning, but the last two haven't been my faves (not a horror movie fan for Merry Monsters, never watched Jem.  Although I *love* the colors in the Jem collection!).  I'm going to stick around for a few more months, but I am SO overloaded on eyeshadow pigments that I my need to overcome my OMG I NEED DIS tendencies and cancel.  Especially if any indie company ever came out with a lippie sub, because yes, I WOULD NEED THAT.  

But for now, the VC is an exception to my no-buy, so I'll keep it and trade/gift/sell any themes I'm not fond of.  
I admit I was a bit bummed by merry monsters, just because I love horror movies so much, but the shades are just so light and sheer that I haven't been using them! I tend to be heavy handed, too...but I like it that way, haha!  And the gloss makes me look like I made a mess eating a candy bar, ha. I just like my eye makeup to be nice and vibrant, and I like a sheer here and there for highlight, or an occasional low maintenence look, but I get so frustrated when I love a color and keep packing it on and still see almost nothing. Yesterday I experienced that with Wayward Son and Visions. To see them, I had to pack them on over primer and cream shadow, with foil me.

I think I'll give it one more month, and if I'm still feeling lackluster, I'll cancel. I needed a reason to cancel one, anyway (I'm really not supposed to have 4 subs, and I need to cut Birchbox after this month (need to use up my points) and one of the indies. I still like them, I'm just not sure it's meeting my color needs.

other than a few being sheer (and I think on purpose), I haven't experienced a lot of sheer items.  The true blood collection (other than the sookie shadow) was nice and pigmented to me, and other than choo choo for chucky, merry monsters was also pigmented.   I totally adored merry monsters collection (unlike the jem one).   I think it does go to our own personal preferences and skin tone too.

I don't know - maybe cause I have oily eyelids or something, it sticks better?   

I think Life's Entropy was planning to have a sub box but I don't know what happened to it.  This was mentioned way back when the store first opened, and I do remember seeing it listed on the site 1-2 months ago but I don't remember if it was actually up for purchase yet.

I'm really going back and forth on canceling. I love NM, but lately the shadows are not my favorite and I have WAY TOO much shadows. Like I really do not need anymore. I just am sticking out for an Addams Family theme, if they would have one, but I could be waiting forever. Plus, I could always order overstock.

I'll wait to see if some sneak peaks pop up before o get charged to make my decision. But I am really on the fence. Plus I started college again so my income is very limited and I just made a little sephora order. (I had to have that Too Faced soulmate blush. I am a HUGE Sex and the City fan, but then I just had to add other stuff to get free shipping) so spending money on shadows I may/may not use isn't very smart for my budget at the moment. Man, I just want all the pretties, but school says no. Plus, I am getting a black pug very soon, I have been dying for a black pug forever and the time finally came in which I could take care of it, so I am happy! And if not buying makeup to support that little fur nugget than its a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I feel ridiculous that my makeup addiction has came to the point where I have such a hard time parting with a sub. Like a colorful powder gets me so excited. Ridiculous. Haha.

I think Life's Entropy was planning to have a sub box but I don't know what happened to it.  This was mentioned way back when the store first opened, and I do remember seeing it listed on the site 1-2 months ago but I don't remember if it was actually up for purchase yet.
I bought the LE sub box.  Once.  Only once.  Never again.  It contained two full size glosses, one of which was exclusive to the sub.  Two sample sizes from the regular line and two eye shadows from the regular line.  If I remember right it was very close to the price of just buying things outright.  And for only one exclusive item, I just didn't think it was worth it.  Especially since if you were a regular customer you would run the risk of getting things you already owned.

