November Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me too!!  this is my second month (2nd box) i LOVE it!! 
roflmao.gif
i cashed in on points already and made first purchase.. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Shara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but BB is AMAZING! After 2 months and spending $20, I have already gotten points good for $10 off just from rating the products that they send! 

I didnt get the bracelet, but my mom did, and she said it looked like something really cheap, definitely not the $20 they advertise it for.  I dont know if she out right hates it, but she did say how it seemed like a cheap piece of jewelry.

Originally Posted by thetalambda2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who didn't like this bracelet. I wouldn't pay dollar much less $50 for it.

Originally Posted by thetalambda2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who didn't like this bracelet. I wouldn't pay dollar much less $50 for it.

Is there anything you'd like to swap for yours? I wanted one so badly!

I just created an open trade thread for anyone who's interested:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/121990/birchbox-open-trade-thread#post_1807329

Please feel free to add your own trades — even if you aren't interested in trading with me! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mandy721 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm new to this forum now that the Discussions tab on Facebook no longer exists.  Is there a page dedicated to trading unwanted samples?  I have a couple from this month, as well as a few from previous months.  Thanks!

Ok, thanks for clarifying! Was there something specifically in that box that you wanted? Someone might be willing to trade.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed info@birchbox when I did not get the pink box upon entering my 2nd year. They told me the pink box was for yearly subscribers only.

I have been checking makeuptalk.com for months and looking at the Birchbox, Gogogirlfriend, and Test Tube beauty posts.  I subscribe to all 3, so I'm always looking to see what other people get, etc.  I have a year subscription to BB, I got in April as an "early Mother's Day gift".  My first couple of months were rockin, then it just went downhill out of nowhere, things got better last month, and then this month I got BB22.  The bracelet was a nice surprise, but it is kind of cheap looking (like something I would get at Dollar Jewelry Galore).  The other items are awesome.  As for GGG, I have been with them since August and I really think they are growing very fast, so I believe they are going through the growing pains that BB did for awhile.  BB has definitely bounced back, so I'm hopeful for GGG.  I get the QVC New Beauty Test Tube and I really love it.  I think it is a great value and a great all around selection of products.  I belong to a website called SheSpeaks they send various things to try out and you give them your input, etc (kind of like Influenster and Vocalpoint).  Well they just announced they are going to have a monthly subscription service, too.  It's supposed to incorporate beauty, food, and basic household stuff.  If anyone would like to sign up for information, here is the link: http://launch.cravebox.com/

Mod edit: Referral link deleted.

Hi! I'm new to makeuptalk.com. Quick question: I have been a BB member since November 2010. I haven't received it yet, but streamline says it's .8215lbs. What is going on? And why is the preview pink? I'm so confused. Thanks, CJ

Lucky you! You're getting the special box for yearly subscribers entering their second year. Congrats!

Originally Posted by CrabbyMrsJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! I'm new to makeuptalk.com. Quick question: I have been a BB member since November 2010. I haven't received it yet, but streamline says it's .8215lbs. What is going on? And why is the preview pink? I'm so confused. Thanks, CJ

Originally Posted by atrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alright, not sure if anyone has had this happen before, but I just moved and when I noticed they had sent the Birchbox to my mom's address, instead of my new address that I thought I had updated in time, I contacted them and they said they would just sent out a new box even though I thought they could just change the address mid-ship, so anyways they said it would get shipped out later in the month and I was just wondering when that would be around? And do they send out shipping notifications for the replacement boxes? But I guess I can't really complain if it takes a little longer since I am technically getting two boxes this month when I visit my mom's for thanksgiving, but just a little antsy for it. But thank you for any info you guys could give on the matter. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

had that happen to me with my first box, but it got shipped to my old job from which i got laid off so i thought they'll just send it back to where it came from. i contacted BB, got my replacement box only about 4 days later! super fast! 1 month later m old temp agency contacted me and said they have a parcel for me.. i was like.. wut.. so i came to get it (along with some other stuff i couldn't take because they just said i shouldn't come in to work anymore.. anyway...). i got a whole different box!!! i liked my replacement box, but it was my first one, so i couldn't really compare it to anything.

the original box i was supposed to get i liked a lot better! mostly because it included a zoya polish instead of skin care stuff i can't use and those stupid SPF towelettes i got... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol! enjoy your 2 boxes!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I'm flipping channels and saw a bracelet on QVC that reminded me of the bracelet in this month's BB.

ooooooo I really like the first one pictured! 

I really like our baublebar even though it's already lost a rhinestone from the center bead on me.  Those really are very similar.  I like the style of these types of bracelets.

I'm still waiting for my November BB. Washington State must be on another planet as far as streamlite is concerned. Seriously wondering if my box was lost.
plain.gif

I'm in WA as well, TacomaGirl - on the dry side, lol - got my box today. Where does the tracking show your box is at?

I agree that the quality of the bracelet wasn't what I was expecting, but I still think my mom would like it more than me.. she likes the baubly type bead bracelets. I'm really not into the izzy color but I LOVE the satin finish, totally not what i was expecting, cant wait to purchase Holly!

Back