Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Pacifica keeps bringing it. I think most other companies would save their promos until their mass sales are over, but they just put out a new skincare set that looks amazing:
http://www.pacificaperfume.com/value-collection/skin-care-trio-limited-edition-value-collection

It comes with full sizes of the Sea Foam Face Wash, Dreamy Youth Day and Night Cream, and Coconut Cleansing Wipes for just $25 (and they even remind you on that page to put in a code to get a free BB cream sample). If you combine this with the ipsy discount and the extra 10% off for completing your order, you're paying a little less than half the price of those items individually.

I'm still waiting for my order with the Good Karma Skincare set to come so I can try everything out first, but mindcaviar's been talking up the Pacifica face wash, so I'm definitely keeping my eye on this!

Ok guys.. I got my shipment today of all the samples.  Here are my 2 cents!!

Ruby Papaya Guava - Smells like grapefruit to me.. which to me smells like.. B.O?  It just has a sharp sharp note to it.  I will try it but not my favorite.

Indian Coconut Nectar - Very very soft smelling. Not strong on the coconut at all.  Almost a coconut vanilla.

Lotus Garden - Floral/Lemon smell.. I like it.  Very soft smelling.

Island Vanilla- Smells more floral than vanilla.  I can smell the vanilla but it def. isn't the major note.

Persian Rose - Very strong rose scent which I love.

Tibetan Mountain Temple - CHRISTMAS.. that's what it smells like to me.  Maybe nutmeg and pine.. Smell reminds me of egg nog.

Tahitian Gardenia - Very strong floral smell.  I like it. Not sure if it's a true gardenia but it's a nice smell.

Sandalwood - Very strong smelling.  Not sure if it's a true sandalwood because I don't have a reference.  It smells very "pine"y to me.

Spanish Amber - I'm not sure how to explain this.  I would say musky? but I'm not expert.  Smells divine.

Mediterranean Fig - Smells floral to me with a hint of herbal (again with the pine.. I'm so generic) but it's nice.

French Lilac - This scent I have owned before.  Very strong floral smell. I personally love this one.

Tuscan Blood Orange - Very sweet (not sharp) citrus scent.

Mexican Cocoa - Strange smell.  I think it's supposed to be the cinnamon-y chocolate smell.  It has a hint of sweet.. like sugar? Would be good for winter

Malibu Lemon blossom - More lemon than blossom.  Smells nice and clean.

Waikiki Pikake - Floral with a hint of musk (?).. LOVE

California Star Jasmine - Strong floral smell.  Made me think of shampoo.. I thought "I would love for my hair to smell like this after taking it down from a pony tail and getting that first waft"

Brazilian Mango Grapefruit - Ironically this does not smell like grapefruit to me.  Very fruity (mango) smell. 

I will say because of the depths of the tins and the small amount of product, they are not easy to get out.

Ok guys.. I got my shipment today of all the samples.  Here are my 2 cents!! Ruby Papaya Guava - Smells like grapefruit to me.. which to me smells like.. B.O?  It just has a sharp sharp note to it.  I will try it but not my favorite. Indian Coconut Nectar - Very very soft smelling. Not strong on the coconut at all.  Almost a coconut vanilla. Lotus Garden - Floral/Lemon smell.. I like it.  Very soft smelling. Island Vanilla- Smells more floral than vanilla.  I can smell the vanilla but it def. isn't the major note. Persian Rose - Very strong rose scent which I love. Tibetan Mountain Temple - CHRISTMAS.. that's what it smells like to me.  Maybe nutmeg and pine.. Smell reminds me of egg nog. Tahitian Gardenia - Very strong floral smell.  I like it. Not sure if it's a true gardenia but it's a nice smell. Sandalwood - Very strong smelling.  Not sure if it's a true sandalwood because I don't have a reference.  It smells very "pine"y to me. Spanish Amber - I'm not sure how to explain this.  I would say musky? but I'm not expert.  Smells divine. Mediterranean Fig - Smells floral to me with a hint of herbal (again with the pine.. I'm so generic) but it's nice. French Lilac - This scent I have owned before.  Very strong floral smell. I personally love this one. Tuscan Blood Orange - Very sweet (not sharp) citrus scent. Mexican Cocoa - Strange smell.  I think it's supposed to be the cinnamon-y chocolate smell.  It has a hint of sweet.. like sugar? Would be good for winter Malibu Lemon blossom - More lemon than blossom.  Smells nice and clean. Waikiki Pikake - Floral with a hint of musk (?).. LOVE California Star Jasmine - Strong floral smell.  Made me think of shampoo.. I thought "I would love for my hair to smell like this after taking it down from a pony tail and getting that first waft" Brazilian Mango Grapefruit - Ironically this does not smell like grapefruit to me.  Very fruity (mango) smell. 
This list is really helpful! I was waiting to see what people thought before ordering.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could anyone post pics of their sample tins with something next to it for reference? I shall use your pics to dry my tears LOL
LOL. No pictures, but the tins are teeny tiny. About 1 1/2" in diameter and a little over 1/2" tall. I think they are the same tins as the full size, just filled with 1/3 of the product.

