OuiPlease [spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my box today and I received the exact same items as @@LindaF except for a different style bracelet. Sort of underwhelming last box of my annual sub. The only items I'm remotely excited about are the eye serum and the chocolate bars (and as always the black box everything is packed in!). I already have the Nuxe mask and find it kind of blah, I don't need another night cream, the colors of the scarf are rather drab, and I keep looking at the bracelet trying to figure out how someone came up with a value of $50 for it.

Au revoir Oui Please...

I can't believe so many people got the same box, and it's low value. Didn't they used to promise a $300 or $400 value?? I don't sub to this box, it's too expensive for me, and too much of a variation in what they send people. Plus the jewelry really isn't my style. 

I received my box today - same contents except for the bracelet which was different (I actually like it). 

bracelet.jpg

MET, I got that same bracelet and like it too.  I can't adjust it though and can't get it over my hand and I have small hands and wrists.  Is yours adjustable.  It is kind of cute, the only decent thing in the box if I can get it on, lol.  So glad this was my last box for the annual sub.  What a nightmare it was!  So not worth it.  Thanks for any info on the bracelet you may have on adjusting it. 

MET, I got that same bracelet and like it too.  I can't adjust it though and can't get it over my hand and I have small hands and wrists.  Is yours adjustable.  It is kind of cute, the only decent thing in the box if I can get it on, lol.  So glad this was my last box for the annual sub.  What a nightmare it was!  So not worth it.  Thanks for any info on the bracelet you may have on adjusting it. 
I also received that bracelet and I pulled the knots on the ends away from each other and that loosened it up to go on. I noticed it's not the same as the one in the book. I see there is some nice jewelry in there that is higher value and wonder who will get those and why do they have the Rubi & Cube scarves and clutches in there, doesn't look like anyone is getting those either. I had canceled and bought this box as a one time order with the discount because I thought it would be good, but nope, I'm done. I don't know how they can justify people buying the same box and giving someone a $140 piece of jewelry, while others get a $50 piece. 

You are right it is not the same one in the book.  I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.  Yes, very cheap and not worth even close to $50, but at least somewhat cute and I got it to adjust, thank you!  I would have preferred one of the nice cool silver pieces on that page (page 11) that nobody got.  Also, I don't see that tea either, lol.  Did anybody get a clutch or a Rubi Cube scarf?  Probably just the made up person on MSA that says they love this box, all of the clothing and candles, etc.  I never got any of those out of the 6 boxes I received, oh wait, the one actually cute t-shirt in an x-tra large that was too tight on me and I normally wear a small, lol.  Anyway, glad this nightmare cheap box is over!  I will never again pay a year up front for a brand new box without watching it for at least 6 months first.  Month to month yes, but not $600 up front.

It seems like a handful of people on the MSA forums got two different scarves, or a Rubi and Cube clutch - I actually got the expensive necklace, which was a huge shock, since my last four boxes have mostly been lotion. So much lotion...

aihutch, on 13 Apr 2016 - 5:28 PM, said:aihutch, on 13 Apr 2016 - 5:28 PM, said:I also received that bracelet and I pulled the knots on the ends away from each other and that loosened it up to go on. I noticed it's not the same as the one in the book.
That's exactly how I adjusted it.   OP has another sub box reviewer on their FB page and that person received a really nice bracelet and ring.

*edit - I am sad that it's my last box because I really have liked the contents.  With this box, it seems as if they were scrambling for items to include and that does not signal sustainability to me.  BUT if they are still around in a few months I may order one or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine! This is the last box of my annual sub and I'm glad I got the scarf and received the clutch, but I kinda wish I had gotten a piece of the silver jewelry or the arrow cuff as well. Even though I didn't get a jewelry item I still like the box though.

I've enjoyed this sub (except for shipping issues) and have used many of the items I've received so the value is there... Kinda want to sign up again, but I'm not sure...

image.jpeg

Hshaw05, on 13 Apr 2016 - 9:11 PM, said:
Here is mine! This is the last box of my annual sub and I'm glad I got the scarf and received the clutch, but I kinda wish I had gotten a piece of the silver jewelry or the arrow cuff as well. Even though I didn't get a jewelry item I still like the box though.
The clutch is really pretty - enjoy!  I will follow them and decide after box 2.2 whether I want to renew.

I got the same box as everyone else with the little leather bracelet...I have one more box to go in my annual sub and I have still not received "good" box. You know the one with the killer item hardly anyone got...

Following this thread has totally stripped me of any FOMO on this box and any desire to purchase it.

Here is a spoiler for the next box. Just wanted to pass the info along to anyone who might be interested

oui please spoilers 2.2.png

ouipleasebox_joiedevivre_subscribe-21.jpg

For all who have signed up for the May box, according to OuiPlease website and a reply I received on facebook, boxes are supposed to be shipping today!!!!  Yes, I signed back up for this box, the coverup is what really did it for me!!!!  I love the scarf, so the coverup has to be great!!!  I really hope that I got a tin of sweets in the box and not a tin of tea. 

yay for those who ordered!  I never got the scarf and have a bad taste in my mouth from the last 7 boxes so didnt sign up.  The coverups are amazing I am sure.  Guess they finally got things together.   Excited to see everyone's reveal. 

I finally received my Vol. 2.2 box today. It included a Sencha & Bourbon wrap/coverup... WITH SOME ELSE'S INITIALS ON IT. I am disgusted. So glad this is my last box with them.

Back