November Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my yesterday.  I am on the east side of washington, wenatchee here.  that is weird you havent gotten yours.  I hope it comes in today or tomorrow.  

so I got this face mask in my birchbox.  I changed my profile information, because this is the second mask I have gotten for dry skin. I believe i have been getting these because I put i have sensitive skin.  I never marked i have dry skin.  So i left everything unchecked minus oily or acne prone.( dont remember the one)  I am hoping i will not get anymore mask for dry skin.  It does smell nice so that is a plus and a really good sample size. 1 fl oz.  I do like the coasters.  I think I may use them in my makeup collection, set things on for display or i may use them some other way.  The toothpaste, not real sure about that yet.  I have so many samples of toothpaste that it has gone in my sample drawer for use in the future or for christmas gifts. I make up my own birchbox for people at christmas. I got zoya nail polish in Noel. it looks like it is going to be a dark blue in color.  it is more like a dark teal.  it has bronze and silver mixed throughout.  it looks really nice. over all i really like my box.  I got birchbox 6 if that helps anyone.

I'm from Silverdale & I just got my birchbox yesterday. Hopefully you will receive it soon.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still waiting for my November BB. Washington State must be on another planet as far as streamlite is concerned. Seriously wondering if my box was lost.
plain.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in WA as well, TacomaGirl - on the dry side, lol - got my box today. Where does the tracking show your box is at?

It showed up in Fife on the 15th and thats the last update I have. If I don't get it by Monday I may have to send out an email. I've gotten them as late as the 23rd before, so who knows. As long as they didn't lose it, I'm all smiles.

I came home from work and my box was waiting for me. Squee! I really like my Bauble Bar bracelet. I was satisfied with the whole box really. I Redeemed my Birch Box points today for the LIV Green fragrance in Earth. Using my 6 mo. 20% off and my BB points made it much more affordable.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still waiting for my November BB. Washington State must be on another planet as far as streamlite is concerned. Seriously wondering if my box was lost.
plain.gif
OMG you're in Tacoma! I am there all the time. I moved across the Narrows bridge about 7 years ago, but I lived in Tacoma when my husband was stationed at Ft. Lewis.

And yeah, Streamlite takes forevah to get here. Same with MAC shipping.

Oh! And I also got the bracelet. Much better than the cheap as hell bracelet they sent out to everyone in the anniversary box.

I need to update my thoughts on the companies I subscribe to because I realized that while I may not like some of the items in my Birchbox sample boxes the fact is that I've basically made money off of Birchbox. How? By reviewing the products sent and referrals.

100 pts = $10 off. I've earned close to 900 pts in the last six months of being a member. That's $90 in Birchbox credits.

I've been a member since July 2011 and have paid $10 a month for a monthly box. Out of my own pocket I've paid $60 for my boxes.

Basically I've made $30 between reviews (10 pts per review of the items sent) plus 50 pts for each person who used the referral on my blog.

I can't say the same about GoGoGirlfriend, Eco-Emi or TestTube. While I'm still irritated about the Jouer lip conditioner (seriously, what was the point of that sample?) I still got 10 pts for reviewing it which added onto my Birchbox credits. Had I not used 500 pts on my husband's box I would have almost 900 credits to use on anything on their site. Once I hit 900 pts that $90 to use on anything on the site or hold on to it and let it accumulate even more.

There are TWO downsides though to the point system.

1. It expires. You have 364 days before your points expire. Example, the points I earned on July 28, 2011 would expire at the end of July 27, 2012.
  2. You have to use whole point amounts. I bought the $45 limited edition Birchbox Man for my hubby and used 500 pts on it. Had I known it would take all 500 pts I'd had added on the Lash Card which was $4.99 which would bring my total up to $49.99.

I'm tryin to get some referrals, just no luck yet! Let us know what you get in the Birchbox man, I wanted to get one for my hubby (well mostly for me LOL) but it was like $30 so I didn't. Too much to pay for something he really doesn't even want. But again, I'd love to see what you got in it!

I need to update my thoughts on the companies I subscribe to because I realized that while I may not like some of the items in my Birchbox sample boxes the fact is that I've basically made money off of Birchbox. How? By reviewing the products sent and referrals.

100 pts = $10 off. I've earned close to 900 pts in the last six months of being a member. That's $90 in Birchbox credits.

I've been a member since July 2011 and have paid $10 a month for a monthly box. Out of my own pocket I've paid $60 for my boxes.

Basically I've made $30 between reviews (10 pts per review of the items sent) plus 50 pts for each person who used the referral on my blog.

I can't say the same about GoGoGirlfriend, Eco-Emi or TestTube. While I'm still irritated about the Jouer lip conditioner (seriously, what was the point of that sample?) I still got 10 pts for reviewing it which added onto my Birchbox credits. Had I not used 500 pts on my husband's box I would have almost 900 credits to use on anything on their site. Once I hit 900 pts that $90 to use on anything on the site or hold on to it and let it accumulate even more.

1. It expires. You have 364 days before your points expire. Example, the points I earned on July 28, 2011 would expire at the end of July 27, 2012.
  2. You have to use whole point amounts. I bought the $45 limited edition Birchbox Man for my hubby and used 500 pts on it. Had I known it would take all 500 pts I'd had added on the Lash Card which was $4.99 which would bring my total up to $49.99.