Sadness 
icon_cry.gif
My order did not come.
Noooooo!!!!!  
y.gif
 that stinks!
I know. Boo. I need your pics to lift my spirits!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Just for you!

For some reason, the pic wouldn't embed in my post reply to your post. Stupid phone. So here it is. Lol sorry, some days the computer is MUCH smarter than me!

[SIZE=small]"Inspired by a surfing trip to Hawaii, this sexy and sultry tropical blend combines sweet, berry-like notes of Guava with a bright, citrusy top note of Pomelo and a warm and subtle Coconut base.[/SIZE]"

That explains the "smells like grapefruit" on the Ruby Papaya Guava... Pomelo!

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ruby Papaya Guava - Smells like grapefruit to me.. which to me smells like.. B.O?  It just has a sharp sharp note to it.  I will try it but not my favorite.

Indian Coconut Nectar - Very very soft smelling. Not strong on the coconut at all.  Almost a coconut vanilla.

Island Vanilla- Smells more floral than vanilla.  I can smell the vanilla but it def. isn't the major note.

Tibetan Mountain Temple - CHRISTMAS.. that's what it smells like to me.  Maybe nutmeg and pine.. Smell reminds me of egg nog.

Tahitian Gardenia - Very strong floral smell.  I like it. Not sure if it's a true gardenia but it's a nice smell.

Sandalwood - Very strong smelling.  Not sure if it's a true sandalwood because I don't have a reference.  It smells very "pine"y to me.

Spanish Amber - I'm not sure how to explain this.  I would say musky? but I'm not expert.  Smells divine.

Mediterranean Fig - Smells floral to me with a hint of herbal (again with the pine.. I'm so generic) but it's nice.

French Lilac - This scent I have owned before.  Very strong floral smell. I personally love this one.

Mexican Cocoa - Strange smell.  I think it's supposed to be the cinnamon-y chocolate smell.  It has a hint of sweet.. like sugar? Would be good for winter

California Star Jasmine - Strong floral smell.  Made me think of shampoo.. I thought "I would love for my hair to smell like this after taking it down from a pony tail and getting that first waft"

Brazilian Mango Grapefruit - Ironically this does not smell like grapefruit to me.  Very fruity (mango) smell. 

Just adding my opinions on these, since fragrance preferences vary so much:

Hawaiian Ruby Guava - The description mentions using a citrus note of pomelo, which is very close to grapefruit. But I mostly smell the sweetness of guava and it made my mouth water, LOL.

Lotus Garden - Yuzu is one of my favorite fruits and I adore jasmine, so I was bound to like this one. I'd say it's more citrus-y than floral with a little bit of a grassy smell to it.

Island Vanilla- The vanilla smell overpowered me. I tried a sniff of the body butter in the store today to compare how it might vary across different platforms and had to close the cap quickly. Seriously, it was like a punch in the face, I jerked my head away.

Persian Rose - I love this one. Usually I associate rose fragrances with that cheap stuff, but this is just floral and beautiful and made me understand why people value roses so highly.

Tahitian Gardenia - I don't know what gardenias smell like, but this was pretty and floral with a little bit of green in it. Smells nice, but I didn't think it was anything special.

Mediterranean Fig - I think "woody, green, and sweet" is a perfect description of this. Seems like more of a cold-weather fragrance (maybe it's the sandalwood?).

French Lilac - Smells like straight-up lilac. It's not as complex as the others, but it smells really nice and there's not a lot of lilac-based perfumes out there.

Tuscan Blood Orange - Smells like the body butter we got in January. But I prefer it in body butter form, I don't really know why.

Mexican Cocoa - The chocolate is the base and you can barely smell it. It smelled like amaretto to me. I was hoping for something a little spicy, but this was a pleasant surprise.

