Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up buying a bunch of stuff. I bought three different masks which I didn't realize that they all expire at the end of the month. There was two guys working in the store and neither seemed all that knowledgable in skincare. How soon does the masks go bad after their expiration date? I completely forgot to ask for samples. I was in a hurry and had to be at a drs appt so I ran in and ran out fairly quick. I think I will go back next week when I have more time. I bought the cupcake mask for my youngest daughter but she took one look at it and said no way. She has aspergers so she is very funny about smells, texture and the way things look when it comes to putting things on her face. But yet she has no problem eating raw octopus lol. Anyways, I'm hoping that I can use these masks up before they go bad. I tried the castrophe one and I liked how it felt. I went to Sephora and got a sample of GlamGlow mask so I put one type on each side of my face. I liked them both. Although the GlamGlow is $69 for a fairly tiny jar so I think I will be buying lush masks for about 10 times less. I also got a veganese shampoo and conditioner and greased lightening. I co-wash my hair so I'm curious to see how the conditioner works with co-washing. I use shampoo once a week. The guy was trying to get me tobuy a large bottle of shampoo because the little bottle won't last long. I told him I only use shampoo once a week and the rest of the time I co-wash. I think he thought I was crazy. He tried to tell me that conditioner only will leave my hair greasy. I asked him if my hair looked greasy and he said no. I said well I was on day 3 without washing it and I had only used conditioner. Lol So we will see how my hair does with the lush stuff tomorrow. I have a feeling that the Lush store is going to be another store that I won't be able to walk out of without spending a good chunk of money. Good thing it's at the mall and I don't like going to the mall that often.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a hint, it's MUCH cheaper ordering from LUSH's UK site. The prices are much cheaper and even with the horrible euro to dollar conversion and shipping it's still cheaper! I buy all my hair items in the UK store and it's exactly half of what I would pay in the US. It's good if you have quite a few things to buy. It usually takes about 8-10 days for me to get a LUSH UK order.
You are my new best friend, haha. Thank you soooo much for the tip. It's absolutely insane the difference there is. I'm saving about 40 dollars and that's with getting bigger sizes from the UK. I've always been so hesitant to try the tub hair products because of the price, not any more. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ended up buying a bunch of stuff. I bought three different masks which I didn't realize that they all expire at the end of the month. There was two guys working in the store and neither seemed all that knowledgable in skincare. How soon does the masks go bad after their expiration date? I completely forgot to ask for samples. I was in a hurry and had to be at a drs appt so I ran in and ran out fairly quick. I think I will go back next week when I have more time. I bought the cupcake mask for my youngest daughter but she took one look at it and said no way. She has aspergers so she is very funny about smells, texture and the way things look when it comes to putting things on her face. But yet she has no problem eating raw octopus lol. Anyways, I'm hoping that I can use these masks up before they go bad. I tried the castrophe one and I liked how it felt. I went to Sephora and got a sample of GlamGlow mask so I put one type on each side of my face. I liked them both. Although the GlamGlow is $69 for a fairly tiny jar so I think I will be buying lush masks for about 10 times less.

I also got a veganese shampoo and conditioner and greased lightening. I co-wash my hair so I'm curious to see how the conditioner works with co-washing. I use shampoo once a week. The guy was trying to get me tobuy a large bottle of shampoo because the little bottle won't last long. I told him I only use shampoo once a week and the rest of the time I co-wash. I think he thought I was crazy. He tried to tell me that conditioner only will leave my hair greasy. I asked him if my hair looked greasy and he said no. I said well I was on day 3 without washing it and I had only used conditioner. Lol

So we will see how my hair does with the lush stuff tomorrow.

I have a feeling that the Lush store is going to be another store that I won't be able to walk out of without spending a good chunk of money. Good thing it's at the mall and I don't like going to the mall that often.
I've gone beyond the date with most of my LUSH products.  Make sure you keep them in the fridge, and I think as long as it doesn't start to look/smell funky you'll be ok.  Catastophe Cosmetic has mushed up berries so you definitely want to keep an eye on it.  When you go back, ask them to check dates for one that has an ex. further out.  And I'm really surprised that the guys working weren't knowledgable.

