Okay, talk to me 2.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the craft fair today..

I bought a whole stack of gorgeous fabric squares in 'asian' style themes - in certain parts of Asia there are myths about the 'moon rabbit' which is why rabbits are so common in Asian art - I got some really cute fabrics with bunnies dancing all over them!

the other pattern has fireflies all over it.

The colours the quilt will be (at the moment) is red, dark blue and a kind of beige... I'm going to do a star pattern. I just have to decide how I'm going to arrange the colours so they are evenly spread across the quilt.

Abby, quilting isn't that hard, especially if it's plain squares. I was surprised how easy it is. But maybe I'm not doing it right - my mum and I kind of just did what we felt was right, haha!

The worst part is all the calculations - you have to add in seam allowances around the outside of every shape you cut - which has to be at least 1cm wide. I'm terrible at maths so it took me ages to add up all the seam allowances and figure out how much fabric I needed.

I almost forgot to say - at the moment i am around 35 rows and some seaming away from finishing my sweater! woohoo!

I filled out my first job application today.
smile.gif

cleaning off tables at bill batemans, this little place near my house.

they just fired somebody, and i applied like 5minutes after they fired this guy, so..

haha, i'm hoping they'll be in need because i need job, pretty bad.
frown.gif

That craft fair is awesome Rosie, I've been quite a few time with my Mum. She is a quilter, so when we go to those things she's like a kid in a candy store lol Here's a quilt my mum and her quilting group made me for my 18th birthday. They did what is called a "round robin" my mum did the centre piece then each member of the group took turns to do a row..and voila a quilt.

IMG_1258.jpg

I've made a few quilts myself, the basic square ones are ok, it's once you start doing things like triangles/stars/round shapes it can get tricky! As far as the calculations go.. that's what Mummy is for
smile.gif
lol Now that you're starting a new quilt, I'm inspired to do another.. haha

Ooohhh you might like this online store Rosie.. Duckcloth - Fresh fabric for print & pattern lovers!

bec, that is gorgeous! I love the butterflies! so cute!

that site had some really cute patterns on it!

I'll have to take photos of the cute fabrics I bought to show you guys.

The craftshow had some cute patchwork bag kits, if you're looking for a small project. Let's face it, quilts are a big undertaking - this will be my second, and it needs to be bigger than the last to make sure two people can fit under it with lots of overhang! - not that I have a second someone to share it with at the moment!)

I still have that damn sweater to finish... theres not much left, but I had a free lancome facial this morning and tonight I went to see sex and the city so there wasnt much time for knitting
frown.gif

just ate two bananas. yum.

couldn't find some papers, no more ink or paper in the printer, guess i'll have to do as planned, no master 2 for me next year. gonna kill my parents because i was suddenly motivated to send it. oh well. there's the breton lessons i wanted to take next year, we'll see. or japanese but it depends if i have a year-long job or not as it's really expensive (it's a job i applied for, selling stuff at Matsuri a japanese restaurant, still got no answer but fingers crossed).

grrr. this morning my mom jumped in and almost accused me of stealing a paper according to her false logic was supposed to ocme with her magazine. three tiems i tell her nothign came with her issue, and she doesn't beleive me. what's the poitn of even sking me the first time if she has already made up her mind ?

i hate when my parents jump to conclusions. then clean this, clean that. oh funny i thought i was supposed to work for my exams ? no way i do everything.

anyway, morning rant.

I'm quickly checking MUT at work whilst my boss has gone out...ssshhhhh! lol I haven't been on much in the last dew days, I have been so busy at work and then I was in the city from Saturday night on, so I haven't had much of a chance of getting on here.

I hope everyone is doing well
smile.gif
How is everyones day going?

I've been applying for jobs like crazy too. I haven't heard back from anyone... and I HAVE EXPERIENCE, lots! I don't understand it, I'm so frustrated. My boyfriend is coming to see me in 40 days (wooo!!) and I go back to school soon in Europe and I'm BROKE.... I'm a bit stressed... anybody else?
frown.gif

I'm not too bad... I have a work course on thursday - all day excel course. Blah. They're having massages at work and I will miss out
frown.gif

(we get them every month to two months though so I'll look forward to the next one.)

I finished my cardigan on saturday! I havent had time to take photos yet though..

You am me both Bec, I'm at work too, its cold and wet and quiet and I just want to go home light a fire and keep warm. Anyways I will look forward to this weekend as I may get to go out on Friday night. It depends if my sons overnight camp proceeds or not.

Hope everyone else is having a good day
smile.gif

my my my, the mess, we're organizing closets in our next apartment, Ikea has great stuff but everything has to be bought separately so it really adds up and it's gonna cost us money. but at least i have determined what i want.

oh I would love to choose the components of my wardrobe!

mine was put in when I was too young to know what I'd need, and it is completely useless. Not even half enough shoe space, never mind clothes!

I love Ikea! I just hate building stuff.

Oh no, it's 3 AM here. Staying up late and cramming during finals week has really throw off my sleeping cycle.

same... well not study, but just stuff generally. I find I'm going to sleep around 1:30 and then I want a nap at around 3pm.

Most inconvenient. LOL

I'm so sleepy and sore still. Blah.

But I'm heading to frisco with the family... should be good, if I'm not so cranky because of lack of sleep.

we spent the weekend cleaning up the place for her friends to come over and stay the night. the place looks great! now we just have to keep it that way.

on a side note, i have to travel up to seattle today and return the next pm. not looking forward to it at all. i'd rather stay home.

blah. i need to work for my exam tomorrow. and i'll also need to write to a consumers' association about mom's sheets, she ordered them in february and so far we only received half of the order. bothers me, even if i find commercial law very entertaining lol.

i played with my cat, she scratched on my hand. blah, my skin's so thin it's gonna take time to heal, hopefully won't leave a scar, and it hurts. add to that my hands are a bit dry lately.

can't find any bandaid so i have to use cotton and a gauze bandage to hold it in place.

Latest posts

Back