Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree that smokers should keep it to themselves, you should always try to respect the people around you. It's like drinking and driving, to me, if you want to kill yourself that's your business but don't take others down with you.

i used to smoke occasionally like when i went out and people had them. i used to smoke black and mild cigarillos (ghetto.lol.) then i began to smoke heavily for a few months. but i haven't smoked for 2 years now.

tonya, i'm sorry you feel like you were attacked, but i can see why it would upset you. please don't take it personally. you know everyone here are sweethearts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've "tried" smoking, but i didn't even know you had to have the cigarette in your mouth in order to light it, so after that, no way LOL

my new room (in the new apt.) smells like cigarette smoke and i don't know why. i'm guessing the lady who lived here before us smoked like a chimney and the smell just won't go away. it grosses me out so much that i can't even stay in the room.

has anyone ever started smoking after they were teenagers? i rarely hear about adults starting to smoke. i think a lot of the smoking is peer pressure. correct me i'm wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I luv everyone here!

I was 13 when I started but my husband (who I refer to as a non addicted smoker) started when he was 19 or 20. He can smoke on a monday, not smoke tuesday and wednesday, etc.

I started because the older boy I had a huge crush on smoked so it wasn't really peer pressure. I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't a big deal to sell to kids.

I grew up with most of my family members being heavy smokers but I don't nessessarily blame them that I was a smoker because I have a couple cousins who grew up in the same environment and never started. I have been smoke free since New years 2000. I was a heavy smoker and started when I was around 13 or 14 years old. I was in my early twenties when I quit. I feel much better but the funny thing is that I still have dreams about smoking all the time. It's been a re-occuring dream ever since I quit. My aunt told me she had those dreams too for twenty five years!(she quit for that long and then started up again, can you believe it?!!) I wake up feeling incredibly guilty, then I realise it was just a dream!

To be honest though, I liked smoking to some degree other wise I wouldn't have done it. I quit because it is extremely bad for your health and skin, plus, it stinks. I also HATED that something had control over me in some way. But what I hated most about it was that I was contributing to the Government getting richer off society's bad habbits. That angered me. Then they turn around and pretend like they care if you get sick! They don't give a rat's ass!

But I don't find people who smoke to be desgusting at all. One of my good friends is a smoker. She's one of the only ones from our group, her husband doesn't even smoke. I am positive she can quit when she wants to and I know she will when she decides to have babies.

Hopefully, anyone here who wants to, can find the determination to quit, we are all here to encourage you!

I don't blame my Dad either, he was a smoker that quit for 10 years and started again. I think it was the year they introduced the "Sin Tax" in Canada and cigarettes were almost 8$ a pack in Ontario, that was just the last straw for him I guess. The Canadian Government spends alot of time brain storming on how to introduce new taxes, if they could get a pay toilet into everyone's home they'd do it.

well i am tryin to quit AGEN, its only been 5day tho :icon_roll i hope this time works out because i dont want to smoke but then ill feel weird that im never goin to hold a cigarette agen because im so used to it. im finding myself sittin here just thinkin about a cigarette and i dont no what to do but like laura i run straight for a large glass of water (i dont no why i go for a drink though and why water because i never drink it:icon_conf ) i jus hope this time i dont give in because im always around smokers. i can see myself pretending to smoke a pen soon:icon_roll

grrrrhh NEVER SMOKE!!! you'll so regret it. i can see what everyone means about smokers though, sometimes when a smoker is next 2 me i think put it out because certain brands reak bad, like roll ups and cheap ones ewww i hate the smell of those i just think grose!!!

I'm a smoker. All of my friends smoke... we have this joke about how you can't be my friend if you don't smoke.. but its just a joke. My parents know and despise it. So i don't smoke in front of them, I don't smoke in public, I smoke over at my friends houses and when I'm driving. I've quit for a while before but then I started back. I don't plan on smoking forever especially not when I have children but for now.. I'm a smoker.

Mary Amber

and to leave with a quote from Laurie Notaro

"It made me happy to invision myself in an iron lung or oxygen tent turning up my artificial voicebox full blast and yelling at the nurse 'get me a cigarette'."

okay funny... but kinda not... yeah well

i know what you mean.

i used to be on drugs all the time when i was younger *yes.. younger than i am now..so i was REALLY young* i quit doing all those shits when i was 15. now, ill be 19 in fews months and i dont drink, i dont use drugs, im not a gambler *well i never been* the only bad thing i do is smoking. *well i used to smoke since i was 12, now i smoke 1 smoke a month* i dont smoke during winter because i dont like to smoke indoor and i dont like smoking outside and being cold. i smoke more often during summer because i have a private beach so i can smoke outside and i dont bother anyone. but i dont smoke in restaurant or anything public. my bf is an heavy smoker and sometimes its bother me. when we're in car at -4 and he open the window to smoke! i dont like the smell either. i do respect non-smoker and smoker. here we cant smoke in bars now.. i think its a little too much. but anyways.

I don't smoke and I never will. I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes anyway. And even so, it's extremely unhealthy. It can cause wrinkles at an early age among many other things - it causes lung cancer as well.

I dont smoke and I never have. Its weird now that the clubs and bars don't allow smoking anymore. I wake up the day after partying and my hair still smells fresh and not full of smoke!!!

LOL! Best laugh I had all night. :icon_chee

When I was 13 - 18 I would socially smoke, though it was pretty infrequent. I didn't care either way if I smoked or not and after too many times of declining cigarettes, well I guess that's when I stopped.

Personally, I'm neutral on smoking. To each their own. The smoke bothers my allergies but so does cat dander. Here's a pic of my Boodle, btw... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

u no occasional smokers, would you say there false smoker and just for show? my bf reckons there false smokers because they'd need a cigarette all the time if they were addicted not just when people are around

I used to smoke. It was bad, and then one day it started making me ill. Upset stomach! From smoking! I had to stop cold turkey, because it just made me so ill. Boyfriend smokes, so I'm still around second-hand smoke a lot. It doesn't upset my stomach like it used to. I'll have a cig once in a blue moon.

I so agree with Trisha and maybe people think (or can tell) I'm overweight but I'm not making others suffer by 2nd hand smoke or anything

I have never smoked and won't start!

Back