I never get samples unless I ask also. But lush will always be my favorite and only stuff I use. Has anyone tried their new makeup line yet??

Just placed and order!!!

Bob Soap

Ghost Shower Jelly

So White Bath Bomb

Golden Wonder Bath Bomb

Cinders Bath Bomb

I can't wait to try even more of the Christmas items!!!!

Just bought pumpkin soap at my lush store- all of the Halloween items are in stores now. Surprisingly, pumpkin soap is not available online, just in stores. Not sure why that is. Anyway, I'm excited to get my hands on it. Really puts you in the mood for fall weather :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Libby Bubbles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just bought pumpkin soap at my lush store- all of the Halloween items are in stores now. Surprisingly, pumpkin soap is not available online, just in stores. Not sure why that is. Anyway, I'm excited to get my hands on it. Really puts you in the mood for fall weather :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It was online, but only for their chat party.  It sold out before i could place my order:(

I may get a few things out of their Christmas items, but in my country Lush seems to have become pricier, for so-so results and their products don't last for long (very short dates on some items, you really have to look on the packaging). I love their massage butters, i bought those with glitters last Christmas and they turned sour very quickly.

Lush is throwing a grand opening in my area, and I wanted to see if any of you have ever been to a grand opening and what to expect. It mentions VIP gift w purchase, but I would mainly be interested in samples or gift bags, since I have never tried their products before, and the prices seem a little high. So I would like to try before I buy. I know it has been mentioned they give samples if requested, so I'm trying to figure if it would be best to go on a normal day or if I should try the grand opening. TIA

Originally Posted by dd62 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lush is throwing a grand opening in my area, and I wanted to see if any of you have ever been to a grand opening and what to expect. It mentions VIP gift w purchase, but I would mainly be interested in samples or gift bags, since I have never tried their products before, and the prices seem a little high. So I would like to try before I buy. I know it has been mentioned they give samples if requested, so I'm trying to figure if it would be best to go on a normal day or if I should try the grand opening. TIA
It'll probably be crazy.  Whenever my store has events, they're usually complete madness.  I would skip the free gift and go on an off day.

Some of my faves :  mint julips lip scrub!   Makes your lips feel great & it tastes so yummy! Then slather on Honey Trap lip balm! Also on my list, buffy bar!! Makes my body feel sooo smooth & nice!

What's on your Lush wishlist?!   I can't wait to get my package in! So excited to try out some new products! 

Heads Up: apparently Lush does a fantastic after Christmas sale! CANNOT WAIT! Last year it was B1G1 free. I will definitely be stocking up.

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heads Up: apparently Lush does a fantastic after Christmas sale! CANNOT WAIT! Last year it was B1G1 free. I will definitely be stocking up.
Thanks for the heads up! I was planning on grabbing some stuff to try this month, but I think I'll wait until they have their sale!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may get a few things out of their Christmas items, but in my country Lush seems to have become pricier, for so-so results and their products don't last for long (very short dates on some items, you really have to look on the packaging). I love their massage butters, i bought those with glitters last Christmas and they turned sour very quickly.
They stay good after that date. I have some of their cleansers and my Herbalism said that you should use until August 8th. Still using it without any problem it's just a bit crumblier (harder). I know their fresh masks are different but I keep them in the freezer and when I want to apply one I take it out half our before and afterwards put it back.

I'm Lush crazy though it's slowing down. My bathroom had so many Lush products that I didn't know where to put them anymore. Though I'm growing a bit tired of it now. Trying other products. I ordered some Soap & Glory (looks so nice). 

I'll keep using their shampoo because my hair loves it. I'm using Rehab and American Cream conditioner.

Love the Twilight shower gel (christmas product), I bought 2 big bottles. The Twilight bath bomb is also awesome though a little to pricy for a 1 time use.

It's too bad that it's so expensive here in Belgium. I order online but that's 10£ shipping cost.

I can't wait to stock up on Bubble Bath Bars when Lush goes on sale. Hopefully there will still be some good deals left when I get to the mall on 12/26!

Back