Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started smoking when I started dating my hubby, but only a few a day. Never was a big smoker, couldn't stand the smell of it on my clothes or my hair. I quit years ago but my hubby still does. I haven't allowed indoors smoking for 13 years and I didn't smoke at home when I smoked either. I can't stand the smell of it and when my husband comes inside after he smokes, I want to throw up! it makes my stomach go crazy..... I wish he could quit but even trying out the medication, gum, other things.... he can't. So I tell him not to kiss or come near me after a smoke! My friends at work didn't believe me that I smoked after working there even over a year. I smoked very little and didn't go to work after one... maybe that's why... When I quit my little smoke habit, I told my husband I was done with it! and it stayed that way and I never will smoke again.

This is exactly what I can't figure out, the whole, smoker/non smoker relationship factor. Even if my g/f or wife were the hottest babe on the planet, I just couldn't do it.

I tried a few cigarettes when I was younger, only because I was curious and wanted to see what it was like. I didn't really like it and haven't smoked since. I really want my father to quit smoking, because I am really worried about his health. Recently, he has reduced his usage, but I wish he would just stop. I love him so much. I just don't want to lose him too soon.

:wacko: I still love him and I quit after I married him and before our child. Now, it is hard to have a smoker around even though he smokes no where near me or our daughter. He brushes his teeth 10 times a day but I still hate it but I can't kick him out of the marriage....

i swear i already wrote a reply to this. but, maybe not. i used to smoke like 3 cigarettes a day at most. until i got pregnant. now, i cant stand the smell or thought of smoking at all.

Ugh, health risks aside, smoking just grosses me out -- it bothers my allergies and my dry eyes, and it smells disgusting! I hate going into restaurants or gas stations or anywhere else where people are smoking. It just never even occurred to me to try a cigarette until I was old enough to know better -- fortunately I never had any friends who tried to peer-pressure me into trying one when I was younger!

Of all the bad things I've ever wanted to do, smoking is not one of them. I have never smoked, and I never will. It's just not tempting to me at all.

My dad is 47 years old, and he's been smoking since the age of 8. I've lived around this all my life, and I think that's why I've never wanted to touch a cigarette. I hate how he smells like smoke, and he has the grossest sounding smoker's cough.

I hate it for him and I wish he'd quit, but it's definitely saved me.

I don't smoke, but when I was 10 me and my friend Charlotte stole one of her mum's cigarettes and tried to light it, but it wouldn't light. That was my one [failed] attempt at smoking.

I was at my doctor's today and I got Zyban. I'm going to start taking it on Monday. Hopefully, it will help me and my skin will look better too!

I do, and I've quit before, but it's never stuck. I really want to quit, except it doesn't help my DH smokes and he's not ready to quit. When there's two of us, it'd help if we quit together. I was prescribed Wellbutrin once, but it made me a zombie (although I was also on Zoloft at the time). Believe it or not though, the smell of someone else's smokes makes me gag! I know it stinks, and I can smell it on myself and others... Should we start a support group for those of us who smoke and want to quit???

What's crazy is that I just took a course in school on drugs and alcohol. I know cigs have over 4000+ chemicals in them, but I was amazed to know it only takes 10 seconds for the nicotine to reach the brain, and that's really all one needs to feel at ease... The rest of the cig is just smoked because, and that's what causes us to need more and want them more often since we're getting more nicotine in our system and it needs to maintain that level to stay at a normal pace (per se)...

don't smoke, never will..iam helping my bro to stop...don't know when he can... :wassatt:

i don't smoke at the moment...but i used to be a chain smoker. once in a while when all i need is a damn cigarette to make me feel better, i'll have one.

My Mom never smoked. Her older sister and younger sister do. She looks way younger than them. Her skin looks so much better than her sisters'.

As for me, I only smoke when I go out which is not very often.

guilty. i havent for like pretty much the whole year so far. but i will i know when finals come around in mid june. im one of those who smokes under stress.

i hate to say that i'm a smoker and have been since the the age of 16 & i'm 21 now. recently, i have been having some 'womanly issues' & it's come to the point where i have no other choice but to quit because it increases my chances of getting cancer by 70% compared to someone who doesn't have my 'issue'. i'm at a loss right now,but i've seen the proof that it's making things worse. i'm such an anxious person &i just don't know what to do. but i am soooo afraid that if i don't stop now, my condition will worsen &i won't be able to have children in the future. if you have any advice, please let me know.

Guilty. And it sucks. Reading all the comments makes a person feel even worse about it. For those of you who have never smoked you are lucky. It is an addiction that follows you for the rest of your life. I have smoked off and on for over 20 years. it makes me shutter to think of it like that. I have quit for years at a time but it has always drawn me back at different tiimes in my life. I liken it to being an alcoholic, you can never have just one, even if you haven't had one in years because it worm it's way back into your life.

I will quit again and hopefully this time I will have learned my lesson. It's a horrible nasty addiction. It costs big bucks, smells bad, villifies you anymore.

Maybe it will just become illegal. It seems to be headed in that direction.

i don't smoke anymore--i just woke up one day like 2 years ago and realized how gross it was and how expensive too!! from that day i've never smoked again and the smell makes me nauseous now

I quit in August at the same time I met my boyfriend... I smoked out of boredom and I smoked due to stress and I smoked when I drank alcohol or coffee or when I sat at the table with my sister or when I drove. Now I am happy and not bored and not stressed and I rarely drink and I can't stand my sister and I'm on the pill, so I gained weight. Because of all these circumstances I now have the fattest butt in town. Cigarette smell grosses me out and I can't believe I used to smell that way but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

Latest posts

Back