Malibu Lemon Blossom - Another love. I agree with you description completely: more lemon than blossom (so I don't think it belongs in the "Florals" section on the website), nice and clean. I was so happy they actually incorporated the "Malibu" in the name by making it smell just a little bit like saltwater.

Waikiki Pikake - Amazing. I've never heard of pikake before, but it's an incredible jasmine smell. And there's no mention of this in their description, so I'm a little worried I'm going crazy, but it also smells a bit like tea leaves. (I just looked the flower up on Wikipedia, and it mentions it's often used to make jasmine teas in China. Glad I'm not going crazy yet.) Anyway, I've been keeping this one in my purse since receiving my sample order, I just love it so much.

California Star Jasmine - I hated this one. I'm wondering if I got a bad batch, because it just smells musty and old to me. I didn't realize star jasmine was a plant that isn't related to regular jasmine, so I don't know what it's supposed to smell like.  wildsp187, maybe what grapefruit is for you is what star jasmine is for me? Because this one smells like b.o. to me.

Brazilian Mango Grapefruit - Mango definitely dominates, but I do smell the grapefruit. It just smells like the best of both combinations: sweet, fruity, citrus-y. And this one was another that made my mouth water, I'll have to try a mango and grapefruit salad if I can manage to find both in stores at the same time.

Anyway, Pacifica perfumes are designed (or at least advertised) to be good for layering, and I'm definitely looking forward to trying a few combinations. I think the French Lilac (because it's so straight-forward), Malibu Lemon Blossom, Lotus Garden, and Waikiki Pikake would play extremely well with others. And oh, what's that? There's a sale on these body butters? Don't mind if I do, haha.

Funny thing, noses... hehe.. My hair will smell like b.o to you and b.o to me makes your mouth water!

roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hawaiian Ruby Guava - The description mentions using a citrus note of pomelo, which is very close to grapefruit. But I mostly smell the sweetness of guava and it made my mouth water, LOL.

Lotus Garden - Yuzu is one of my favorite fruits and I adore jasmine, so I was bound to like this one. I'd say it's more citrus-y than floral with a little bit of a grassy smell to it.

Island Vanilla- The vanilla smell overpowered me. I tried a sniff of the body butter in the store today to compare how it might vary across different platforms and had to close the cap quickly. Seriously, it was like a punch in the face, I jerked my head away.

Persian Rose - I love this one. Usually I associate rose fragrances with that cheap stuff, but this is just floral and beautiful and made me understand why people value roses so highly.

Tahitian Gardenia - I don't know what gardenias smell like, but this was pretty and floral with a little bit of green in it. Smells nice, but I didn't think it was anything special.

Mediterranean Fig - I think "woody, green, and sweet" is a perfect description of this. Seems like more of a cold-weather fragrance (maybe it's the sandalwood?).

French Lilac - Smells like straight-up lilac. It's not as complex as the others, but it smells really nice and there's not a lot of lilac-based perfumes out there.

Tuscan Blood Orange - Smells like the body butter we got in January. But I prefer it in body butter form, I don't really know why.

Mexican Cocoa - The chocolate is the base and you can barely smell it. It smelled like amaretto to me. I was hoping for something a little spicy, but this was a pleasant surprise.

Malibu Lemon Blossom - Another love. I agree with you description completely: more lemon than blossom (so I don't think it belongs in the "Florals" section on the website), nice and clean. I was so happy they actually incorporated the "Malibu" in the name by making it smell just a little bit like saltwater.

Waikiki Pikake - Amazing. I've never heard of pikake before, but it's an incredible jasmine smell. And there's no mention of this in their description, so I'm a little worried I'm going crazy, but it also smells a bit like tea leaves. (I just looked the flower up on Wikipedia, and it mentions it's often used to make jasmine teas in China. Glad I'm not going crazy yet.) Anyway, I've been keeping this one in my purse since receiving my sample order, I just love it so much.

California Star Jasmine - I hated this one. I'm wondering if I got a bad batch, because it just smells musty and old to me. I didn't realize star jasmine was a plant that isn't related to regular jasmine, so I don't know what it's supposed to smell like.  wildsp187, maybe what grapefruit is for you is what star jasmine is for me? Because this one smells like b.o. to me.

Brazilian Mango Grapefruit - Mango definitely dominates, but I do smell the grapefruit. It just smells like the best of both combinations: sweet, fruity, citrus-y. And this one was another that made my mouth water, I'll have to try a mango and grapefruit salad if I can manage to find both in stores at the same time.

