Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason I say I don't smell is because I've been told that by non-smokers. I realise that people who smoke don't smell it like non-smokers do, just like dog owners never think their houses smell like dog :icon_lol:

yeah, it doesn´t necessarily mean the baby is gonna be affected. I´ve heard women on stupid talkshows talking about that topic, always bring up examples of how they know this and that woman who smoked during pregnancy and her kids were born healthy. but that doesn´t change the fact that you increase the risk of your baby being born underweight, with typical facial abnormalities, weaker immune system and other things.

I guess it doesn´t matter how many women you know who smoked and had healthy babies, if YOUR child is sick than it WILL matter to you.

oh god we need that law here too. the only places where smoking is not allowed that I can think of are-hospitals (who still have huge smoking areas! how sick is that? you see patients walking around in their white hospital clothes smoking one cig after another), inside subway-stations...that´s all I can think of.

and not even every restaurant has non-smoking areas. and sometimes the non-smoking areas are RIGHT NEXT to the smoking areas....so the smoke gets over to your table anyway

I think people with non addictive personalities can smoke once and awhile and not need to smoke constantly, like my husband. One day I asked him if he was coming out for a smoke with me and he says "Nah, don't feel like smoking anymore." Didn't touch a cigarette for 3 years after that. He never smokes when his ship is out at sea, he doesn't like going on the smoke deck. I wish I could be like that, if I could just smoke 1 cigarette after dinner everyday I'd be content.

Ditto with me. I say that I didn't smell like smoke because all my non-smoker friends and coworkers would tell me that, and in their shock of finding out I was a smoker they'd say, "You smoke?!?! But you never smell like it!!!" I'm sure there were times though when I did. And I'm sure people with super sensitive smoke radars could smell it on me. (I have one of those now.) If I were to smell me when I smoked now, I'd definitely be able to tell. Now...did that make sense?? hehe...

Man, right before I quit, I had become a slave to cigarettes. I would plan my whole day around when I could smoke. Mu hubby used to smoke too, and he just quit one day. He just got tired of it and laid it down. I was just amazed that he could do that. I smoked for about 4 months after he quit, and he just couldn't understand why it wasn't as easy for me to lay it down as it was for him. Lol, I used to go to the gym, workout, and then smoke a ciggy afterwards. Kinda counterproductive, dontcha think?? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to smoke only when I drank in social situations, which wasn't very often. Sounds weird, but I liked to have my drink in one hand and a cig in the other. Other than that, I never craved smoking on a daily basis. Nowadays, I rarely smoke (maybe b/c I rarely drink!) but I have nothing against people who smoke though, it may be a bad habit and all, but it is their choice to do so. I figure, they know the effects that smoking has on them, it's no secret. So I don't feel like I should be preachy to them about it. If they want to get help to quit, then great, but I think that the person has to be ready to do it first. To each his own I guess. But, the only thing I ask is to have etiquitte about it, like at least ask me if I mind. And smoking around babies, uh no. On rare occasions I don't mind having a cig or a drag on a cigar, just for fun. I used to smoke the "wacky tobacky" when I was single, but I think that may be another thread.:icon_twis

Something I have never understood is how a significant other can smoke and the other doesn't? I mean, there is nothing attractive about a smoker's mouth. But I can sure understand of both smoke in a relationship.

Yes that is something I don't get either. I could never be with someone who smokes, but thats just me. Perhaps they just get used to it?

When my hubby quit and I didn't, he used to always complain about the taste. Which of course would make me mad, so I'd go light up another one to cool down. I was a slave I tell ya!!

hmm im not sure if i agree, iv smoked for nearly 4 years and my mom and brother have never said i smelt like it or anything, and believe me my brother would say something for sure if he thought i was.

Never did and never will... Not to offend anyone else here, I don't have a problem with people smoking, but personally the thought of inhaling smoke into my mouth let alone my lungs wants to make me sick. eww!

Kim, I tell ya, sometimes I feel grateful that I can walk and talk at the same time the way my mom smoked. But after having talked to some of my contemporaries, the "2 paks a menthol a day" moms were pretty common-I was born in '64...and of course always been hypersensitive to it. What I don't understand is why they have laws against hitting and hurting your children physically...but not against poisoning them over the long haul with second hand smoke? It's one thing to smoke outside...but in the house..all day long?

Totally OFF TOPIC!! (I didn't want to start an "I love Boodle" thread)...but...Kerry...I LOVE BOODLE!! I have a male cat...his name is Cookie...who could be Boodle's brother!! A lovebug orange boy cat.

O.k. had to say that....Sorry everybody....:icon_love

Me either. I cant stand ppl who smoke in prohibited areas.:icon_mad:

Ick - I've never smoked and have no desire to ever try it. Blech! Nasty.

Ken smokes and I tell him he stinks when he comes in from smoking. (There is no smoking in the house) He also knows not to kiss me on the mouth after he's smoked. I make him go brush his teeth or swish some Listerine in there! LOL He's pretty good about it too!

Latest posts

Back