I know this isn't like NM, but maybe since it's February, for VD it's handsome actors? Enticing Elba, Loving Leo, Romancing Ryan, Hot Times With Hiddleston?? I don't know what actors are considered attractive, especially for NM- I'd imagine it's more like Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, that creepy guy from 28 Days Later and Sunshine?? This doesn't match NM at all, but then again I didn't think Jem did, either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
And now we have the answer with spoiler number two:  Captivating Cumberbatch.  (28 Days Later creepy guy = Cillian Murphy?  He was also Dr. Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow in the Nolan Batman films, and he was in _Inception_.)  If they stick with British guys, I would not be surprised to see Handsome Hardy or Hiddleston (although "Handsome" doesn't quite fit with "Enticing" and "Captivating") or Tempting Tennant.

(I'm finding myself kind of disappointed in the heartthrob theme.  It's just not working for me for some reason.)

I bought the LE sub box.  Once.  Only once.  Never again.  It contained two full size glosses, one of which was exclusive to the sub.  Two sample sizes from the regular line and two eye shadows from the regular line.  If I remember right it was very close to the price of just buying things outright.  And for only one exclusive item, I just didn't think it was worth it.  Especially since if you were a regular customer you would run the risk of getting things you already owned.
I do rmb the description saying that the total value would be at least whatever the cost of the box was but it didn't seem like it would be more than the cost.

And back to NM VC stuff - I too will need to look into overstock if Cumberbatch and HIddles (Heartbreaker Hiddleston?) are involved 

I would LAUGH MY ASS OFF if it was Hank Hiddleston.

It would be appropriate, but it would be such a weird reference that I think there would probably only be about five subscribers who would really appreciate it.  Because I just find it difficult to believe that there is a significant portion of their customer base who are fans of both the Marvel film universe *and* classic country.

So I'm loving February's theme as well. Looks like two awesome months in a row for me! I would actually love a Cillian Murphy shadow, I'm loving him in Peeky Blinders!

@@MIKAGlam Lovin' the new avvie picture! So pretty! And yay for black pugs - they are adorable. An ex EX friend of mine (lots of bad blood there) had an adorable little black pug. I loved him!

As for the February VC - I love the theme I really do. And while I fully consider Idris Elba to be a handsome man, he isn't my type in a Valentine's-sexy-sweetheart kind of way. Cumberbatch has absolutely no appeal to me what so ever, I honestly don't get it.

Tom Hiddleston is slightly more appealing, but also not my type. If they are going with (supposedly) hot, quirky actors I am kind of more down with, say, Provocative (Chris) Pratt or such. :lol:

My taste is impeccable, why do you ask? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Shalott Did you see the Chris vs. Chris Super Bowl bet?  If the Patriots win, Pratt has to go to Christopher's Haven in Boston (a place for kids with cancer) in a Patriots jersey.  If the Seahawks win, Evans has to go to Seattle Children's Hospital in the full Captain America costume.  There's even a commemorative t-shirt -- proceeds go to both places -- that I ordered tonight:  Chris vs. Chris.  (I get a *lot* of t-shirts from Teefury.)  (And I vote that regardless of who wins, Evans goes to *both* places in costume.  *Everyone* wins with that move.)

@@Shalott Did you see the Chris vs. Chris Super Bowl bet?  If the Patriots win, Pratt has to go to Christopher's Haven in Boston (a place for kids with cancer) in a Patriots jersey.  If the Seahawks win, Evans has to go to Seattle Children's Hospital in the full Captain America costume.  There's even a commemorative t-shirt -- proceeds go to both places -- that I ordered tonight:  Chris vs. Chris.  (I get a *lot* of t-shirts from Teefury.)  (And I vote that regardless of who wins, Evans goes to *both* places in costume.  *Everyone* wins with that move.)
ROFL OMG NO. I love it. I love Chris Evans, too. As far as I am concerned, when it comes to Chris'es in Marvel films, Pratt, Evans, Hemsworth - all are a-okay with me! :luv:

ETA: I just realized I totally revealed my physical type - the fairly standard handsome man, ha ha. I can appreciate male beauty in many forms ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but when it comes to personal preference, well, light hair, light eyes, average to broad (but not bulky) build. :lol:

Back