Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think about the EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE LINE???
I haven't tried any of it yet, but I do think it's kind pricey /: I usually like LUSH's prices and was kinda shocked that they made their cosmetic line so expensive. I will prob. cave and get @ least a couple things from it, but I do think it could be a bit cheaper, but for all I know it's amazing quality and whatnot and deserves to be that expensive. It's pricing isn't as bad as some high-end stuff out there so I guess I'm just complaining to complain, b/c it isn't soo bad.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have sensitive/redness prone skin. Any suggestions? I'd rather not any harsh exfoliants.  I'm combination as well.
You should try the oatafix mask.  It has oatmeal to exfoliate but it's also for your skin type.  You could also ask someone who works there to help you find something for your skin.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried any of it yet, but I do think it's kind pricey /: I usually like LUSH's prices and was kinda shocked that they made their cosmetic line so expensive. I will prob. cave and get @ least a couple things from it, but I do think it could be a bit cheaper, but for all I know it's amazing quality and whatnot and deserves to be that expensive. It's pricing isn't as bad as some high-end stuff out there so I guess I'm just complaining to complain, b/c it isn't soo bad.
I thought about that as well, but I figured you do get what you pay for.  Lush is all natural and is against animal testing, so I'm sure it's awesome for your skin.

I have not had the opportunity to try any Lush products because I don't have any stores near me. I have made a wishlist of products to try on the site though (American Cream conditioner, R&B, Sweetie Pie, and an assortment of bath bombs and massage bars). I'm sure I'll end up caving in and buying some in the winter when Snow Fairy returns (a product I have heard SO MUCH about)!

I really want to try LUSH. We have a very small store here and I completely indented to buy stuff but walked out with nothing. I don't know if it was the size of the store or the actual labeling of products but I was very overwhelmed. I'm going to try again with some of the suggestions on this thread. May be a good thing I'm not addicted!

I just discovered LUSH about a month ago and I was hooked on the very first day. I bought several gift sets so I could try smaller sizes of lots of things before committing to full size. These are the items that I own:

Shampoo bars: Soak & float (tan), seanik (blue), godiva (yellow), ultra shine (white)

Conditioner Bar in Jungle, plus samples of Veganese and Retread

Lotion: Charity pot, Vanilla Dee-lite, plus samples of dream cream, sympathy for the skin, creme an glaise

Body wash: The Olive Branch, Rub rub rub, happy hippy, grass, and Dirty (for the man)

Soap: Sexy peel, Bohemian, figs & leaves, summer pudding

Massage bars: each peach, strawberry, hottie, vanilla

Body butter: Buffy, King of skin

Ultrabalm

Aromaco deodorant

Gorgeous moisturizer

Mask of Magnaminty

Lemony Flutter

Comforter bubble bar

Sakura bath bomb

Sample of Angels on bare skin

Whoosh shower jelly

Ocean Salt

Creamed Almond & Coconut Shower Smoothie

Green sugar scrub

I think that's everything hahaha and I love it all.....the next time I go, I'm dying to try Full of Grace face serum!

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to try LUSH. We have a very small store here and I completely indented to buy stuff but walked out with nothing. I don't know if it was the size of the store or the actual labeling of products but I was very overwhelmed.

I'm going to try again with some of the suggestions on this thread. May be a good thing I'm not addicted!
Ask for a tour! they will take you around and explain everything. I've been to 5 diff stores and they have all been super helpful and listened to my likes/dislikes, and they let you try anything! And ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for samples of anything you want to take home and try! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought my very first LUSH product!! I got a small catastrophe cosmetic and then a sample of Aqua Marina.  I'm so excited to try them tonight

Ask for a tour! they will take you around and explain everything. I've been to 5 diff stores and they have all been super helpful and listened to my likes/dislikes, and they let you try anything! And ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for samples of anything you want to take home and try! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Really! I had no idea about the sample thing. Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really! I had no idea about the sample thing. Thanks for the tips!
Oh yes, I get two samples at a time... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also highly recommend going for the pre-packaged gift sets. When I was new to LUSH ( a month ago haha) I got 6 different gift sets and that gave me TONS of stuff to try in half sizes without the cost of buying a bunch of full sized items before you know what you really like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LUSH Shower/after shower of the night!

