Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the lip quench code, the ipsy code, ALIGHT, email reminder 10% off code and a special code from troop swap (I would list that code if it didn't break troopswap rules) plus I got free shipping.
Thanks! I was wondering if I could use the lip quench code with the bb cream one but you answered my question :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received 4 perfume samples, body butter in french lilac (2.5 oz), coconut crushed pearl bronzing body butter (2 oz), coconut water cleaning wipes, lip quench in sugared fig, and natural soap in french lilac.

Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter-

This came sealed and 1/2 full. The tube says 2 oz and there looks like 2 oz of product. Tube is overly large. I think probably this and the Luminizing Body Butter are only filled half way. I am suppose to get the luminizing one in my Ipsy bag (if I EVER get my bag
icon_frown.gif
) so I can confirm then when I receive it.  I ordered this because I really wanted either this or the St. Tropez. With all the variations this month, I figured my odds of getting one of them was slim. ( I was right! )

I did a patch test of this on my leg. It smells wonderful! Very much like coconut. Very shimmery! I did one leg (bottom) half and didn't have any noticeable color difference. I might have sheered it out too much tho?

Body Butter in French Lilac

This was sealed also. Love this! If you like lilac scents, you will like this. Very fragrant! I bought the 2.5 size and the tube is slightly larger than the Bronzing Body Butter. Like the top seam larger. This appears to be full.

Coconut Water Cleaning Wipes

Mine came wrapped in a plastic bag so no spillage or leakage as others have reported. I haven't used these yet but I can smell them thru all the packaging. Mmmmmm....

Natural Soap in French Lilac

Another item that you can really smell thru the packaging. The soap is rectangle in shape, yellowish brown in color with specks of something (maybe the lilac?) on the top. The specks aren't thru the soap. The smell is lovely and I hope it doesn't fade when the specks are gone.

Color Quench Lip tint in Sugared Fig

This does have a sweet sugar smell to it. Berry in color that is buildable. Leaves lips with a rosy glow. Has that waxy feel that balms do.

SAMPLES (I haven't swatched these on my skin yet. This is my opinion from smelling them from the tin)

Lotus Garden- Probably my least favorite. Smells like lemon grass. Like someone squeezed a lemon over fresh cut grass.

California Star Jasmine-Sweet citrus smell. Reminds me of an orange.

Island Vanilla- Sweet vanilla with a hint of coconut. Maybe a slight hint of floral, Really like this one!

Waikiki Pikake- smells really floral with a hint of woodsy. Really like this one too. It's a unique scent.

The tins are filled 1/3 of the way but since it is a solid. I think they would last a while. I am not sure of the lasting power of these yet on me but happy I have a few to switch between.

Edit to fix grammar.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought some body wash and a few of the solid perfume samples with the ipsy code and free lip quench code.

I like the scents but the solid perfumes have little staying power on me. The scent is completely gone within 1-2 hours. Disappointing.
It's the same for me with the solid perfume samples. I think those are more to get an idea for the smell and if you like it (so you can buy the other products later on), than to use it as a genuine perfume on its own. Plus, I bet if you layer them with other lotions or scents, it would be better.

Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really wasn't impressed with the lip balm(free) but after using it daily now for  3 or 4  days I have received so many compliments on how pretty my lips look and plus how good my skin looks,which makes me feel good because I have been in poor health lately. So after me  blahhhing the free lip balm before now I'm eating crow lol. I love it. I cant wait til I get paid I want to buy a full size of the Seafoam.
I sure am glad you got a boost of confidence. i have chronic illnesses so I understand, hun. Yes, the seafoam  is wonderful! The sample even lasts a while because, as you obviously know, you only need a tiny bit to lather up your whole face and neck. I had two samples and I am still on my second one even though i have bought the full size. 

Also, are you all just crazy about the packaging? I think Pacifica has the most gorgeous designs and colors on their products and the packaging. it really makes me feel pampered when I get something so beautiful in the mail! I will be giving Pacifica gifts this year to many people. 

Wow all are using the forums perfectly for your business point of view. Good keep it up.
No, we are posting our personal point of view. We are not allowed to post on behalf of our business (if we own one) in the forums. If we post something promoting our business, it will be deleted per the MUT Terms of Service.

Has anybody with oily skin tried the seafoam face wash? I am interested because it is natural, but don't want it to break me out or make my face even oiler.

Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody with oily skin tried the seafoam face wash? I am interested because it is natural, but don't want it to break me out or make my face even oiler.
I'm interested in that too...and I have hella oily skin.

Has anyone used the BEAUTY20 code on more than one order? There's some questioning on the Ipsy thread whether it is one time use or you can use it more than once. I've used it once, and applied it to my cart on a second order that I haven't checked out with yet and it deducted with no errors.

Well they got me!!  This is the first time I ordered with the IPSY discounts they send,  I ordered from Pacifica and Zoya.  What a great bag and my second hasn't even arrived yet.

Good to know beauty20 can be used multiple times! I'm planning on a 2nd order once my 1st comes and I can see which of the samples I want more products in. I'm also eyeing that $25 face wash, cream & wipes set too and the luminizing body butter since it's back in stock. 

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received 4 perfume samples, body butter in french lilac (2.5 oz), coconut crushed pearl bronzing body butter (2 oz), coconut water cleaning wipes, lip quench in sugared fig, and natural soap in french lilac.

Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter-

This came sealed and 1/2 full. The tube says 2 oz and there looks like 2 oz of product. Tube is overly large. I think probably this and the Luminizing Body Butter are only filled half way. I am suppose to get the luminizing one in my Ipsy bag (if I EVER get my bag
icon_frown.gif
) so I can confirm then when I receive it.  I ordered this because I really wanted either this or the St. Tropez. With all the variations this month, I figured my odds of getting one of them was slim. ( I was right! )

I did a patch test of this on my leg. It smells wonderful! Very much like coconut. Very shimmery! I did one leg (bottom) half and didn't have any noticeable color difference. I might have sheered it out too much tho?

Body Butter in French Lilac

This was sealed also. Love this! If you like lilac scents, you will like this. Very fragrant! I bought the 2.5 size and the tube is slightly larger than the Bronzing Body Butter. Like the top seam larger. This appears to be full.

Coconut Water Cleaning Wipes

Mine came wrapped in a plastic bag so no spillage or leakage as others have reported. I haven't used these yet but I can smell them thru all the packaging. Mmmmmm....

Natural Soap in French Lilac

Another item that you can really smell thru the packaging. The soap is rectangle in shape, yellowish brown in color with specks of something (maybe the lilac?) on the top. The specks aren't thru the soap. The smell is lovely and I hope it doesn't fade when the specks are gone.

Color Quench Lip tint in Sugared Fig

This does have a sweet sugar smell to it. Berry in color that is buildable. Leaves lips with a rosy glow. Has that waxy feel that balms do.

SAMPLES (I haven't swatched these on my skin yet. This is my opinion from smelling them from the tin)

Lotus Garden- Probably my least favorite. Smells like lemon grass. Like someone squeezed a lemon over fresh cut grass.

California Star Jasmine-Sweet citrus smell. Reminds me of an orange.

Island Vanilla- Sweet vanilla with a hint of coconut. Maybe a slight hint of floral, Really like this one!

Waikiki Pikake- smells really floral with a hint of woodsy. Really like this one too. It's a unique scent.

The tins are filled 1/3 of the way but since it is a solid. I think they would last a while. I am not sure of the lasting power of these yet on me but happy I have a few to switch between.

Edit to fix grammar.
My cleansing wipes were also wrapped in plastic. Soaking wet, coconut scented plastic. lol

My cleansing wipes were also wrapped in plastic. Soaking wet, coconut scented plastic. lol
That's how my face wipes were. So I called them and told them that they weren't very wet anymore and the CS rep said she's sending me a new pack. But she wants me to send back the one I received so they can do some "research" on the problem...

Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well they got me!!  This is the first time I ordered with the IPSY discounts they send,  I ordered from Pacifica and Zoya.  What a great bag and my second hasn't even arrived yet.
Me too!  I have ordered from Zoya using the code and it is highly probable that I'm going to order from Pacifica too.

Thinking of ordering the Coffe scrub (can't remember the official name of it), the Vanilla rollerball (since I didn't get one in my May bag) and maybe more of the Coconut bronzing body butter since I did get that in my May bag and I really like it.  

The first time I used the Coconut bronzing butter my son came running up the stairs saying, "What smells like butterscotch?" LOL

Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's how my face wipes were. So I called them and told them that they weren't very wet anymore and the CS rep said she's sending me a new pack. But she wants me to send back the one I received so they can do some "research" on the problem...
I got the same reply. I'll be shipping them back later today along with the plastic & waterlogged cardboard sleeve. I have to wonder if it has something to do with them being flown to the East Coast. At least, I assume they are flown over since they only took 2 days to get here with no scans between Portland & Richmond. The box my order came in was also crushed on one end. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I went to Target and saw their Pacifica stuff but they were sold out of most of it. I REALLY want the face wash!!!

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too!  I have ordered from Zoya using the code and it is highly probable that I'm going to order from Pacifica too.

Thinking of ordering the Coffe scrub (can't remember the official name of it), the Vanilla rollerball (since I didn't get one in my May bag) and maybe more of the Coconut bronzing body butter since I did get that in my May bag and I really like it.  

The first time I used the Coconut bronzing butter my son came running up the stairs saying, "What smells like butterscotch?" LOL
The next order I make (whenever that will be and whenever they come out with another coupon code) I am SO getting the scrub. The reviews are great and it sounds amazing. I had it in my cart, but my order was already large as it was so I bit the bullet and removed it from my cart to make it $28 lighter 
icon_neutral.gif

My second order just arrived & I love everything!! This was my Total Beauty deal purchase, $25 for $50 worth of yum. I bought the Indian Coconut Nectar Holiday Wanderlust Collection, Tuscan Blood Orange Wanderlust Collection, Sea Foam face wash, and my 2 free solid samples are Sandalwood & Island Vanilla (since I'm convinced Ipsy won't send me the rollerball).

The Holiday Wanderlust Collections are AWESOME!! You get a rollerball, a full size body butter, & an oversized body wash (17 fl oz vs 8 fl oz full size version) for $28!! And the boxes they come in are SO pretty! I couldn't resist getting 2 of them since I had $50 to spend. Indian Coconut Nectar is the perfect beachy coconut scent I was searching high & low for all last summer. Too bad I didn't know about Pacifica then!

The Sea Foam Face Wash smells divine! I can't wait to try this out later! I love the Sandalwood perfume solid, you can definitely smell oranges in it but the sandalwood still takes center stage. This is now one of my favorite scents by them. The same can be said for Island Vanilla! To me it's pretty close to perfect for what I want from a vanilla scent. Warm and sweet without being sugary or candy like. Please, please, PLEASE be in my Ipsy bag!! 
scared.gif

Welp, it's official, I
heart.gif
 PACIFICA!! They need to come up with a pineapple scent next to fulfill my dreams of smelling like a tropical fruit basket! 
smiletongue.gif

Latest posts

Back