Okay, talk to me 2.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of cleaning...

I need to clean and organize the house. My brother, sister in law and two nephews are visiting the first week of August. The place isn't that messy but I need to organize stuff etc, ack!

I guess I'm going to be a grandma.
wink.gif
My female platy fish had babies again. I discovered three fry. She probably had more but the adults eat them when their newborns. Last month she had babies and one survived and is getting larger. It looks like a female. Its small but she tries to copy the adults behaviour lol.

aww, congrats grandma! that is so exciting! I remember when our fish spawned - just regular gold fish! it was crazy. They really loved each other, but none of their babies survived
frown.gif

Awww.. that is so sad. Did the adults eat them?

I was told to capture the babies and put them in a baby tank clipped to the side of the tank but apparently it stresses them out.Especially when the adults swim up and stare. I have plants, fake logs etc so I guess its less stressful when they can hide.

No, the adults didn't eat them, they just didn't live very long. I've heard that about the baby tank too!

It was funny, their mum was a standard goldie, and daddy was a white boggle eyed fan tail. Very odd little creatures. I would have liked to have seen them as adults.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im bored and hungry, sadly, im always hungry
frown.gif
Me too! I'm hungry also. What are we going to eat?
smile.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, the adults didn't eat them, they just didn't live very long. I've heard that about the baby tank too!
It was funny, their mum was a standard goldie, and daddy was a white boggle eyed fan tail. Very odd little creatures. I would have liked to have seen them as adults.

That would be an interesting to see how they young ones would look like especially with the two different adult species.
I heard many of the fry don't live. Either they are eaten or just don't live due to weakness. I guess they call it survival of the fittest.

I'm heading off to bed. Tired. It takes very little to tire me out these days so I better get some rest.

I hope everyone has a good night!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Steak, again. All i like to eat is steak, bread, and mustard
Too bad no cocktail with the steak bah humbug

Yum! Steak, bread and mustard sound delicious! That sucks about the cocktails but I know your pregnant. Think of all the celebrating you can do once baby is born.
smile.gif

oh man I'm with shelly. I could murder some steak bread and mustard!

maybe I could have that cocktail for you?
smile.gif

So I am going to a roller derby bout tonight....I might join the team!

Anywho, we'll see if I get scared away!

saw my best friend [six months we didn't see each other !], she bought me some cute earrings i fell in love with (small blue flowers
smile.gif
) and my parents paid the chinese restaurant. yum !

phew ! cleaned my window, that wasn't difficult but it took me osme time, i really hate how pollution makes everything dirty.

lol. i can't take a nap, but i love staying in bed as long as i can in the morning, when i'm still in that zombie/half sleeping state. that is, only during holidays, the rest of the time i can't.

yay ! my best friend got her master in biology, and she needs a diploma in economics, so she's still thinking about it, but next year she might be in the same uni as me. that would be great !!

that would be very cool!

Ugh, I'm sick of being the only one in my group studying. They all earn full time
frown.gif

one of my closest friends just bought an apartment with her boyfriend. Like, EEK! they're all moving on and I'm still at home with mum n dad
frown.gif

exactly. I mean I wont finish until 2010, and then I'll have to get a job and I won't be able to afford to move out until I've saved a little... I'm going to be at home until I'm like 75 at this rate!! lol

and my friend has saved up like $42 000 since she was 18!!! and if I'd been working full time all that time like she has I'd probably have nothing, so I guess in a way it's good I'm studying, at least I have an excuse to be poor...

Leaving home, (eventually) quitting university, moving into my own place and getting a full-time job were the best thing I ever did. Sometimes just giving yourself a push to get out there and be independent can be the kick-start you've been waiting for.

It's not the best thing for everyone however and I sometimes regret not just holding out until I graduated. I have nothing to show for my years at university and I feel that I'm no better than a shelf-stacking waster without a degree. I've always hated the thought of not being seen as somewhat intelligent and I know that a degree isn't everything but I feel I need it. I need to feel that I am something, that I'm more than average. I can't think of how to word this properly but at school I was always near the top of the class and I freak out at the thought of being less than that in real life/my career as well.

hopefully this will be my last year, if i pass my exam, and it's gonna be tough. i'd be out of the nest in jan. 2010. as much as i love being a student, i feel it's time for me to be independent. although i kind of fear that too. contrary to you Rosie, i'll have a job, judge is a civil servant job, so i'll get a special status, and get paid. ack, then it will be a bit more than 2 years of training before i'm a real judge.

blah, i'd also like to find someone to warm up the bed for me, something bigger than a cat, and less fluffy, lol.

Back