-White shampoo bar (I think it's called ultimate shine)/ Jungle conditioner bar

-The Olive Branch shower gel

-Creamed Coconut Almond Shower Smoothie

-Ocean Salt for my face

-King of Skin body butter bar for still damp skin after showering

-Mask of Magnaminty 

-Gorgeous Moisturizer 

-Dream Cream Lotion

-Aromaco deodorant

-Lemony Flutter cuticle butter

I Smell Yummy!!! 
cloud9.gif

I'm always excited about all things LUSH! We just had a grand opening at one of the malls in my area and I couldn't be more excited. They had giveaways so I ended up getting about $30 worth of free items. I have too many favorites to list but I would say Fizzbanger, Twilight, Dorothy, Sunnyside, Sexy Peel and Coal face are among my absolute favorites.

Is anyone else excited about the holiday collection? Can't wait for that to come out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Libby Bubbles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm always excited about all things LUSH! We just had a grand opening at one of the malls in my area and I couldn't be more excited. They had giveaways so I ended up getting about $30 worth of free items. I have too many favorites to list but I would say Fizzbanger, Twilight, Dorothy, Sunnyside, Sexy Peel and Coal face are among my absolute favorites.

Is anyone else excited about the holiday collection? Can't wait for that to come out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't wait for the holiday collection!!! I gotta stock up on my Candy Mountain bubble bars!

I wish I would've found this thread earlier!  I did an order on the US, and UK sites, and my UK order ended up being $23 cheaper than the US one.  And as far as ordering from the US vs UK, when you place a US order, doesn't it ship from Canada?

I'm glad that you mentioned asking for samples. I was just on their website and there are several masks that I want to try. Do they make up the samples for you or are they in foil packages? I so need to go to a craft store and buy some little jars to put the contents of foil packets in. I just got an idea. I wonder if a weekly medication container would work? You know the kind that have the days of the week on them and you flip open the top. I wonder if that would work? All you would need to do is write the name of the product on tape and label each compartment. Hmmm... Lots of ideas now. Lol. I also work at a pharmacy, I need to ask if they have small jars that they would put creams in. A pill bottle it too big. But they might have little jars. Anyways, I am planning on going to the lush store nearby tomorrow, is there any masks that are a must try? What about the greased lightening gel? My daughter has been breaking out on her forehead and I have been trying to find something to help. Although she has a bad habit of picking at them as they heal so it makes it worse. What about the facial cleaners? Any of them stand out? I'm not a bath person so bath bombs don't interest me. I'm so excited to try some of this stuff. I've been into a couple Lush stores in Maui and I think Oahu but didn't really look at much of the stuff. We were just browsing and my suitcases were already over the weight limit. Plus I wasn't going to pay tax on something that I could wait until I got home since Oregon doesn't have a sales tax. I'm so excited to check the store out. If you have any suggestions please let me know, I will be going tomorrow early. Please let me know your favs...

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask for a tour! they will take you around and explain everything. I've been to 5 diff stores and they have all been super helpful and listened to my likes/dislikes, and they let you try anything! And ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for samples of anything you want to take home and try!
smile.gif

I'm glad that you mentioned asking for samples. I was just on their website and there are several masks that I want to try. Do they make up the samples for you or are they in foil packages? I so need to go to a craft store and buy some little jars to put the contents of foil packets in. I just got an idea. I wonder if a weekly medication container would work? You know the kind that have the days of the week on them and you flip open the top. I wonder if that would work? All you would need to do is write the name of the product on tape and label each compartment. Hmmm... Lots of ideas now. Lol. I also work at a pharmacy, I need to ask if they have small jars that they would put creams in. A pill bottle it too big. But they might have little jars.Anyways, I am planning on going to the lush store nearby tomorrow, is there any masks that are a must try? What about the greased lightening gel? My daughter has been breaking out on her forehead and I have been trying to find something to help. Although she has a bad habit of picking at them as they heal so it makes it worse. What about the facial cleaners? Any of them stand out? I'm not a bath person so bath bombs don't interest me. I'm so excited to try some of this stuff. I've been into a couple Lush stores in Maui and I think Oahu but didn't really look at much of the stuff. We were just browsing and my suitcases were already over the weight limit. Plus I wasn't going to pay tax on something that I could wait until I got home since Oregon doesn't have a sales tax.

I'm so excited to check the store out. If you have any suggestions please let me know, I will be going tomorrow early. Please let me know your favs...

I LOVE their dry shampoos. But, really, anything you get is gonna be great. I have received samples of their Dream Cream + Bubblegum Lip Scrub, and they put it all in little jars, I never saw any foil packets.