The one thing about the Birchbox Man LE box that I thought made the box was the Skull Candy ear buds that retail for almost $70. My hubby loved his Skull Buds (all five pairs) until certain daughters kept borrowing his ear buds. lol Even at Target the inexpensive ones are still over $15 a pair.

These are some excellent points. I've never been drawn in by any type of point earning system because they all seemed overly complex and of little real value. However, I think that the Birchbox program is extremely generous. Their products can be pricey, but their business model makes them way more accessible/affordable. You also get points for purchases and there are often opportunities to earn bonus points — I've earn nearly 900 points since May. Yes, the subscription is $10 a month, but I really feel like I'm only spending about $5 on the box since I get essentially get $4-6 back for reviews.

In regards to the Jouer Lip Conditioner, I initially though it was rather small but 2 months later I'm still using it. Every time I use it, which is at least once a day, I think "this has got to be it", but there's always more. I've constantly been surprised how much use I get out of the Birchbox samples, but this one has really gone the distance!

I think this is one of the best parts about Birchbox! I just reached my first 100pts since I am a fairly new subscriber, and I used the $10 to put towards the full size Orofluido Elixir I tried out during my October box. With the free shipping that they offer, I only ended up paying $13 for a HUGE full size product that I absolutely love! (If any of you are thinking about buying this full size product, you get SO MUCH for your money. This bottle will last me a great while.)

While Birchbox may be hit or miss some months, I am always pretty satisfied with what I receive and I can't argue with the incentives that they offer their members. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The hair elixer is pretty nice. It's a serum, I rub some between my palms and massage it into the length of my towel-dried hair. It makes it nice and smooth, but it's not much different than any of my cheaper drugstore hair serums.

Like she said above, it's a simple oil serum that I rub into my towel-dried hair right before I blow dry it. If you are interested in how it works for my hair overall, this product is AMAZING in my opinion. I have very oily hair as it is so I was very hesitant about using it at first, but my hair feels amazing after I use it and it makes it look shiny, smooth and not at all greasy! I have really damaged hair also from coloring and highlighting it for years, to the point where it was hard to get a brush through it (so bad, I know), but this product has really done wonders for restoring my hair and making it look healthy again. It shines and I can run my fingers right through it. It looks healthier than it has in YEARS.

I decided to buy the full size product before I was even halfway done with the sample size I received in my Birchbox. I noticed a change right away and this has become one of my HG hair products. Highly recommend it!

Quote: Antonella: Can u please tell me how the orofluido hair elixer works for you

I have fine hair so I use Orofluido sparingly. I put a little bit on my finger tips and finger comb the ends of towel dried hair. After that I section my hair and blow dry with a rounded brush. Orofluido really keeps my ends from frizzing and smells amazing. It's pretty viscous stuff. I'm about a fourth of the way through my sample bottle and I've used it almost every day since it came in my box last month. I think the longevity of the product will outweigh the high sticker price.

i felt the same way...   most of the time points programs were way too complicated or not worth it ($ wise) in the end..  2 months into birchbox and i already redeemed points for product...  plus i love my birchboxes so far...  im very pleased so far... 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are some excellent points. I've never been drawn in by any type of point earning system because they all seemed overly complex and of little real value. However, I think that the Birchbox program is extremely generous. Their products can be pricey, but their business model makes them way more accessible/affordable. You also get points for purchases and there are often opportunities to earn bonus points — I've earn nearly 900 points since May. Yes, the subscription is $10 a month, but I really feel like I'm only spending about $5 on the box since I get essentially get $4-6 back for reviews.

In regards to the Jouer Lip Conditioner, I initially though it was rather small but 2 months later I'm still using it. Every time I use it, which is at least once a day, I think "this has got to be it", but there's always more. I've constantly been surprised how much use I get out of the Birchbox samples, but this one has really gone the distance!

it bugs me that i can't even out the amount of points, so  if i order i lose 20 points :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> right now i have 220 pts, with the next box i'll be up to 270, and then if i wait another month i'll have 320 (assuming it's 5 products you get to review, i think until now i only had one month with 4 review-able products). gahhhhhhhh. i don't like that! > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh, btw: remember the jurlique sanitizer from a few months ago? so it at TJ maxx for $3.50 this weekend. haha.

What do you mean you would lose 20 points?  What they do is use every 100 points, so if you order something that is 25 dollars say, they will take out 200 points, and (you said you have 220 points) they will leave the extra 20.  If you spent something that is only 17, they will still take out 200 because they only use every 100, not 10's.  So you will keep the extra points past the hundreds. 

Hope that helps some.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it bugs me that i can't even out the amount of points, so  if i order i lose 20 points :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> right now i have 220 pts, with the next box i'll be up to 270, and then if i wait another month i'll have 320 (assuming it's 5 products you get to review, i think until now i only had one month with 4 review-able products). gahhhhhhhh. i don't like that! > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh, btw: remember the jurlique sanitizer from a few months ago? so it at TJ maxx for $3.50 this weekend. haha.

Back