Anyway, Pacifica perfumes are designed (or at least advertised) to be good for layering, and I'm definitely looking forward to trying a few combinations. I think the French Lilac (because it's so straight-forward), Malibu Lemon Blossom, Lotus Garden, and Waikiki Pikake would play extremely well with others. And oh, what's that? There's a sale on these body butters? Don't mind if I do, haha.

I ordered a bunch of perfume samples and here are my thoughts.

Love:

Lotus Garden- This seems like a safe scent if you aren't sure what you would like but want to try them out, or you want to buy one for someone else.  It does have hints of citrus.

Malibu Lemon Blossom-LOVE!!!! It's lemony with a slight floral scent. It is a great mix of citrus and floral without being overwhelming.

Sandlewood- I didn't read the descriptions so I could just write what I think it smells like. This one is a musk mixed with orange/lemon to me. In a good way though. it smells really nice. I didn't expect it to have a citrus undertone. It smells great on the skin.

Like:

Persian Rose- I was not a fan of it when I first smelled it but I really like it on the skin. It smells like rose and not fake rose scent.

Tuscan Blood Orange- A strong orange scent and I agree I like it better in body butter form, maybe because it doesn't have other notes. It's strong orange.

Bali Lime Papaya- This one mainly smells like lime to me. I like it, but I don't love it.

All I know is after swatching all these my arms and wrists smell GOOD!!!!

I also bought the Coconut Cleansing wipes and they smell awesome, but I probably wouldn't buy them again. I just got them because I needed something to get to $25. They are thin and the pkg isn't very big for how much they cost. I really like them though! They cleanse the face and smell great doing it.

All in all I really like these products. When I run out I will likely re-order Lotus Garden and Malibu Lemon Blossom. They will all be perfect summer scents!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason, the pic wouldn't embed in my post reply to your post. Stupid phone. So here it is. Lol sorry, some days the computer is MUCH smarter than me!

Thanks! 

I'm enjoying hearing everyone's thoughts on the scents, super hoping my order shows up tomorrow!

Funny thing, noses... hehe.. My hair will smell like b.o to you and b.o to me makes your mouth water!

roflmao.gif
That is so true....Rose scents smell like BO to me, and you love the rose flavored one! LOL

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sadness 
icon_cry.gif

My order did not come.

Shipment Accepted
May 13, 2013, 2:42 pm
PORTLAND, OR 97208 

Expected Delivery By:

May 15, 2013 

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmationâ„¢
My tracking looks the same.. and the package didn't come either =( 

Gah, I think I'm going to wait until the end of the month before placing my next order to see what else Pacifica's going to surprise us with. They're saying on some Facebook comments that they're going to be releasing some eye makeup at the end of the month! I'd read about them developing a mascara, but I'm also really excited to see what else they're going to do.

(ETA: Oops, I should really pay attention. They released a sneak-peek of a gel eyeliner they're going to sell, but that one will be released at the first week of June.)

Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you ladies for these lists! I want to order some stuff but the only scent I've smelled is the blood orange, so I wasn't sure what else to get.

mine was supposed to come today too..... Aww. I ordered the Brazilian mango value set, plus the rollerball and the perfume solid. By the end of this, im going to smell like a walking mango. lol
yess.gif
think <---- but in the shape of a mango. lol

Today's birthday haul! With all the codes I got a 35 dollar order for around 19 bucks. Not bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The lip tints are AMAZING. The colors are similar, but the scents are so nice. Love the blood orange! The body butter was my consolation for not getting the vanilla roller in my bad. hehe. Smells yummy. I love the sample scents, but dang... they really don't give you much to sample, do they? Ah well. I liked all the ones I got: Waikiki Pikaki - my favorite. A pretty floral with something else thrown in. Mexican Cocoa - I want to eat or drink it. It's a very wam and comforting scent. Lotus Garden - smells like roses and lemons to me. It's a strong one, but nice. Star Jasmine - also strong, but jasmine usually is. love. French Lilac - straight up lilac. Very floral and pretty. Blood Orange - this is just a yummy scent! I am definitely getting one of the sets in this one. Did not care for Mediterranean Fig. I really wanted to love that one since I actually lived in the Med for a while and miss the figs! Just smells like a musty room to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If they want to do one for that area... I'd love something with eucalyptus. I miss the smell of the wet eucalyptus trees after a good rain. THAT is a smell I would bathe in. Overall a great deal and I am glad I found this place through Ipsy! <3

Back