NYX Cosmetics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never recieved a 50% off code. Though recalling what happened, that sounds about right. Though miraculously, after the sale was "over" with, the servers worked just fine, a nd they would no longer honor the sale.
Wow...that is pretty suspect. :/

I use the Pearl loose shadows allot... I've swatched their pressed shadows and were impressed...

I use their round lipsticks all the time and love them... I also really like their glitters

I HATE the black bean eye pencil....Its greasy and makes a mess even using it as a base...I returned the entire blush set I bought because it was shimmery when it did not look shimmery in the packing... I no longer buy glitter liners, had two necks break on me within a week of purchase...

I started with makeup recently and I mostly have NYX products! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought everything from cherryculture.com (which ships international! yay) And I'm really happy about everything.

I made a video not long ago about what I bought here. I love everything but my top picks are the nude on nude palette, the slide on liners, and the lipstick. 

NYX really have fun products with good colour pay off, and fun colours! The quality is really nice :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by vsgirlfidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how's the staying power for nyx lipsticks and lipliners?

I put the red (eros) on with no liner in the morning and run around all day and don't have any problem with it coming off... I can go eat and run around town for 4/5 hours without reapplying

are you talking about the round lipsticks? I think the ones I bought were like suuper old or something, the formula just seems a little off. I bought them from beautyjoint, and like I said on the seche vite I bought from them the plastic was flaking off :/

Originally Posted by PiggyDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put the red (eros) on with no liner in the morning and run around all day and don't have any problem with it coming off... I can go eat and run around town for 4/5 hours without reapplying

I love the single eyeshadows. I really like doing a smokey eye using Morocco on my lid and Violet above my crease. Looks fan-friggin-tastic. 

I want to try the lipglosses...What do we think of those?

I love NYX, I love their eyeshadows and the 10-eyeshadow palettes. I also love their jumbo eye pencil's for eyeshadow bases :)

I love my NYX eyeshadows. I have few of the single eyeshadows which I've depotted and the Sexy Blue Eyes palette. I just picked up some pigments and I can't wait to experiment with them.  I've tried some of the lipsticks. For the price, they're pretty good but not my favorite. 

I just have the three eye shadow bases white, white with pearl, skin tone. I'm not much a fan of the white with pearl. 

I'd like to eventually try out the eye shadows but I want to focus on using the other eye shadows I own already. 

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

are you talking about the round lipsticks? I think the ones I bought were like suuper old or something, the formula just seems a little off. I bought them from beautyjoint, and like I said on the seche vite I bought from them the plastic was flaking off :/

Yes the round lipsticks...

The ones from ulta are creamy like a lipgloss and fabulous

Ooh I love NYX! I have four of the jumbo eye pencils; Milk, Cottage Cheese, French Fries & Pure Gold I've also got a few of the single eyeshadows and one of the trio palettes. I'd like to try some lip products of theirs.

I picked up a couple of their Xtreme Lip creams last week and got a roll on shimmer in this month's MyGlam which I am really loving. Added these to the purple and blue eye liners I have already. I'm loving all of them!

I have four NYX products. I bought from ULTA two jumbo pencils, got a shimmer from MyGlam (in my unopened Feb bag) and a lip gloss from MyGlam (December bag).

Hey, I'm new to this site. Just trying to get a feel for it. 

I use NYX and LOVE them. I recently reviewed their HD Photogenic Primer, and it is the best primer I have used so far.

I love their terracota blush too. 

x

edit: no blog links, please -kawaiimeows

Yes

I did a bit of googling. Looks like they promised that all products via the website would be $1.20 for a day--then removed most of the newer products. Then, of course, the server crashed, so people couldn't place their orders, so they sent out 50% off codes, which didn't work for a lot of folks. Is that about the way it went?
Yes, I spent the whole day that day trying to load a website. I was literally glued to the screen for like 5 hours refreshing the page and reading NYXes' promises on fb that they were fixings the issue. Of course I didn't get to order. It was a total waste of time on precious Sunday.

If you like them should check out the sale on cherryculture.com. 40% off all NYX 

Bria

One thing I love about NYX - if you go to their company site and hover over a color swatch, they tell you what the color is.  Not just the name, I mean; it describes the color for you.  For instance, it describes the round stick lipstick shade Gala as a "Soft blue-toned pink (pearl)".  I am hideous at looking at a swatch and knowing whether I see pink or orange, and I like creams and satins but not frosts and pearls, so I really appreciate that lots.  That actually encourages me to choose their brand over others quite often.

Back