Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all this Lush talk I may go in and stock up and some things this weekend! So addicting lol.

Hi everyone!
My favourite LUSH products in all times are

NEW! bar shampoo

Jumping Juniper bar shampoo

Seanic bar shampoo

Ultimate Shine bar shampoo

Reincarnate solid shampoo

Syntia Sylvia Stout shampoo

Daddy O shampoo

American Cream conditioner

Aqua Mirabilis body scrub butter

Heavanilli massage bar

Therapy massage bar

Creamy Candy bubble bar

MA bar

Marzibain bubble bar

I wrote american names of the Lush products,because in UA they're different.

I'm a huge fan of LUSH more than 5 years.

I'm a HUGE LUSH fan.

My can't live withouts are:

R&B Hair treatment

Trichomania

Retread

Jungle

Soap of Sultana

Love:

Tea Tree Water

Eau Roma

Mask of Magniminty

Rub, Rub, Rub

17 Cherry Tree Lane

Dorothy Bubble Bar

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a HUGE LUSH fan.

My can't live withouts are:

R&B Hair treatment

Trichomania

Retread

Jungle

Soap of Sultana

Love:

Tea Tree Water

Eau Roma

Mask of Magnaminty

Rub, Rub, Rub

17 Cherry Tree Lane

Dorothy Bubble Bar
Trichomania is supposed to detangle hair.  Did that work for you?  I have thick hair and I didn't want to buy it and be disappointed:)

Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Trichomania is supposed to detangle hair.  Did that work for you?  I have thick hair and I didn't want to buy it and be disappointed:)
I don't know if it detangles but it's the best shampoo for me. It makes my thick, coarse, dark hair shiny and that's hard to do. It feels very moisturizing to me.

Ok, I've heard nothing but excellent things about Lush. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an actual store, so anything I purchase would have to be done online. What would you guys recommend as a good introduction to Lush?

My favorites are Karma perfume, Karma Kream, and the green bath bombs, I think they're called Avobomb. I went last night and stocked up at our brand-new, beautiful Buffalo store. Excuse my raving, I just feel like a little touch of class has settled into my hometown! I also got the mother of all lip stains. They have these lip tints in little tins and I got the bright, in-your-face red one. Not only does it smell delightful, the color wears like iron! It's a stain in the real sense of the word--my lips look like stained glass, like they were just naturally vivid, cherry red. I'm going to the mall later in the week (L'Occitane is giving away free goodies and I want in on that) and re-stock a metric ton of those green fizzies.

Ladygrey, you cannot go wrong with some bath bombs. They have these baseball-sized fizzers you plop into your tub and it bubbles right up, turning your water delightful colors and scenting deliciously. Also Dream Cream and Karma Kream, rich body creams in a tub with the consistency somewhere between lotion and Body Shop Body Butter. Don't be put off by the $28 price tag. The body creams are very concentrated, a little goes a long way both with scent and application. Karma is my favorite scent from Lush, an orange-patchouli mix that is rich without being cloying. I haven't tried the shampoo bars, but they're highly recommended and I'll be getting me some later in the week.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ladygrey, you cannot go wrong with some bath bombs. They have these baseball-sized fizzers you plop into your tub and it bubbles right up, turning your water delightful colors and scenting deliciously. Also Dream Cream and Karma Kream, rich body creams in a tub with the consistency somewhere between lotion and Body Shop Body Butter. Don't be put off by the $28 price tag. The body creams are very concentrated, a little goes a long way both with scent and application. Karma is my favorite scent from Lush, an orange-patchouli mix that is rich without being cloying. I haven't tried the shampoo bars, but they're highly recommended and I'll be getting me some later in the week.
Thanks! I have some of the Karma items in my cart, so I think I may start there. 

Just a hint, it's MUCH cheaper ordering from LUSH's UK site. The prices are much cheaper and even with the horrible euro to dollar conversion and shipping it's still cheaper! I buy all my hair items in the UK store and it's exactly half of what I would pay in the US. It's good if you have quite a few things to buy. It usually takes about 8-10 days for me to get a LUSH UK order.

Here's an example:

My usual purchase through the US site:

Retread

R&B

Jungle

Trichomania

With shipping is $72.80

Same order through the UK site is 29.24 euros including shipping. Which converts today to $36.95!!!!

SAME EXACT ORDER. Cheaper even with shipping.

Here's an example:

My usual purchase through the US site:

Retread

R&B

Jungle

Trichomania

With shipping is $72.80

Same order through the UK site is 29.24 euros including shipping. Which converts today to $36.95!!!!

SAME EXACT ORDER. Cheaper even with shipping.
I just ordered through the UK site. it was SO much cheaper than the US one! Craziness!

I got:

Flying Fox shower gel

It's Raining Men Shower gel

Karma soap

Tea tree toner

Grand total: GBP 19.66 which is about $30 US, shipping included. It would have cost me $50, shipping included to buy it from the US site for the same exact items.

If anyone likes the Gorgeous moisturizer it's WAY cheaper from the UK. Like half as much as the US. It's around $47 depending on the conversion rate where it's $89.95 in the US. I love Gorgeous but no way I can afford almost a $100 with shipping for a moisturizer!

