Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my order,I was very dissapointed.
icon_cry.gif
 The tins were tiny,nothing much in them and most STUNK. I was so pumped about the Tuscan Blood Orange body butter we got  from Ipsy but even my sample of Orange didn't smell good. The face kit was tiny. The seamfoam smelt amazing, the face cream stunk. A little goes along way thank goodness because there isnt a lot of product in those tiny tubes. The lip balm took 3 applications,But hey it was free right.

I paid around $20 for the face kit, lip balm,4 or 5 samples,that was less the actual price of the  face kit,all the rest was free.

The packaging was  very pretty but not impressed with the product.

I do like the feel of my face from the face kit though.
What samples did you get?

I got my order today! My body butter is definitely full...and it had a silver tab over the opening inside that I had to pull off before I could use it.
My body butter didn't have a silver seal like that. Hmm.

Recieved the first of my two Pacifica orders today!  1. Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes - These smell amazing! Very much reminds me of suntan oil which is fine by me! Unfortunately they leaked all over the rest of my order so the actual wipes don't have much moisture left in them. I will be contacting Pacifica about a replacement. 2. Lip Quench in Blood Orange - Smells juicy! I didn't notice any difference in my lip color but it feels great! 3. Lip Quench in Coconut Nectar - Smells like coconuts. Again, no difference in lip color. 4. Lip Quench in Sugared Fig - Smells nice, I like it. This one actually leaves a nice hint of color.  5. Waikiki Pikake solid sample - I really like this one! It reminds me of another scent but I can't figure it out. I can't wait to layer with this one! 
smilehappyyes.gif
5. Mexican Cocoa solid sample - I definitely smell the cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, & almond. A very warm scent. I feel like baking cookies now for some reason... 
chef_smiley.gif
6. Tibetan Mountain Temple solid sample - This smells like Vick's Vapor Rub to me. 
blink.gif
7. Spanish Amber - LOVE! I can definitely pick up the sandalwood & amber. This is going to make a sexy basenote in my layering experiments. 
add_twinkle.gif
My cleansing wipes also leaked all over the package. I'm going to contact pacifica.

Mine didn't come either! AND the tracking has not updated. What's up with that?!
Mine hasn't updated either! It still says expected delivery by May 15 = I'm pretty disappointed since it's just coming from Oregon to California!

I just got my order today... so exciting! Here is a pic of my 2 orders from Pacifica (a bunch of perfume tin samples, the Waikiki Pikake value set and the sugared fig lip quench)! I really like the lip quench.. it smells sweet, moisturizes and gives a hint of color. About the perfume tins, I was thinking how cute they are.. when I use them up, I will definitely use some of them as lip balm containers (I like making cosmetics for me and my friends sometimes)!
wink.gif

Oh and my body butter is full and foil sealed too!

I'm beginning to think the large ones (8 oz) are foil-sealed, and filled to the top, while the minis (2 oz) are less full, and therefore not sealed.

Did anyone get a sealed 2 oz, or an unsealed 8 oz?

I just made another order because the Malibu Lemon Blossom is addicting! I got the body butter and body wash. Love it!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just made another order because the Malibu Lemon Blossom is addicting! I got the body butter and body wash. Love it!
I really need to try out that scent! Everyone has been raving about it!

It is AMAZING. I ordered a full size body butter because the sample perfume was out of stock, and now I see why. Payday is next week, I'll be placing ANOTHER order, and malibu lemon blossom will be the first thing in my cart. Even the bf loves it.

I really need to try out that scent! Everyone has been raving about it!

My posts on these have been eaten up because they contained links, but I have a couple more things to share about Pacifica:

1. They're now offering a skin care package - full sizes of their face wash, day/night cream, and cleansing wipes for just $25. Combined with our ipsy code and the 10% off for completing your order, you'll wind up paying less than 50% of what you would have individually.

2. They're going to release more makeup. Right now, I think they're planning on releasing (or restocking) their Mystical eyeshadow palette (which looks really pretty, you can Google press photos of it) and their mascara by the end of the month, so we'll (hopefully) be able to use our codes on those. They also have a gel eyeliner, but that one's not going to be available until the first week of June.

I'm beginning to think the large ones (8 oz) are foil-sealed, and filled to the top, while the minis (2 oz) are less full, and therefore not sealed. Did anyone get a sealed 2 oz, or an unsealed 8 oz?
I bought both sizes in Tuscan Blood Orange at Target in February. They both had the foil seal.

Here;s my order - I ordered every single solid perfume sample out there and got a free sugar fig lip tint. I also happen to have Gardenia in full size; these tins are the same time as the full size tins with just 1/3rd the product. I think the quantity is sufficient for someone like me who gets bored easily! This should keep me amused for a while...

I am not a fan of the Hawaiian Ruby Guava (smells way too sweet and nothing like Guava) and the lip tint (smells weird/funny). Everything else, I am loving! 
smile.gif

I emailed customer service and got the scoop about some body butters with silver tabs and some without. Some of the newer tubes come with tabs from the factory while the older ones don't have them. I guess it's a shorter story than I realized. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Agreed about the customer service, though. All around fast shipping and everything. I totally love this company! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No package today either.. my tracking did finally update and now it's in Federal Way, WA - it went the wrong direction! 
wtf.gif

I'm beginning to think the large ones (8 oz) are foil-sealed, and filled to the top, while the minis (2 oz) are less full, and therefore not sealed. Did anyone get a sealed 2 oz, or an unsealed 8 oz?
I still have the Ipsy Tuscan Orange 2 oz and its sealed, but we were sent it a few months ago. Not sure if anything in packaging in the company has changed between then and now.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm beginning to think the large ones (8 oz) are foil-sealed, and filled to the top, while the minis (2 oz) are less full, and therefore not sealed.

Did anyone get a sealed 2 oz, or an unsealed 8 oz?
My 2oz was properly foil-sealed and barely half full.

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed customer service and got the scoop about some body butters with silver tabs and some without. Some of the newer tubes come with tabs from the factory while the older ones don't have them. I guess it's a shorter story than I realized. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Agreed about the customer service, though. All around fast shipping and everything. I totally love this company! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awesome thanks so much for getting the info!

My (2 oz) Island Vanilla was unsealed... but since it came in a box directly from their warehouse I'm not too worried about it.

Good to know all their packaging going forward will be sealed!

Latest posts

Back