Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last night when I ordered my stuff, I saw an option for GBP 26, but then there was the option for 5.95.
Yes! There is an option for the mail you can track and it's 26 euros, but there is no need for it at all. It doesn't come faster the only benefit is you can track it somewhat. I wouldn't bother with it. Even if your box gets lost they will always resend it at no charge to you. That happened to me once in 2 years. The box hadn't arrived after three weeks so they sent me another one. The DAY after they mailed the new box the old one came. I called them and they let me keep both boxes. It was awesome!

Yeah I just did a mock purchase from both UK site and US site and UK site ended up being about 10$ cheaper, I assume the more you buy the bigger the difference becomes. Maybe if you are buying one thing, then it doesn't actually matter. 

The only REAL difference I believe, is we aren't supporting US when we buy from UK. Which, especially now, is a bad thing to do but really who cares? We want cheaper things right? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I just did a mock purchase from both UK site and US site and UK site ended up being about 10$ cheaper, I assume the more you buy the bigger the difference becomes. Maybe if you are buying one thing, then it doesn't actually matter. 

The only REAL difference I believe, is we aren't supporting US when we buy from UK. Which, especially now, is a bad thing to do but really who cares? We want cheaper things right? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LUSH owns both operations so they are getting the money either way in the UK. If they didn't price the NA stuff so crazy I wouldn't have to order from overseas. For now, it's LUSH UK that gets my money. If that wasn't an option I just wouldn't buy there because the NA prices. My hair care is $35 a month from the UK or $70 from the US. It's not even debatable where I'll go. I do occasionally buy a bar of soap or something small from my "local" LUSH 2 hours away when I'm passing through.

I admire people who can buy all-American but I'm not strong enough for that. There are too many awesome items from overseas I must try!

Ahhh, so many awesome suggestions from everyone!! I chose to get the karma soap, flying fox and it's raining men shower gels, and the tea tree toner water. And a thousand thanks to princess2010-without the tip to purchase from the UK site, without it, there's no way I would have been able to try out this many items. 

Good tip about ordering from the UK site! I would've loved to know that when I was living up in WA last year and the only LUSH was in Seattle! Here in San Diego, though, we have a LUSH store that I've been frequenting probably a little too much lol. It's almost time for another stock up!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LUSH owns both operations so they are getting the money either way in the UK. If they didn't price the NA stuff so crazy I wouldn't have to order from overseas. For now, it's LUSH UK that gets my money. If that wasn't an option I just wouldn't buy there because the NA prices. My hair care is $35 a month from the UK or $70 from the US. It's not even debatable where I'll go. I do occasionally buy a bar of soap or something small from my "local" LUSH 2 hours away when I'm passing through.

I admire people who can buy all-American but I'm not strong enough for that. There are too many awesome items from overseas I must try!
Yeah IDK, it's awesome that it works for you!! but I just tested it out earlier and really..it was a matter of a $10 savings, sometimes that a REALLY good deal, but if the discount was between 2 american stores I'd be all up on it, but between an American store and a UK store, I think sometimes I'd rather buy American to support our economy. I wasn't concerned that LUSH wasn't gettng the money :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was concerned America wasnt hehehe. 

And again, NO JUDGEMENT, really :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just stating my thoughts :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> People are constantly complaining about our economy(somewhat rightfully so) but not only are we so much better then other countries, but also we don't help when we don't buy american.

OT but JWLS50 and JessP I just wanted to say I love your blogs!
awe, I love you!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you're so sweet! that literally jsut made my night. I'm always wondering if people actually like it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> any suggestions? id love them, i started somewhat recently so I'd love to find better ways to improve.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

awe, I love you!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you're so sweet! that literally jsut made my night. I'm always wondering if people actually like it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> any suggestions? id love them, i started somewhat recently so I'd love to find better ways to improve.
Just keep up the good work! I love the swatches and seeing the color on the eyes or nails. You are doing great!

OT but JWLS50 and JessP I just wanted to say I love your blogs!
Why thank you very much, I really appreciate your comment! Totally just made my whole night as well! Glad to have you as a blog visitor :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HI LADIES!!!!

If any of you are interested, I posted a lush survey recently.  I would love to see what your answers are!  You can either find it on my profile page or search it in the forums.

Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anybody REALLY excited for the launch of EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?!!
I am! I can't afford to purchase anything at the moment, but I'm really excited to see this collection!

Is anybody REALLY excited for the launch of EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?!!
I am as well! I have a 1:00 appointment on Saturday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't mean to be nosy, but at Lush?
No worries! It's for the Emotional Brilliance launch - they have you sit down for a "color reading" to find products that match your mood. My local Lush had Lushies schedule appointments via Facebook for this during the day they launch the line. Kinda fun!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No worries! It's for the Emotional Brilliance launch - they have you sit down for a "color reading" to find products that match your mood. My local Lush had Lushies schedule appointments via Facebook for this during the day they launch the line. Kinda fun!
That's so cool!  I wish I lived a little closer so I could make an appointment:(

I disagree.  It may just be the weight of my order, but mine ended up being about the same price.  The shipping was an outrageous $30.  I'm gonna stick to Lush US or taking a road trip to the closest store.
That was the problem I ran into when I did a mock comparison of the US / UK order for the same things. I wanted to place a rather large order and thought I  would be better off doing so from the UK. When I saw how much the shipping would be though, I decided against it. I wonder if there's a set amount/weight you should really aim for to get the less pricey shipping?

Royal Mail Shipping is 5.95 euros or around $8 US dollars unless you get a ridiculously big order, then it's 7.95 euros. Not sure why yours was $30 for shipping.

My order I got from the UK today was heavy. It was:

2 Retread

2 R&B

1 Trichomania

Total 43.45 euros or $54.56 INCLUDING shipping

Same order in the US is $113.75 with shipping. That's crazy savings!

BTW my UK order was placed on the 6/12 and I got it today 6/18 so that's not bad at all!
Mind me asking about what weight/how many products you normally buy when purchasing from the UK website? I tried placing a "mock" order between the US and UK sites recently, (rather large order) and the shipping from the UK one was going to be pretty pricey. I was over the weight limit for the less pricey shipping ,and it was going to cost quite a bit, so I decided to hold off on my order. In that instance, the US shipping would have been less. I'd love to try an order from the UK website though; I'm starting to think only the smaller orders are a good idea? 

I have sensitive/redness prone skin. Any suggestions? I'd rather not any harsh exfoliants.  I'm combination as well.

Back