NYX Cosmetics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a growing collection, 90% of which I've bought online; no one nears me sells it, besides sometimes kits popping up in tjmaxx. One time I found the 78 color palette in there! I love that. Do not ever trust the official swatches, they are so off it's not even funny.

I have:

mega shine lip glosses

(Beautiful, Tea Rose, Nude Peach)

These have a STRONG cherry-medicine scent. I can personally deal with it but I know a lot that can't! Beautiful and Tea Rose are very nice, but Nude Peach is weird. It's very opaque, but it's like a barbie milky pink, not peach! I can't wear it.

round lipsticks

(Pumpkin Pie, Indian Pink, Vitamin, Tea Rose, Doll, Stella)

The formula on these are okay, nothing spectacular but for the price I do like them. They are creamy and feel pretty nice on the lips, no scent for me. For reference I am 'light' with heavy yellow undertones, and fairly pigmented lips. Pumpkin Pie is ... not reflective of it's name! It's actually a pinky color. I think it is one of the only 'nude' colors I have ever purchased that I can wear. It's very soft and pretty. Indian Pink is another good one but I have to dab it on; it's pink with gold shimmer/sheen. I can't put too much on or it looks weird. Vitamin is lighter than Indian Pink and I would say it's an orangey pink; it's a favorite of mine! It is a little frosty, but not unwearably so. Tea Rose is pretty much the exact color of my lips, so I never use this one. Doll, I do not like; the online swatches were way off for me... it's MUCH darker. Stella is completely unwearable for me. It is a very bright, yellow based pink that makes my face.. look yellow. But it's so pretty, if you have the right complexion for it.

diamond sparkle lipsticks

(Sparkling dusty rose & apricot)

Apricot is the winner for me out of these two, but both are nice. They are pretty frosty, on me that's more noticeable in the dusty rose color. Both are very pretty. But yes, lot's of shimmer/frost.

round lip glosses

(Strawberry & Apricot)

These are really cheap and I like both a lot! Apricot is my favorite of the two.

regular powder blushes

(Angel, Pinched, Rose Garden)

These last a good amount of time for me and I like all of the colors. I do not find online swatches on Angel is be accurate. To me, it is much more brown, and wasn't what I expected when I got it; I like it though, it is a light pinky brown. Pinched is a pinky peach with gold sheen. Rose garden is a light pink with a little gold. After getting Taupe, I probably won't get more of these however; I find the Elf ones to be just as good (Studio line!), and even cheaper.

stick blush

(Orchid)

Pinky coral with gold shimmer, I like this a lot.

single eyeshadows

(Copper, Rust, Flamingo)

Everyone raves about these! I agree with the raves, these are great. Copper is...coppery, rust is a dark cranberry, and flamingo is hard to explain.

girls nail polish

(Chick Lit)

Nice formula, lovely summer color. Coral with gold shimmer.

butter gloss

(Strawberry Shortcake)

This is orange. It smells like cake batter (Like it), and it feels nice on the lips. I admit to not wearing it out yet; I'm scared! It's orange! BUT I like it when I put it on by myself xD

Jumbo Eye Pencils

(Yogurt, Strawberry)

Creamy and good bases. I want Milk, but for some reason I never buy it... yogurt is a soft gold, strawberry is a pink.

matte bronzer

I bought this for contouring and it's not really the right shade for me. 

78 color eyeshadow palette

I found this at Tjmaxx for $12, and I love it. Not quiet as good as the eyeshadow singles, but very nice.

Had but got rid of the Haute Jersey palette. I didn't like the pigmentation in this AT ALL. Nothing like.. everything else I've tried!

I JUST placed another order from Cherry Culture with their 40% off Nyx sale too so I'm waiting on:

Girls Polish in Dynamic Glitter Rouge Cream Blush in Glow  Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic Powder Blush in Taupe (Trying for contouring) Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp   Yay!

