Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just to clarify, I need to have $50 in my cart before any discounts to get the free shipping? I thought that the free lip quench would count so that I only need $43 but that doesn't seem to work for me :/ ETA: also can't get the 10% code. Filled my cart and used to logout link but still nothing! What am I doing wrong?

The samples I got were

The  Tuscan Blood 

Orange......I just put some on,Its not bad but it does not smell like my body butter.

Sandalwood....it still stinks. It does not smell like any Sandalwood insense I ever burnt.

Spanish Amber...... Its strong but exotic,sensual. It reminds me of the old perfume Tabu.

I cant find my other two samples,the cat claimed them.

One was the  Hawaiin one.It was an odd smell. I guess I was expecting a scent like the old Avon Hawian Ginger perfume.

Help I cant fit my spell check in my screen. I get the page but not the place where I can correct my mistakes.

I liked the Sandlewood but it smelled more citrusy to me and less musk. I definitely didn't hate it. I put the Bali Lime on my 'like' list but the more I use it the more I like it.

The samples I got were

The  Tuscan Blood 

Orange......I just put some on,Its not bad but it does not smell like my body butter.

Sandalwood....it still stinks. It does not smell like any Sandalwood insense I ever burnt.

Spanish Amber...... Its strong but exotic,sensual. It reminds me of the old perfume Tabu.

I cant find my other two samples,the cat claimed them.

One was the  Hawaiin one.It was an odd smell. I guess I was expecting a scent like the old Avon Hawian Ginger perfume.

Help I cant fit my spell check in my screen. I get the page but not the place where I can correct my mistakes.

I'm waiting on my package anxiously...it is roaming around town...C'mon UPS...

Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No package today either.. my tracking did finally update and now it's in Federal Way, WA - it went the wrong direction! 
wtf.gif
This happened to my package as well, this is what they said when I emailed them about it. I'm pretty impressed with their customer service, they didn't have to explain it all out, but I like that they did.

"HI Sarah, 

First, thank you so much for being so patient as we work with the USPS to find your package and get it delivered. I have another update after talking with a Postal Service Consumer Affairs representative this morning. It's become pretty clear that they have been responsible for the delay of delivery of many of our packages -- we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.It seems that your package was one that unfortunately was sent to an incorrect sorting facility and was trucked across country, rather than flown. Since they treated the package as a parcel post there aren't updated scans as would be normal for our deliveries. They have assured us this won't happen again. I was also advised that I cannot re-send a package until 30 days past the order date (but will do so if you haven't received it by then!)I went through the list of missing packages this morning and was able to see that almost half have been delivered or are out for delivery today. What this means is that you should be receiving your package any day within the next week (depending on how recently you placed your order)."

Got my order. They sent the bronzing body butter instead of the luminizing one but am sure they will take care of it.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This happened to my package as well, this is what they said when I emailed them about it. I'm pretty impressed with their customer service, they didn't have to explain it all out, but I like that they did.

"HI Sarah, 

First, thank you so much for being so patient as we work with the USPS to find your package and get it delivered. I have another update after talking with a Postal Service Consumer Affairs representative this morning. It's become pretty clear that they have been responsible for the delay of delivery of many of our packages -- we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.It seems that your package was one that unfortunately was sent to an incorrect sorting facility and was trucked across country, rather than flown. Since they treated the package as a parcel post there aren't updated scans as would be normal for our deliveries. They have assured us this won't happen again. I was also advised that I cannot re-send a package until 30 days past the order date (but will do so if you haven't received it by then!)I went through the list of missing packages this morning and was able to see that almost half have been delivered or are out for delivery today. What this means is that you should be receiving your package any day within the next week (depending on how recently you placed your order)."
That happened to me 2! And I live in Portland.

After using my skin kit, 3 times I love how my skin looks, wooo hoooo. I am definatley going to buy it again.

So I got my order the other day Loving everything!!!

I got:

-The Brazilian mango grapefruit 1 oz perfume

- The body wash

-The body butter

-The rollerball

-The mini perfume solid as a sample

-The lip quench in sugared fig

I love the color of the lip quench! I wish I would have picked up more! The pigmentation is really great! Loving the way it makes my lips look

-

Their Island Vanilla smells amazing...very different than most vanilla.

Ugh, I'm so annoyed with the shipping right now. I got my notice on Monday and it only takes a day or two to get priority mail from Oregon to Los Angeles, but it had an estimated delivery date of yesterday, and as of today, it still doesn't show anything except that it's departed from WA.

I sent two packages on the same day on Tuesday, one to Washington, one to New Hampshire. The New Hampshire one was delivered yesterday (and it was just first class mail) and the Washington one spent two days in Federal Way, WA. That place needs to get its act together.

Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, I'm so annoyed with the shipping right now. I got my notice on Monday and it only takes a day or two to get priority mail from Oregon to Los Angeles, but it had an estimated delivery date of yesterday, and as of today, it still doesn't show anything except that it's departed from WA.

I sent two packages on the same day on Tuesday, one to Washington, one to New Hampshire. The New Hampshire one was delivered yesterday (and it was just first class mail) and the Washington one spent two days in Federal Way, WA. That place needs to get its act together.
Mine shows the same. Left Federal Way, WA on the 16th was due to me today but no updates. I'm not too worried though - that's a common path for my stuff to take (not a whole lot between the USPS shipping facility in WA and Anchorage unless they start teaming up with the Canadians! Haha!) so I figure it got delayed a day and I'll see it Monday. Typically it takes 2ish days for priority mail to get to me too but occasionally it gets delayed and takes 3 so I'll probably email if i don't see anything updated on Monday. 

I agree. I bought the body wash and body lotion and I'm obsessed with this scent.
Yay! I just ended up ordering the solid sample and bar soap in that scent but it was enough for me to know I love it. I ordered my big set in Guava but will need to get the vanilla one. I even had it in my cart and then took it out. Bah!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their Island Vanilla smells amazing...very different than most vanilla.
I so hope that I get this one in my 2nd Ipsy bag. I got Tahitian Gardenia in my first one and I do not like it at all. 

I so hope that I get this one in my 2nd Ipsy bag. I got Tahitian Gardenia in my first one and I do not like it at all. 
I got that one in my bag as well and it smells pretty strong. Maybe if we put it on first and then put lotion over it, it might mellow out.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*stomps around the room in ridiculous dramatic fashion*
dito.gif
  i wish there was a smiley throwing a temper tantrum.. 

Latest posts

Back