Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by l0ser_dust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi enablers! So I bought the $25 for $50 deal someone on the ipsy thread posted about. You can't combine this with ANY coupon codes. I was wondering when the IPSY code expires for those of you who already got your bags and might know. This Total Beauty deal expires in July and I want to know which deal I would benefit more using now.
smile.gif
It's 5/31! All the discount codes for the month are on this thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/135099/ipsy-glam-bag-may-2013-promo-codes

I am seriously having such a hard time not submitting this order. BUT I get my bag tomorrow & may change the 'Wanderlust Perfume Roll-On Trio' if I end up getting the Tahitian Gardenia, since it's included in the trio!

All this for $55 after discounts. Pretty good deal!

1× Wanderlust Perfume Roll-On Trio $24.00
1× Color Quench Lip Tint - Sugared Fig $7.00
1× Sea Foam Complete Face Wash $11.00
1× Tuscan Blood Orange Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× Tahitian Gardenia Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× Island Vanilla Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× Brazilian Mango Grapefruit Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× California Star Jasmine Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter 8oz $24.00
1× French Lilac Mini Body Butter Tube $7.00
1× Waikiki Pikake Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00
1× French Lilac Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $0.00
1× Lotus Garden Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $0.00

It appears that if you don't place an order...they keep sending you 10% off codes hahaha. I have gotten 4 now, if anyone needs one
smile.gif

I want to order so badly but I'm still holding off until I get my glam bag... Today they started a different body butter sale!!

I JUST GOT MY SHIPPING EMAIL!!!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif
party.gif
roflmao.gif

It's coming USPS.  Of course, the tracking # has not yet updated.  However, between USPS and DHL, I have the feeling that I'll get my Pacifica order before many people get their Glam Bags 
icon_redface.gif

(Scooby, I ALMOST posted this in the Ipsy thread... then I remembered to use this one... proud of me?
wink.gif
)

I just put my first order in, and they're a little shady about the total. Also, on the samples page it says to add five samples to your cart and select $2.95 shipping, but that option never showed up for me, I figured maybe that was because in addition to the 5 samples I also had a body butter in the cart. When I went to check out, after all the discounts, it said my total was $14.44, and the shipping of 5.95 was included in the bottom BEOFRE the total. I clicked checkout and got an email saying "hey, thanks for the 20 bucks!" yeah, shipping was NOT included in the total, even though they had it in the right section and made it appear so. Not a huge deal, because still for what I got $20 wasn't bad at all, but I couldn't help but feel like I was scammed a little. lol

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just put my first order in, and they're a little shady about the total. Also, on the samples page it says to add five samples to your cart and select $2.95 shipping, but that option never showed up for me, I figured maybe that was because in addition to the 5 samples I also had a body butter in the cart. When I went to check out, after all the discounts, it said my total was $14.44, and the shipping of 5.95 was included in the bottom BEOFRE the total. I clicked checkout and got an email saying "hey, thanks for the 20 bucks!" yeah, shipping was NOT included in the total, even though they had it in the right section and made it appear so. Not a huge deal, because still for what I got $20 wasn't bad at all, but I couldn't help but feel like I was scammed a little. lol
The low weight $2.95 shipping option shows up when you buy only samples (which makes sense). However, I ordered 14 samples in my first order (much more than 5) and I was still able to choose $2.95 shipping... something to keep in mind for those of you who just want to try different scents!

weird, so it wouldn't let me complete my order with free shipping when my total (after discounts) was $41 (before discounts it was $66), it made me recalculate shipping (adding it back in!). so it would have been $47ish with shipping.

so then i added 2 more sample tins of fragrance, making my subtotal after discounts $44.80, (and $70 before discounts) and it went through... giving me the free shipping, even though my final subtotal was $44. 

the discounts i used were:

beauty20

freequench25

the 10% off which took forever to arrive in my inbox!

doesn't show the full list of products (i forgot to scroll up before i took my screenshot lol), but you can see my total before discounts is $70:

full list of items, with all the discounts added in, and free shipping:

so that's kind of weird. it ended up being less since the free shipping was applied, even though BOTH totals were less than $50 after the discounts. 

okay i think i figured it out.

the subtotal AFTER the %off discounts needs to be above 50 to get free shipping, but the $7 lipquench counts toward the $50 free shipping benchmark... as in, the $7 taken off after shipping is calculated

i had to add the 2 perfume samples to bring discounted subtotal (after the 20% ipsy and 10% complete your order) above $50. it's like it calculates your shipping (whether you met the $50 threshold or not!) BEFORE the lipquench, but AFTER the other discounts. this might be obvious to everyone else lol but it took me a minute to figure it out! lol

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The low weight $2.95 shipping option shows up when you buy only samples (which makes sense). However, I ordered 14 samples in my first order (much more than 5) and I was still able to choose $2.95 shipping... something to keep in mind for those of you who just want to try different scents!
I bought a whole bunch of samples before I knew ipsy was including these this month, so I missed out on all the coupons, but at least I have something to reference when I'm browsing the site. My order was just samples, but I was able to get the free lip quench and was still given the low-weight charge for those of you who want to take advantage of the ipsy coupons but don't want to pay full price for shipping.

Originally Posted by l0ser_dust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi enablers! So I bought the $25 for $50 deal someone on the ipsy thread posted about. You can't combine this with ANY coupon codes. I was wondering when the IPSY code expires for those of you who already got your bags and might know. This Total Beauty deal expires in July and I want to know which deal I would benefit more using now.
smile.gif
Just so you know, that Total Beauty coupon also won't work towards paying for samples or the Value sets (the other sets seem to be fine). So you can only use it if your non-sample, non-value-set items cost more than $50. But in regards to the ipsy coupons, I'd say go for the value sets if you see any you're interested in or just get some samples to play around with.

My order should be here tomorrow, too! And my zoya order should probably be here tomorrow or Thursday! So exciting.

I've left something in my cart for over 2 days and I haven't gotten the 10% off email :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> am I doing something wrong? I left the page, then I tried logging out.. I even went and put more stuff in my cart and then left the page again

Mine should arrive on the 16th. I'm pretty impressed with their quick shipping and I think I'll order some more. Hahahaaaa. It takes very little to impress me. I just really want some body butters.

For anyone who hasn't placed an order yet.. Pacifica just posted this on their Facebook page:

Grace your beautiful face with a dewy radiant bare finish!

Free Alight Multi Mineral BB Cream Sample on orders of $25 or more.

Originally Posted by lovepinkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've left something in my cart for over 2 days and I haven't gotten the 10% off email
frown.gif
am I doing something wrong? I left the page, then I tried logging out.. I even went and put more stuff in my cart and then left the page again
I couldn't log out either. finally I typed in https://www.pacificaperfume.com/logout and it logged me out, like 5 mins later I got TWO emails for 10% off (could only use one though)

I tried to get a second order Sunday, I got  2 emails but no code,just telling me they would be happy to hold my order for 72 hours. Thats ok becuase  I made out like a fat  rat  on my first order hehe.

Back