***Official 2008/2009 NHL Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get free tix randomly from the company my father in law works for but only 2 at a time so the hubby goes with his father or brother. That way they get quality time
smile.gif
But if the Flyers were playing I'd be like . . . screw family time!!!!

Ok, time for me to rant. I pay 30$ a month for all the special sports channels so I can see the Flyers games. Without it I'd never get to see any unless they were playing a canadian team and ever then it's not a sure thing . . . we wanted to watch the Habs/Flyers game at my in laws last night and it wasn't on regular cable so we had to watch it at home.

Now I'm home after a long day at work, I turn on the TV and do I see the Flyers/Pens game? NO!
3.gif
WTFingF! I want my money back
idiot.gif

Awwww Kee!! Btw. Penguins 2. Flyers ZIPpO with 1 minute left in the 2nd period!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hahaha. You wish!! Hey what's with all the Finnish players on the Flyers team?? Sounds like were playing in Helsinki!!

Flyers have:

Forwards

12 Canadians

1 American

Defensemen

4 Canadians

2 Americans

3 Fins

1 Italian

Goalies

1 Canadian

1 Fin

So . . . 17 Canadians, 3 Americans, 4 Fins and 1 Italian
smile.gif

2 - 2. Were going to OT!!!

I have no clue what the Penns have.. They have Crosby!!
biggrin.gif

Italians play ice hockey??

And the crowd goes wild as Paqual Dupre scores with seconds left in OT!! Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!

Yeah it was!! Is that a new goalie for Philly? Never heard of him before...

lol no Niittymaki was there before Marty Biron! He took over starting goalie from Esche actually. But then FLyers got Biron and kind went with that . . .

Guess I don't pay much attention to the East Coast of PA!! I was trying to figure out who some of the Penguins were tonight!! lol

I have some sad news to share:

Friends, family and thousands of fans paid their last respects Wednesday to Alexei Cherepanov, the 19-year-old rising hockey star and a first-round draft pick for the New York Rangers, who died after suffering heart problems during a game outside Moscow. The cause of his death was still under investigation, federal investigators said Wednesday.

Meanwhile, lawmaker Pavel Krasheninnikov, who sits on the Russian Hockey Federation's supervisory council, has accused emergency workers of taking too long to respond to the call. He also complained there was no ambulance on standby for the game and no defibrillator.

The manager and medical staff of Avangard as well as staff at the Vityaz arena, were all questioned where Monday's game was played.

Source:

Thousands pay their respects to Cherepanov at funeral

My hope is that better medical equipment and medical staff will be available for all future events.

Yea there's a thread about it here, I posted it as soon as I heard the news. It's very sad
frown.gif
My heart goes out to his family and team
frown.gif

Stats as of today... Penguins play the Caps tonight!!

Team W L T P

nyr 5 1 0 10

sjs 4 0 0 8

mtl 3 0 1 7

buf 3 0 0 6

pit 2 1 1 5

min 2 0 0 4

det 2 1 0 4

nsh 2 2 0 4

stl 2 1 0 4

edm 2 0 0 4

njd 2 1 0 4

van 2 1 0 4

phx 2 1 0 4

wsh 2 1 0 4

car 2 1 0 4

chi 1 2 1 3

dal 1 1 1 3

bos 1 1 1 3

ott 1 1 1 3

cgy 1 1 1 3

tor 1 1 1 3

atl 1 1 1 3

lak 1 2 0 2

cbj 1 2 0 2

fla 1 1 0 2

nyi 1 2 0 2

phi 0 2 1 1

tbl 0 2 1 1

ana 0 4 0 0

col 0 3 0 0

Hahahaha. Everyone is smoking Colorado!!

Tonight's schedule - NJ at Atlanta, Caps at Pitt, NYI at Tampa, Min at Florida, Vancouver at Detroit, Stars visit the Blues and Philly at Colorado

Hockey Night in Canada has a new theme song - it was unveiled last Saturday with mixed reviews.

The original song was purchased by CTV and will be played during NHL broadcasts on TSN and RDS.

CTV will also air the song as part of its hockey coverage during the 2010 Olympic winter games.

Source - CTV.ca | CTV acquires rights to hockey theme song

So much for na na na na na naaaaaaa, na na na na na naaaaaaa, na na na naaa na na na naaa na na na naaaaaa....

Thank gawd for TSN - I'll always have this song in my heart - and head lol

Back