Ok, let's be honest... who smokes in here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an anxious,antisocial smoker--meaning, I don't smoke just to be part of a group and relax and blend in;I smoke when I feel as if I absolutely HAVE to have a cigarette,or die--it gets that vile and extreme. Wanting/wishing to be invisible, I'll sit in the back yard and smoke all by myself, hunched over, ashamed, miserable to be back in this low state of despair.Fortunately my husband hates the smell of smoke and the act/repurcussions of smoking both enough that I actually smoke very rarely--I go thru maybe a pack and a half a year.And his anger at me for smoking isn't half what my own is, for it. No matter how little I may now smoke,any addiction can grow, and I've wanted to quit completely for years. I'll keep trying...

I don't smoke and never dit.

I hate it when ppl smoke around me. Especially when my hair has just been washed and smells so good

I don't smoke and probably never will. I have never really had any huge desire to smoke them. Both of my parents smoked cigarettes. My mom quit about 15 yrs ago and I'm pretty sure my dad still does. He just doesn't smoke in the house. I wish he would stop smoking all together but, he's a grown man and I really can't tell him what to do with his money and body. I don't have a problem with people who smoke, I just hate the smell of it. I hate being around it and it makes me sneeze and my eyes get all itchy and watery. I can definately tell someone who smokes. Everything reeks of it. Well, good luck to those who are trying to quit. I'm sure its a tough battle and a hard habit to break.

I will speak honestly, I used to smoke and now I have totally quit!! I only had a few a day, 3-5 cigs at most.

To each their own, I am not against smoking, I just don't anymore!

But since I love my MuT ladies, I would love to see you quit LOL!

MUAH*

I don't smoke. I learned from experience. I tried a drag from my friends cig and I gagged and choked and couldn't breathe and my throat hurt so bad afterwards. I learned right then and there that smoking was not for me. I'm so glad it's not either. I hate smelling like cig smoke. I can't really breathe either when people smoke around me either.

I used to smoke, but I am over it. Started with 12 and i had my last cigarette with 19

Nope, never have and never will. The guy I'm seeing used to have a 20 a day habit but he's cut down to 1 or 2 a day.

I don't smoke and never did, the thought of smoking was scared out of me in elementary school when they showed us pictures of the lungs of smokers.

I find cigarettes disgusting. They smell bad and can cause health problems. I also can't stand it when I see a pregnant mother (or parents that already have kids) smoking.

I don’t smoke and I never did.

I don't smoke. I think it's really selfish in certain circumstances, like if you smoke in your home and have children and an SO who all hate it and have asthma. It smells bad to me and I'd much rather spend my money on other things that won't shorten my life. Seeing someone in my family smoke 3 packs a day for so long has made me realize that I'm not going to smoke.

I smoked for about 5-6 years, now that I think about it I started pretty young. I stopped when I found I was pregnant, and haven't smoked since. So it has been about 2years. Unfourtantly, I can't get my boyfriend to follow my lead

I started smoking 3 years ago exactly! I despised smoking prior to beginning. It all started with stress. My ex fiance and I had major problems and then my dad passed away. I suppose you could say I completely collapsed and started smoking. I smoked so much! Recently I've cut down to the point I rarely smoke.

It's an awful habit...but when you're down in the dumps anything is possible.

Two things helped me stop smoking as much.

1) I used clear plastic filters that filtered out 75% tobacco. Just seeing the tar like liquid filling up in the filter as I smoked made me want to stop right away. However, it didn't get rid of the addictions.

2) Addictions started to lessen when I started working out and running. I started running every night and after running the LAST thing I wanted was a cig!!

Those are a few things I did. Not sure they will work for everyone. Could give it a try. =]

-Sarah

I'm not a smoker...I have always been a casual smoker but the last time i touch a ciggy was 5 years ago. I will only light up if i'm up in the snow.

Today is day 16 of not smoking for me! I can't believe it, I have not gone this long since I started at 14. I am on the patch and it works, everyday gets easier. This was the 5th time I tried quiting. I miss it but had to do it for my future (have some health concerns).

Good for you!!! I have an Uncle who quit 6 times and now hasn't smoked in 20 years. He said you never give up because that last time you quit might be the time that it works.

I don't smoke and I don't like the smell around of tobacco smoke around me, I am so pleased you can now walk ionto a club or anywhere and not leave with the stench of tabacco in your hair and clothes. I do feel for those who do smoke are attempting to give it up, its gotto be really hard, well done to those who have succeded.

Latest posts

Back