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad that you mentioned asking for samples. I was just on their website and there are several masks that I want to try. Do they make up the samples for you or are they in foil packages? I so need to go to a craft store and buy some little jars to put the contents of foil packets in. I just got an idea. I wonder if a weekly medication container would work? You know the kind that have the days of the week on them and you flip open the top. I wonder if that would work? All you would need to do is write the name of the product on tape and label each compartment. Hmmm... Lots of ideas now. Lol. I also work at a pharmacy, I need to ask if they have small jars that they would put creams in. A pill bottle it too big. But they might have little jars.

Anyways, I am planning on going to the lush store nearby tomorrow, is there any masks that are a must try? What about the greased lightening gel? My daughter has been breaking out on her forehead and I have been trying to find something to help. Although she has a bad habit of picking at them as they heal so it makes it worse. What about the facial cleaners? Any of them stand out? I'm not a bath person so bath bombs don't interest me. I'm so excited to try some of this stuff. I've been into a couple Lush stores in Maui and I think Oahu but didn't really look at much of the stuff. We were just browsing and my suitcases were already over the weight limit. Plus I wasn't going to pay tax on something that I could wait until I got home since Oregon doesn't have a sales tax.

I'm so excited to check the store out. If you have any suggestions please let me know, I will be going tomorrow early. Please let me know your favs...
They put the samples in little round black pots with screw tops and they label the tops with the product they put inside. When it comes to favorites, everyone is going to be different when it comes to Lush. There are so many smells and ingredients and uses that it's a personalized shopping trip every time I go! Tell whoever is helping you that you are new and would like a tour, they will take you around to all the areas and tell you everything you need to know, while they let you try things. Tell them what kind of skin you have, whether you're a bath or shower person (like you said, I don't do baths either), your skin concerns and troubles. They will recommend products that suit your needs. You really can't go wrong in a Lush shop, I own a ton of it and I haven't hated any of it. I have posted before that I strongly recommend buying yourself a gift set...they have pre-packaged gift sets that contain half sizes of products, so you can try more things without having to commit to the larger sizes as a newbie. I purchased 6 or so gift sets and ended up with a ton of things to try, from there I could start narrowing down what I really liked and what I wanted to try more of/different flavors of. And one more tip, whatever you buy that is in solid form, buy a tin to put it in. The tins are about $4 each, but they are a must have to keep your solid products protected and lint/hair free.

With that said, my personal favorites are:

Shampoo bars (any flavor, I have 4 and love them all!)

Jungle conditioner bar (passion fruit, cocoa butter, banana, avocado..smells divine!)

Sympathy for the skin body lotion 

Ocean salt face and body scrub

Lemony Flutter cuticle butter

King of Skin body butter bar

Mask of Magnaminty (this is the only mask that is not a 'fresh face mask', it doesn't need to be refrigerated and doesn't expire as fast as the fresh)

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They put the samples in little round black pots with screw tops and they label the tops with the product they put inside. When it comes to favorites, everyone is going to be different when it comes to Lush. There are so many smells and ingredients and uses that it's a personalized shopping trip every time I go! Tell whoever is helping you that you are new and would like a tour, they will take you around to all the areas and tell you everything you need to know, while they let you try things. Tell them what kind of skin you have, whether you're a bath or shower person (like you said, I don't do baths either), your skin concerns and troubles. They will recommend products that suit your needs. You really can't go wrong in a Lush shop, I own a ton of it and I haven't hated any of it. I have posted before that I strongly recommend buying yourself a gift set...they have pre-packaged gift sets that contain half sizes of products, so you can try more things without having to commit to the larger sizes as a newbie. I purchased 6 or so gift sets and ended up with a ton of things to try, from there I could start narrowing down what I really liked and what I wanted to try more of/different flavors of. And one more tip, whatever you buy that is in solid form, buy a tin to put it in. The tins are about $4 each, but they are a must have to keep your solid products protected and lint/hair free.

With that said, my personal favorites are:

Shampoo bars (any flavor, I have 4 and love them all!)

Jungle conditioner bar (passion fruit, cocoa butter, banana, avocado..smells divine!)

