Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tried it once when i was younger but thats it, i think its so nasty and i would never date a smoker who the hell would want to kiss that? i just think its plain nasty! imo

As an ex smoker myself I never preach because a person isn't going to stop unless they want to. It doesn't matter what I say & I know that. I can only be encouraging & reassure them that it does get better if they are trying to quit.

My thoughts exactly Trisha! I really love the way smoking has been banned in any public places in Ireland for a couple of years now. Makes going out so much nicer.

When I was in Australia recently I saw htey'd brought in a law where you're not allowed smoke within 1 metre of the bar, which I thought was a bit pointless. Like the smoke isn't going to travel 1 metre! Doesn't protect the bar staff at all. If you're gonna ban it, do it properly! :icon_twis

I never ever even tried a cigarette.

I've seen a few people close to me either die of lung cancer or emphysema - that plus the fact that I hate the way it smells, is enough for me to stay away.

Well I am sooooo allergic to cigarette smoke, if I ever tried one, I would probably die. So I agree with you Trisha very much. Being so allergic, when people smoke in public around me, I get very sick. I hate it because I can't control what they do but it affects me greatly. So I also am very happy that they have banned it in a lot of public places.

I wonder why it's ok to attack smokers on this thread but if I was to attack people with food addictions I'm sure I'd get banned.

I remember what it was like to be a non smoker (as a child) around smokers, I remember how it used to make me feel sick. I don't smoke where I'm not allowed nor do I subject my pets to my smoke.

I´ve tried it a couple of times but I never liked it. I am the worst anti-smoker ever. I think it´s a shame when people smoke sitting next to you without even asking if it bothers you. I mean, by that smokers put us non-smokers at risk of getting lung cancer by passive smoking!!! that makes me so mad. of course I then go and sit somewhere else, but why do I have to?

I`d love for smoking to be banned in bars, restaurants and such here in austria. but unfortunately not even every restaurant here has a non-smoking area.

I don't feel attacked at all, of course I no longer smoke. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However my husband does, I wish he would quit. He wants to, itS just a disgusting nasty HABIT~ADDICTION. He is going to try again, and all I can do is encourage him. But yes, it stinks and is nauseating to me now. He never smokes around the house, MUST go outside thank you.

I don't smoke and never have. I've got nothing against smokers but I've chosen not to smoke, I don't want to breathe in their second hand smoke.

Ditto big time! Although i hate the bars that dont have smoking areas and people stand outside the front door so you've to walk past all the smoke on the way in

Maybe I'm just more sensitive, I get tired of hearing how disgusting my addiction is... because I feel like that make me disgusting in some way. People that meet me are always surprised that I smoke, I try very hard to not smell like smoke.

I've been around all sorts of addicts in my life and I find smoking the lesser of many evils. I come from a long line of addicts (I don't think we have any crack addicts but that's about it) so I think my one addiction makes me a winner. Maybe that's why I don't view it the same way as many others, even other smokers.

i picked "i used to smoke but im over it" which is not really true but the first one wasnt right either. i only ever was a social smoker when i was 14-16 so its not really worthy of being called a smoker.

i cant stand smoke now it makes me sick and unable to breathe, plus it pollutes our planet.

My mother (when she was alive) was hooked on smoking AND food. My dad used to smoke cigars. My aunts - smoking. In fact, I was the only non-smoker in my family. So I don't judge anyone because I totally understand.

Now, I'm addicted to chocolate and sweets and shopping, but that's for another thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am sorry this thread bothered you, Tonya. I understand what you're saying and If I put myself in your place, I would probably feel attacked, as well. No one in my family smokes except my brother. He also had many other addictions for which my parents kicked him out of the house for many years ago. He's in prison now but that's another story. Anyways, whenever I would go visit him, his house never smelled bad nor did his body. Some people reek of smoke but somehow he never did so I know it's possible. I dont like the smell of smoke. It bothers my allergies but I don't think you are disgusting at all. I have my own share of bad habits and wouldn't like someone going off on them. I don't think this thread was meant to be offensive, though.

I would never go as far as to say smokers are disgusting. and not every smoker smells like smoke all the time.

The only thing that bothers me is when smokers don´t take the non-smokers into consideration. like when you sit outside on a parkbench and somebody sits down next to you and basically blows the smoke right into your face. I think it´s more than polite to ask first if the smoking is bothering the non-smoker.

Agreed! I used to work in bars doing Karaoke shows and had to be around alot of smoke. There was this one guy that would always come up to me and hold his cigarette where it would be trailing right in my face or blow his smoke towards my face. I thought that was very impolite. I never said anything and would just sit there and tolerate it.

Back