NYX Cosmetics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love their eye shadows, but I think their round lipsticks are a hit or miss and I'm not talking about how hard it is to choose color from their site, I'm talking about their consistency...

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NYX is a staple in my makeup routine. The lipsticks are a must have for me and the lip glosses also. The single eye shadows are wonderful and the runway palettes are well put together and perfect for traveling. NYX lip liners are the only brand of lip liners that I purchase. I have liked everything that I have tried from NYX.

jazz,

wat colours do you own and like, I am thinking of trying them out.  thanks

Depends on the product - their Pearl Mania pigments are amazing but their lipsticks have no staying power on me and their blushes no pigmentation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love NYX it's such good quality for the price. They are definitely one of my fave brands, but the brand is just hard to come by.

I desperately want to try out NYX, but I don't wanna buy it online first. I've recently discovered an Ulta in my town, so I'll probably go there this weekend to check out the NYX products. Thanks for the tips!

Love NYX, especially eyeshadows, jumbo pencils, some lipsticks, and definitely their blushes. Sometimes their eyeshadows can be hit/miss, at least for me it is. I think I bought one of the Caribbean palettes and I the colors weren't all that great.

I have almost everything (I'm a freelance MUA) and out of everything the products I consistently use are the Jumbo Eye & Lip Pencils, 10-Color Palettes, Single Eye Shadows, Eyelashes, Powder & Cream Blushes, Black Label Lipstick, and the Highlight & Contour liquids.

I ordered the entire HD line about 3 weeks ago and have been playing around with those. GREAT products. Highly recommend them if you haven't tried them already!

I bought some lipsticks and a couple jumbo pencils and I love them! And NYX is ridiculously cheap for the quality!

NYX is not available around me. I finally broke down and ordered some NYX from Amazon though. I hope they are as awesome as I think they'll be. I ordered some loose pearl pigments and it will be my first time trying NYX

My new fave item from them is their lipliners. The lipsticks are good too.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NYX is a staple in my makeup routine. The lipsticks are a must have for me and the lip glosses also. The single eye shadows are wonderful and the runway palettes are well put together and perfect for traveling. NYX lip liners are the only brand of lip liners that I purchase. I have liked everything that I have tried from NYX.
jazz,

wat colours do you own and like, I am thinking of trying them out.  thanks

I wish I had seen this earlier. I could have included some stuff in my package to you :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope you like them katana! I've never tried those before, but I really like their...

single shadows (trio's are okay I always grab my singles first though...I feel like the singles pick up color easier too -- used every day)

jumbo eye shadow pencils (I think I've written before I use the dark brown to fill in my brows -- other colors are used occasionally)

round lipsticks (moisturizing! my lips tend to peel like crazy on a lot of lip products and these don't do that)

megashine lip glosses (not sticky -- my hair doesn't stick to my mouth with this like with some others)

mosaic blushes (highlight is my main highlighter, and i think I own like half of the others too -- used almost every day)

I also use their jar concealer.

yah, I like this brand. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For anybody who doesn't have NYX in a store near them, I've bought most of mine from online.  Nyxcosmetics.com (their official site) will occasionally have batch sales at ridiculous prices (basically too many items in a set for a super deep discount, close to $1-2 an item sometimes!) cherryculture.com tends to have sitewide discount sales a lot (and their prices are cheaper than stores) with free shipping over $40.  nonpareilboutique.com has prices comparable to cherryculture and also sometimes has sitewide discount sales too.

(Just listing places I've purchased from before, they had pretty good shipping times -- usually I got my items around the typical week mark)

Actually I just checked both sites, and they're both having valentine's day sales of 20% off the entire site.

I can't wait to get them, and try them.

I will swatch them all, when I get a chance.

I bought my products through amazon.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't wait to get them, and try them.

I will swatch them all, when I get a chance.

I bought my products through amazon.

I'm about to do this as well.  I have a $50 Amazon gift card and was just going to order a bunch of their eye shadow palettes to replace my stock.

their jumbo eye pencils are nice, but I'm a little disappointed with their round lipsticks. I bought like six of them, and although the color payoff is excellent, it makes all the cracks in my lips super noticeable--plus, they smear off in a heartbeat. they almost feel like butter--super soft, moisturizing, but a little messy and doesn't stay on long.

I bought them at beautyjoint.com. same prices as cherryculture, but cherryculture had a bunch of the popular items OOS (circe, thalia, etc). shipping is pretty cheap, and I think there are some 5% off coupons circulating around. one thing though--I think a lot of their inventory is kind of old--I bought some seche vite from them and the black from the handle was chipping :/

I guess I'm still kind of pissed off about that fake bait and switch anniversary sale they had. So I haven't been buying from them since then, although I am interested in those new liquid lipsticks and might break my "boycott" if I ever get over to Ulta and see them there.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I'm still kind of pissed off about that fake bait and switch anniversary sale they had. So I haven't been buying from them since then, although I am interested in those new liquid lipsticks and might break my "boycott" if I ever get over to Ulta and see them there.

I'm so glad you brought this up! I broke my "boycott" and bought 2 lipsticks by them b/c they were the only ones to carry the shade I was looking for. Doubt I would buy much more though unless they wanna take another try at that sale again and actually go through with it!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, what "fake bait and switch"? I'd be interested in learning about that, please?

And I just bought two Nyx lipsticks from Ulta today. They have a good feel....so I'm on the fence about their products right now.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, what "fake bait and switch"? I'd be interested in learning about that, please?

And I just bought two Nyx lipsticks from Ulta today. They have a good feel....so I'm on the fence about their products right now.
I've not heard of it either so Id like to learn about it.

I've picked up two of their eyeliners (Navy Blue and Purple) and I have to say, I really like how creamy they are. I should do a swatch one of these days.

I did a bit of googling. Looks like they promised that all products via the website would be $1.20 for a day--then removed most of the newer products. Then, of course, the server crashed, so people couldn't place their orders, so they sent out 50% off codes, which didn't work for a lot of folks.

Is that about the way it went?

I never recieved a 50% off code. Though recalling what happened, that sounds about right. Though miraculously, after the sale was "over" with, the servers worked just fine, a nd they would no longer honor the sale.

Back