I only have a few NYX products, but overall I have not been impressed with them.  I feel like there must be something wrong with me because everyone else raves about NYX,  This is what I have/had:

Glitter Eye Shadow Pallet - Got this as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and it was terrible  When I first saw it I thought, "This looks awesome!" but when I tried to use it the product was completely dried up to the point where I couldn't even get any product out of the pans and on to my brush.  Then my friend and I were shopping in Ulta when we saw another girl who said she got one too that was bad and unusable.

Jumbo Eye Pencil - I got this in a gorgeous shade from Ulta, when I tried to use it the product was dry and tugged on my lids.

Blush - This was more of an issue with a swatch on Ulta's website, I ordered the shade Peach, which did look peach colored from the swatch but when it arrived it was bright shocking pink and had nothing peach about it!  That's just not a color I personally wear.

Round Case Lipsticks - I have 4 of these; Louisiana, Margarita, Watermelon, and Narcissa.  These are winners for me.  They are well pigmented and long lasting.  There is also a vast range of colors and I will continue to buy more.

I tossed the first 3 products, and love the 4th.  Am I missing something here with NYX?  Am I not getting the right stuff?  I see people seem to love their shadow singles so I suppose I could try one of those out and see how it goes.

I picked up a bunch of their Dramatic Chromatic pigments, both of the shadow primers, a couple of brushes, & the 112 color Box of Eyeshadow palette on Hautelook a long time ago. I love their eye makeup!

There's a seller on Ebay who sells the round lipsticks for about 6/$14.  I now own WAY too many! =)  Seems I'm buying 6 more every week or two - I adore them!  My very faves so far are B52 & Doll.  I also love Gardenia, Tea Rose, Hermes, Haute Melon, and Femme.  I have several reds upstairs, to find my perfect, but I've not worn red to try them yet.  (They just came in last week.)  I think it'll be between Eros and Fire.  Also have a bunch of the dark berries and burgandies, but those'll be more for winter. 
brrrr.gif

I own two of their powder blushes - cinnamon and red.  Not colors I wear often, but when I want a screaming ORANGE or bright RED, they're great.  Bought a dozen of their lip pencils on Amazon for 6/$10, and have several jumbo lip pencils.  I've got a few jumbo eye pencils, but I'm not really a creamy eye shadow person, so I'm not all that crazy about them.  And I also have several round lip glosses; doll pink (hate it), apricot (LOVE), pink natural (LIKE) and peach.

Needless to say, I'm a fan!

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew or noticed there seems to be two versions of the single eyeshadow morocco. I understand lighting can change things but I thought mine was a brown (actually has more dimension like the hand swatch below) but I see tons of swatches of this crazy blue purple color. Mine is more like the first two pics here

I just got the Matte Lipstick in Angel and I'm in love.  I have a crazy collection of Nyx lipsticks but this is the first matte lipstick I have ever bought.  Also, Ulta.com has some Nyx lip colors (on the round case lipsticks) marked down to $1.99!!! You have to click through the colors and check the price but it's a great way to stock up!

Nyx Lipstick Collection:

Fig

Heather

Angel (Matte)

Pumpkin Pie <3

Miracle

Papparazzi Papparazzi

...more to come!

i love nyx as well. my favorite things are the super skinny eyeliner maker that goes on like liquid, best thing for liquid look! i also really like the champagne and caviar palette for natural looks.  i hardly use it because i have bought way too much lip products, but the matte lip creams are great too.  single eyeshadows great too!   by the way, does anyone know how long it typically takes cherry culture to restock? i am trying to buy several more runway palettes and they are out of stock; cherryculture has the best prices, but i'd really like to get a hold of more palettes. should i wait to see if they restock or try ebay or another retailer? what other sites have good deasl? ebay seems to be fair.

