Okay, talk to me 2.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, there is always sites like Meebo.com for chatting. That's why I got a sidekick phone so I could use the net on that whenever.

Rosie, that made me sad reading your ex problems. Never a brownie point for his ass.

I'm going to the Kanye West concert tomorrow, woop. I'm excited. BUT I gotta do my sister's makeup for her 8th grade dance and it's the last day of work too. I'mma stress getting all that done in a few hours and drive off for nearly 2 hours to the concert, ugh.

meebo is blocked, my stalking days are over. I just took the net off my phone so i wouldn't be messaging people i'm not supposed to. Trying to avoid drama that i bring on myself.

Have fun at the concert! Post pics of the makeover!!

HAHA! That sucks... Nick, it's time to admit you have a serious problem.

I use facebook just for that too anyways - will admit, spying on my ex and stuff. Nosey!

Hi, I'm Nick and I'm a stalker. lol. Okay this is the slowest work day of my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm selecting what clothes i keep and clothes i throw away. i keep stuff i used to wear a few years ago. the funniest part being i can still wear it with less breasts and belly
lol.gif

still seing that cute little blue pullover made me seriously consider i should take more care of myself and eat better.

Jess, isn't that a good thing?

I didn't really think of it like this, but today is my last day as an undergraduate... If I pass this semester then I'll officially be a graduate student! and then, when I start my masters I'll be a post-graduate student!

It's kind of scary, isn't it?

Completely worth it though Rosie
smile.gif
Think of everything you've achieved in the past 4 years!

haha, I'll be Miss R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist.Cult & Mu. Studies.

AND THEN! 2 years from now I'll be

Miss R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist. Cult & Mu. Studies, MA Mu. Studies.

AND THEN.. (maybe) 3 years after THAT I'll be

Dr. R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist. Cult & Mu. Studies, MA Mu. Studies, PhD in Mu. Studies

Phew. or maybe not. The Undergrad was hard enough
plain.gif

lol I always get so confused by all those abbreviations! If you study anymore your brain will explode! lol

You kinda remind me of me neighbour Sonja, she is currently doing her THIRD degree, and then wants to do a PhD and knowing her, she'll find another degree she'll want to do after that, she is addicted to studying. I wish I had that much stamina lol

haha, I'm not addicted to studying, but I figure I should get it all out of the way as soon as I can.

Omg, one of the guys who used to work here came to collect his mail. He also asked me to go out for drinks (second time he's asked). This guy was a colleague of the guy who I suspect spiked my drink just after I started this job. Like, um, NO?!

Its very quiet in the office since it's the friday before the long weekend, and i was just praying someone would come out so I wouldn't have to keep chatting to him. You know how some people invade your personal space? eek I feel all shivery thinking about it. He's attractive, but I just don't get a good feel about him after that incident.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, I'll be Miss R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist.Cult & Mu. Studies.
AND THEN! 2 years from now I'll be

Miss R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist. Cult & Mu. Studies, MA Mu. Studies.

AND THEN.. (maybe) 3 years after THAT I'll be

Dr. R Shaw, BaBSc Nat. Hist. Cult & Mu. Studies, MA Mu. Studies, PhD in Mu. Studies

Phew. or maybe not. The Undergrad was hard enough
plain.gif

typically, you'd only list your highest credential. also, as i understand it, higher studies leads to a masters of science in your field, so you'd go from:
R Shaw, BSc-BA

to

R Shaw, MSc

to

R Shaw, PhD

doctor is merely a salutation. when verbally addressing somebody with a PhD, i'd call them doctor or professor, but i've never seen anybody list Dr as their title. it simplifies writing your name for us, immensely.
laughing.gif

regardless, if you stay the course, then they'd be awesome accomplishments.

Actually, in OZ they may do things differently. The US model is as you say, but Europe is different and I would guess Australia is different also. She will be Dr. Rosie to me, but no matter what, she will always be Mommy to Willum.

haha, very true. I think you're probably correct about only listing the highest acchievement normally, but I'm not sure how it would work since my undergraduate degree is a double degree, half sciences and half arts, whereas my post graduate degree is neither arts or science. So, if I only listed my masters, they wouldn't know that I have qualificiations in 2 other areas.

Speaking of willum, he is very close to finishing his BSc in Chewing, Climbing and Hiding at the moment
plain.gif

LOL

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Speaking of willum, he is very close to finishing his BSc in Chewing, Climbing and Hiding at the moment
plain.gif

LOL

This is Willum's cousin Riley, who has already finished his degree.
main.php

haha ! that's so cute !

my cat was having so much fun yesterday ! like

you kept screaming and beign mad at me whenever i scratched the wallpaper in Mag's room, but you take it all off now
frown.gif

oh, but look at those piles of paper ! yay!! (my cat loves paper, especially uni stuff -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />°)

mom's skillet burnt my crepes

i need to go back to work as i haven't finished taking off all that wallpaper.

The Kanye West concert was.... okay to good.

I got exceptionally good seats for my ticket price - by the stage and was visible enough to see their faces. Compared to the people we came with who spent $180 each on floor tickets... row 24. So I think we were closer, they just had better visual of the whole thing and paid $50.

Anyways, so Lupe Fiasco performed and we didn't realize it was him until his well known songs came on. I liked his show, very relaxed. Then N.E.R.D. which is perhaps my favorite performance from the show. Then Rihanna... she was okay. Nothing spectacular, but she's really pretty in person. Crazy how much she looks the same. Her costumes were freaky as hell. Looked like wrapped condoms.

Kanye was really good. I mean, if you're a HUGE fan of his - he gave a SHOW. Very beautifully made and had a story line to go with. It was just him, alone, on the stage - very Kanye. He dances ugly though. And he went on loooong... kinda wanted him to stop. Haha.

Guess it was worth my money... I think I'm past the concert-faze, tbh.

wow that's a bargain. Shows are always a lot more expensive in australia for some reason...

Latest posts

Back