Great haul LadyGrey!!! Tea Tree Water is one of my favorites.

If anyone likes the Gorgeous moisturizer it's WAY cheaper from the UK. Like half as much as the US. It's around $47 depending on the conversion rate where it's $89.95 in the US. I love Gorgeous but no way I can afford almost a $100 with shipping for a moisturizer!

Great haul LadyGrey!!! Tea Tree Water is one of my favorites.
Thanks! Those were all items I had heard good stuff about, so I figured I could start there. Glad to hear that about the tea tree water! I'm almost done with my current toner, and since it burns and stings like nobody's business, I'm ready to try a new one.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I've heard nothing but excellent things about Lush. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an actual store, so anything I purchase would have to be done online. What would you guys recommend as a good introduction to Lush?
If I were you I would buy a solid shampoo, bath bomb, bubble bar, and a soap.  Of course you can choose which ones and what amount but here are my recommendations.

Karma Komba solid shampoo- $10.95  This smells very heavily of citrus, so the smell is definitely preference.  Personally, I like it but many people do not.  There are many other scents you could order.  What you do is either rub it between your hands and then on your hair, or you could put it directly on your hair. 

Butterball Bath Bomb- $4.95  As a bestseller, Butterball has a reputation to live up to.  It is vanilla scented and has chunks of cocoa butter in it so make your bath soft as silk.  You simply pop this is the bath (you could use half, but this is one of the smaller ones at Lush so I wouldn't recommend it) and watch it fizz.  Be careful buying your bath bombs because they usually leave something surprising like glitter, flower petals, confetti, or even color your water!

Sunny Side Bubble Bar- $6.95  Sunny Side is a citrus number that you crumble under running water and it creates MOUNTAINS of bubbles.  You could use half of it, but I get excited and throw the whole thing in (lol).  This is one of the ones that you will have to be careful with because it is a total ball of glitter.  If your tub isn't clean it will leave a gold residue for you to clean up later.  But I think the experience is worth it.  It also makes the water a gorgeous swirling gold.

Rockstar Soap- $7.95  My all time favorite soap, Rockstar smells very.... pink.  That's the only adjective that fits perfectly.  It's very sweet and girly but some people think it's overpowering.  Personal preference, I guess.

Keep in mind that these are all just my opinion on what you should order.  I have used most of these and I was very satisfied.  When buying the bath products I usually watch a demo on youtube first to make sure that I know what I'm getting.  Although it won't be a surprise, I like to know that I will enjoy my purchase. 

Good luck!  Let me know what you get and if you like it!

Just a hint, it's MUCH cheaper ordering from LUSH's UK site. The prices are much cheaper and even with the horrible euro to dollar conversion and shipping it's still cheaper! I buy all my hair items in the UK store and it's exactly half of what I would pay in the US. It's good if you have quite a few things to buy. It usually takes about 8-10 days for me to get a LUSH UK order.
I disagree.  It may just be the weight of my order, but mine ended up being about the same price.  The shipping was an outrageous $30.  I'm gonna stick to Lush US or taking a road trip to the closest store.

Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I disagree.  It may just be the weight of my order, but mine ended up being about the same price.  The shipping was an outrageous $30.  I'm gonna stick to Lush US or taking a road trip to the closest store.
Royal Mail Shipping is 5.95 euros or around $8 US dollars unless you get a ridiculously big order, then it's 7.95 euros. Not sure why yours was $30 for shipping.

My order I got from the UK today was heavy. It was:

2 Retread

2 R&B

1 Trichomania

Total 43.45 euros or $54.56 INCLUDING shipping

Same order in the US is $113.75 with shipping. That's crazy savings!

BTW my UK order was placed on the 6/12 and I got it today 6/18 so that's not bad at all!

Royal Mail Shipping is 5.95 euros or around $8 US dollars unless you get a ridiculously big order, then it's 7.95 euros. Not sure why yours was $30 for shipping.

My order I got from the UK today was heavy. It was:

2 Retread

2 R&B

1 Trichomania

Total 43.45 euros or $54.56 INCLUDING shipping

Same order in the US is $113.75 with shipping. That's crazy savings!

BTW my UK order was placed on the 6/12 and I got it today 6/18 so that's not bad at all!
Last night when I ordered my stuff, I saw an option for GBP 26, but then there was the option for 5.95.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Introduction...hmmm..thats an interesting question. and hard to decide!!! My 2 fav. products from LUSH are Honey I Washed the Kids soap(it's AMAZING!) and Buffy exfoliating moisture bar, it makes my skin SOOOOOOO soft and smooth. People say it's too rough, and sometimes I see what they're talking about but I still love it. You can try Aquamarabilus(sp?) as an alternative, it's much more gentle. The bath bombs are a HUGE hit, that's what I hear most about from LUSH, but I hardly do baths so unfortunately I don't really get to experience that /:

I also love the Rub,Rub,Rub Shower Gel. It exfoliates too, and it smells SO good(reminds me of laundry detergent, in a good way :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). Their massage bars are amazing also(any of them really, but I love the chocolate one).

I use their Jumping Juniper solid shampoo bar and like that too.

SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back