Sympathy for the skin body lotion 

Ocean salt face and body scrub

Lemony Flutter cuticle butter

King of Skin body butter bar

Mask of Magnaminty (this is the only mask that is not a 'fresh face mask', it doesn't need to be refrigerated and doesn't expire as fast as the fresh)
Totally agree with the shampoo bars, Ocean Salt, and Lemony Flutter!  I love Rehab, but since it has sulfates I try not to use it very often.  I was surprised at how well the shampoo bars worked, and how long they last.  I love the Dirty shower gel, and Whoosh shower jelly.  The Christmas stuff will be out soon and with that comes Snow Fairy, and Snowglobe.  As much as I love the soaps, it kills me to spend that much.  My husband loves Dirty and Ice Blue and the last big chunk he bought was $23.  That said, I'm in love with Miranda.  Porridge is my absolute favorite, but it makes such a mess of my shower that I won't buy it anymore.  I did buy a product last Christmas that I didn't care for, it was some kind of face scrub that you were supposed to add water to and make into a paste but it just crumbled for me so I ended up just tossing it.  My store doesn't do samples of the face masks, but I don't know if that's true for all of them.  They're only like $5 though so it's not a huge investment.  And yes, samples, samples, samples!  I usually come home with a sample bag as big as my shopping bag.  They'll give you a print out on how to use everything too.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally agree with the shampoo bars, Ocean Salt, and Lemony Flutter!  I love Rehab, but since it has sulfates I try not to use it very often.  I was surprised at how well the shampoo bars worked, and how long they last.  I love the Dirty shower gel, and Whoosh shower jelly.  The Christmas stuff will be out soon and with that comes Snow Fairy, and Snowglobe.  As much as I love the soaps, it kills me to spend that much.  My husband loves Dirty and Ice Blue and the last big chunk he bought was $23.  That said, I'm in love with Miranda.  Porridge is my absolute favorite, but it makes such a mess of my shower that I won't buy it anymore.  I did buy a product last Christmas that I didn't care for, it was some kind of face scrub that you were supposed to add water to and make into a paste but it just crumbled for me so I ended up just tossing it.  My store doesn't do samples of the face masks, but I don't know if that's true for all of them.  They're only like $5 though so it's not a huge investment.  And yes, samples, samples, samples!  I usually come home with a sample bag as big as my shopping bag.  They'll give you a print out on how to use everything too.
The face cleanser could have been Herbalism (green crumbly) or Angels on Bare Skin (tan crumbly). I have a sample of the AoBS and it is definitely weird to use. I like that it is make from almond meat, but the texture isn't for me. I just tried the Ultrabland cleanser yesterday (it's like a white paste) and I liked it better than the crumbly kind. Speaking of soaps, I have a few slices that came in my gift sets, but I'm looking forward to going to Lush today or tomorrow and getting a few more soaps to try. If the pre-sliced bars are too pricey, you can always ask them to cut you a personal slice that fits your budget. I'm planning to get a bunch of $5 slices so I can get more to try! I'm a recent Lush convert, so I haven't yet experienced the Christmas season products, I'm looking forward to it! And as for the previous comment regarding samples of the Fresh Face Masks, the stores I have been to would let you try the mask in store, but didn't give samples to take.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The face cleanser could have been Herbalism (green crumbly) or Angels on Bare Skin (tan crumbly). I have a sample of the AoBS and it is definitely weird to use. I like that it is make from almond meat, but the texture isn't for me. I just tried the Ultrabland cleanser yesterday (it's like a white paste) and I liked it better than the crumbly kind. Speaking of soaps, I have a few slices that came in my gift sets, but I'm looking forward to going to Lush today or tomorrow and getting a few more soaps to try. If the pre-sliced bars are too pricey, you can always ask them to cut you a personal slice that fits your budget. I'm planning to get a bunch of $5 slices so I can get more to try! I'm a recent Lush convert, so I haven't yet experienced the Christmas season products, I'm looking forward to it! And as for the previous comment regarding samples of the Fresh Face Masks, the stores I have been to would let you try the mask in store, but didn't give samples to take.
I have them cut me slices, but we live over an hour away so we only make it there about twice a year so it's easier to get a big chunk.  As far as Christmas, talk about gift sets!  And they always have a good promo where if you buy so much you get one of the small gifts for free.  I hoard Snow Fairy!!  I used half of my last bottle and put it away so I wouldn't have to go without lol.  Snowglobe and Northern Lights, and Snowcake soaps!  And the crumbly stuff was Buche de Noel.  I hate winter, but LOVE all the products!

Back