OMG!! New Urban Decay Palette! Alice in Wonderland!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I will get this and mostly because ive always wanted a BoS and I can afford one right now. lol Lol, don't be too sad if you missed the BoS, because i think with just one palette we'll have enough eyeshadows to last a really good while
laughing.gif

I have heard the colors are pretty much the same as the Book of Shadows 2, do you think they are? I don't want to buy it just for the packaging.

I don't think the colours are too much like BoS II. Some are quite similar but the shades Underland, Alice & Queen alone make this palette worthwhile. They are just beautiful!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have heard the colors are pretty much the same as the Book of Shadows 2, do you think they are? I don't want to buy it just for the packaging. Yeah I am having 2nd thoughts also because of that...

Im pretty sure some are similar, i think if you havent bought one yet then this is a good one to get. If you want a collectors item then i would get it too. Otherwise I would skip it.

Its just that if I buy the Ammo palette then I practically will have all the colors and that palette costs $39 with a full size UDPP. That's why I am having 2nd thoughts... =P

Now i'm having second thoughts as well.

I bought the Ammo palette in a promo, sold with a FS UDPP, needless to say i haven't opened the mini from my BoS.

Zero and Flipside, i already have them, they're new, i don't need more pencils.

I just saw the shades on the website, of the 16, i already have eleven :

Oraculum (Baked) : Get Baked palette

Queen (Last Call)+Chessur (Chopper)+White Rabbit (Polyester Bride)+Wonderland (Maui Wowie)+Curiouser (Grifter)+Drink Me Eat Me (Sin)+Jabberwocky (Oil Slick) : Ammo palette

Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again)+Absolem (Homegrown) : BoS vol II

Mad Hatter (Twice Baked) : Get Baked+BoS vol. II.

So you get lots of pinks and golden shades in this palette, and the other e/s that interested me is Alice (painkiller), but i already own enough teals i don't absolutely need it.

So the more i think about it, the less it seems i will get it, i prefer to spend the money in the other new stuff.

I feel i would buy this palette only for the pop up part, as pop up books were always my favorite as a kid (and in fact, i do have a pop up Alice in Wonderland book).

I will only keep the list of names just in case i find a tutorial with these names.

You know, I am going to skip this. There are no LE shades in this. I can easily get everything from this palette from palettes already on my wish list. As much as I love the packaging, I swore to myself this year I would not get sucked in by hype or packaging.

My problem is when I think of a Alice in Wonderland palette, I can see bright but deep matte colours. No satin, no shimmer, no metallic shades.

I have BoS II but the fact that this palette is so collectible makes me want it, even if I don't use it too much. It's just gorgeous and I spend a ton on makeup anyway. If I'm going to spend I'd like to get something pretty and this is gorgeous!

But then there's the fact I generally go for really OTT makeup and my BoS II won't last me THAT long I don't think so I'd love to have this as a backup of sorts. I'll use most of these colours on a day to day basis.

I'm just trying to justify getting it really, but I already know I'm going to have one of these in my possession if I have to kill somebody!

If you like OTT, will you like this palette? Half of the colors seem neutral to me.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you like OTT, will you like this palette? Half of the colors seem neutral to me. With the right combinations the colours can be aligned to contrast. There's also several GOSH & Barry M products I'd mix them with to get my favoured OTT look

Jajaja I am still thinking about it... I mean it really is a collectors edition so... and I only have the BOS II... what should I do???

arrgh what to do! i just got BoS II for christmas and i love it, it's my first UD palette. and now this comes out, it has 6 shades that the BoS already has, but they're the ones that i love, and a really nice purple colour and will cost me around £30 p&p inclusive? should i do it? i guess the individual shadows retail at around £10 anyway... so it's kind of worth it...

edit

i convinced myself on the basis it can be a nice backup for the shades in BoS II that i love. and also you get a blue 24/7 pencil. and that nice purple colour. LOL fingers crossed i can get hold of one!

Back