The only thing I "hate" about NYX is that my local ULTA doesn't carry the full line. LOL There are so many things I want but ULTA doesn't carry in the stores. I'm cheap! I don't want to pay shipping! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The only thing I "hate" about NYX is that my local ULTA doesn't carry the full line. LOL There are so many things I want but ULTA doesn't carry in the stores. I'm cheap! I don't want to pay shipping! LOL
What I hate about NYX at my Ulta is that the packaging isn't secure enough. More than half of the products have been swatched. Idk why they need to open a new one like that when someone's already opened one. I bought an eyeliner cream, and I returned it after opening the jar at home and seeing someone had jammed their finger in it. Usually all the eyeliners, eye shadow stick so basically almost everything looks like it's been used. It's disgusting.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What I hate about NYX at my Ulta is that the packaging isn't secure enough. More than half of the products have been swatched. Idk why they need to open a new one like that when someone's already opened one. I bought an eyeliner cream, and I returned it after opening the jar at home and seeing someone had jammed their finger in it. Usually all the eyeliners, eye shadow stick so basically almost everything looks like it's been used. It's disgusting.
The NYX at my Ulta is a total mess. They are out of stock of about half of the stuff, and some of what they do have is broken or has been swatched.  The last time I went, they didn't have ANY single eyeshadows at all. They were all completely gone. I love the brand, but I wish they were sold other places around me besides Ulta!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The NYX at my Ulta is a total mess. They are out of stock of about half of the stuff, and some of what they do have is broken or has been swatched.  The last time I went, they didn't have ANY single eyeshadows at all. They were all completely gone. I love the brand, but I wish they were sold other places around me besides Ulta!
The Targets close to me have started selling NYX, and they don't look like there's been a swatch fest.

I'm really diggin' their Wonder Pencil. Great for highlighting the cupid's bow, under brow, inner corner, lining the water line if you need a quick pick me up (it's nude and non shimmery). It says it's good for spot treating, but I find that i use it as a matte highlight and if I try to cover as spot, I just draw attention to it. Maybe it would be good for covering blemishes if I went a shade darker (I purchased it in Light). It blends really easily which I like. I was afraid it would be too dry and hard to blend, but it's not. 

P.S. - I really like their shadows too, but find some of the lighter matte shades to be a bit chalky. Maybe it's just me. I do, however, constantly purchase True Taupe. It's perfect for contouring the face (not too dark and it's matte!) and great for the crease. Glad it's so affordable bc I replenish it regularly. 

I also agree with most on here, my Target carries NYX (albeit a much smaller selection) and it's a lot less messy than ULTA. I wish they had the Wonder Pencil at Target, then I could get the items I purchase regularly at one spot. Sadly, my Target doesn't have it. 

Quote: Originally Posted by girlythingsbye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm really diggin' their Wonder Pencil. Great for highlighting the cupid's bow, under brow, inner corner, lining the water line if you need a quick pick me up (it's nude and non shimmery). It says it's good for spot treating, but I find that i use it as a matte highlight and if I try to cover as spot, I just draw attention to it. Maybe it would be good for covering blemishes if I went a shade darker (I purchased it in Light). It blends really easily which I like. I was afraid it would be too dry and hard to blend, but it's not. 

I love their Wonder Pencil as well! I don't know if you've used it this way, but I think it works pretty well for under eye dark spots/circles. That's what I mainly use mine for and it's great! :) I will admit, it doesn't cover redness that well, but that's ok since I use concealer anyway.

I love their Wonder Pencil as well! I don't know if you've used it this way, but I think it works pretty well for under eye dark spots/circles. That's what I mainly use mine for and it's great! :) I will admit, it doesn't cover redness that well, but that's ok since I use concealer anyway.
Thanks. Gonna try it. I don't usually get dark circles but sometimes I can use a little brightening. If I keep finding uses for it, I'm gonna need to buy them two at a time! Hahaha!

eye candy divas on eBay has great pricing on NYX products and she ships fast! Have almost all the blushes and 30 lip liners from them.

I love Nyx cosmetics! I am currently stocking up on lipsticks, lip liners, and eye shadows, but I'm also trying their Matte Finish Fini Mat spray and teeth brightening gloss. Yes, you can find Nyx at Ulta which is usually better because they have a wider selection, but you can also find Nyx at your local beauty supply. I like Nyx for a the main reason that you can dupe or copy the higher end lipstick colors without going broke.

Back