One Year of No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an awesome idea! Good luck with everything.
smile.gif

Best of luck Anna! I'm limiting myself to $50 a month, but I'm not sure if that'll include skin care or not. And if I even attempt at a no-buy, it'll be after January 15th so it's after my birthday, and I'd do it on a monthly basis LOL!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif yay!! another member of my cult err clan errr club.....
laughing.gif
...Just don't brainwash me and it'll be all good...

And, there are no rules on swapping during a no-buy, so if I really get a craving for new makeup that may calm it too!

Originally Posted by Lala7819 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...Just don't brainwash me and it'll be all good...
And, there are no rules on swapping during a no-buy, so if I really get a craving for new makeup that may calm it too!

muahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

good luck, i cant do it but i will try an cut down so when i want somethign im coming to you for reassurance!

Lol, I'm cutting back but not quitting cold turkey-- No way! Good luck to all of you who do this!

Oh gosh with all the new collections Mac puts out, I could never everr do that!! Good luck!! <3

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh gosh with all the new collections Mac puts out, I could never everr do that!! Good luck!! <3 im pretending the N collection doesn't exist. But if anyone wants to pick up some "back ups" to sell to me jan 1 09....i'm ok with that....

haha. nope. :] i dont have a makeup obsession anymore. i do not buy any eyeshadows anymore because i have so many already. but i do plan on buying some MAC from my cousin. that will be it for a long time. but really, good luck, & this certainly takes a strong woman to do it. ;]

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'll never use up what i have if i keep buying. Exactly! The only things I seem to get rid of now are things that have expired before I got to use them!
frown.gif
I'd like to know what it's like to actually run out of something that I don't have back-ups of.I admire you for going a year. I started in February and am going til July. Then I plan to restrict a lot.

I have horrible 'pack rat' syndrome as well, but I've made a lot of progress since I've been on a no buy for clothes, make-up, and shoes.

Everyone around me seems to think I'm needless punishing myself. *lol*

It's nice to find a few people who can relate or at least understand where I'm coming from, you know?
smile.gif

Back