Pics of your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pretty Danyelle! And I'm Janelle (from NY) btw --- welcome to MuT!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Very pretty Danyelle! And I'm Janelle (from NY) btw --- welcome to MuT!
wink.gif
THANKS!!!! You're hair is absolutely beautiful!!! It's so thick too! I just love dark hair thats all shiny and well....yours is beautiful. Part of the reason why I want to dye my hair darker...because I think it's just so beautiful on almost anyone. Makes it look much healthier too. What do you use on your hair? Oh and by the way....that last picture that you see...of JUST my hair....thats those lil pesty hairs I was telling you about. Those ones that flip up all over the place!
frown.gif
So now you can see for yourself.

Originally Posted by grn_eyed_grl Here's a few pics of my hair. For some reason in these pics it looks a lot darker than it really is. It's really like a super light brown/honey blondish color. I'm dyeing it here in a few weeks though. I love dark hair and I'm going to dye my hair dark. Just...the matter of finding the right color.
laughing.gif
Welcome to MUT!
Your hair is very pretty!

Originally Posted by grn_eyed_grl THANKS!!!! You're hair is absolutely beautiful!!! It's so thick too! I just love dark hair thats all shiny and well....yours is beautiful. Part of the reason why I want to dye my hair darker...because I think it's just so beautiful on almost anyone. Makes it look much healthier too. What do you use on your hair? Oh and by the way....that last picture that you see...of JUST my hair....thats those lil pesty hairs I was telling you about. Those ones that flip up all over the place!
frown.gif
So now you can see for yourself. Aww. thanks!
smile.gif
It's actually kind of thin... but if it fools people... then thats good!
wink.gif
lol I like SexyHair Concepts, & Biolage... they're my fav's -- but I have so much stuff from different brands - I add a few things into the routine every so often. From the looks of that last pic - I'm going to say they're broken hairs, the ends of them anyway. It's from the iron. I've seen so many people who flat iron all the time get them. when hair breaks off, it usually splits the shaft, so the end is thinner than the rest. Which is why they usually stick out. I would go over them with a polishing gloss or a smoothing balm, see if it helps...
yaya.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww. thanks!
smile.gif
wink.gif
lol I like SexyHair Concepts, & Biolage... they're my fav's -- but I have so much stuff from different brands - I add a few things into the routine every so often. From the looks of that last pic - I'm going to say they're broken hairs, the ends of them anyway. It's from the iron. I've seen so many people who flat iron all the time get them. when hair breaks off, it usually splits the shaft, so the end is thinner than the rest. Which is why they usually stick out. I would go over them with a polishing gloss or a smoothing balm, see if it helps...
yaya.gif
AHHH! lol Lord I have no luck! I figured it would be something bad. See...I don't meant to disagree with you at all. But I honestly do not believe it is from an iron. I never ever used an iron until maybe about 7 or 8 months ago. I had those lil hairs before that after my stylists razored my hair. I think it has somehting to do with that but I'm no professional with this stuff so I wouldn't knwo for sure. Like I said though...I didn't use a flat iron until after I got these and that was only to tame them. Which...it helps a little bit. Is there anything you can recommend for these from that line you just mentioned? The sexy hair and biolage? Thanks so much!!! You're so helpful!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww. thanks!
smile.gif
wink.gif
yaya.gif
Also....haha I don't meant to be so annoying but.....where can I find these products at? Any place online or in stores....etc. Thanks!

Originally Posted by grn_eyed_grl Here's a few pics of my hair. For some reason in these pics it looks a lot darker than it really is. It's really like a super light brown/honey blondish color. I'm dyeing it here in a few weeks though. I love dark hair and I'm going to dye my hair dark. Just...the matter of finding the right color.
laughing.gif
Danyelle, you have beautiful hair and you would look great with the hairstyle from your other thread.................

Originally Posted by islandgirl930 http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...=S30100941.jpg

and

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...04/Photo01.jpg

My hair is so long. I'm getting it cut a little shorter this week, with some layers. I need volume!

I was just going back through some of the hair pics. Your hair is so beautiful!!

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Danyelle, you have beautiful hair and you would look great with the hairstyle from your other thread.................

I was just going back through some of the hair pics. Your hair is so beautiful!!

THANKS!!!! But....which hairstyle? The one with all those layers in teh front?

Originally Posted by grn_eyed_grl THANKS!!!! But....which hairstyle? The one with all those layers in teh front? Yes. The Top one. Our hair is very much alike from what i can see and it works with my hair....Sorry. Now I'm sounding obsessed about a new hairstyle for you. I'll stop now
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Yes. The Top one. Our hair is very much alike from what i can see and it works with my hair....Sorry. Now I'm sounding obsessed about a new hairstyle for you. I'll stop now
laughing.gif
No not at all! Actualyl you are being very very helpful to me! I know a lot of times I have a head full of ideas and no one to reassure me so your help is great!!! This hairstyle is actually kind of what I was looking into. Only...maybe I don't want the layers to start that short of length. Also someone suggested sideswept bangs. But..I think I'm too afraid to try them. lol Oh and btw.....I was also looking into this cut....it's cute and not too drastic.

Originally Posted by grn_eyed_grl AHHH! lol Lord I have no luck! I figured it would be something bad. See...I don't meant to disagree with you at all. But I honestly do not believe it is from an iron. I never ever used an iron until maybe about 7 or 8 months ago. I had those lil hairs before that after my stylists razored my hair. I think it has somehting to do with that but I'm no professional with this stuff so I wouldn't knwo for sure. Like I said though...I didn't use a flat iron until after I got these and that was only to tame them. Which...it helps a little bit. Is there anything you can recommend for these from that line you just mentioned? The sexy hair and biolage? Thanks so much!!! You're so helpful!

Also....haha I don't meant to be so annoying but.....where can I find these products at? Any place online or in stores....etc. Thanks!

You can usually find them at Ulta (if you have one nearby) some beauty supply stores sell them, as well as folica.com ---
The ends could have started from razoring --- especially if they didn't do it correctly for your hair. They might have thinned out the ends too much. Wearing elastic bands, putting your hair up a lot --- they all cause them, but I've seen them at their worst from irons... mostly from misuse (tugging, snagging etc.) and from the high concentration of heat. They're a common problem, but they sure are annoying!!! lol
wink.gif

Here are my pics. Sorry I dont have many. The first is about a year or so old. It was raining that night and I needed a touch up so my roots were pressed, hence the hat lol. The second one is about the same time I think. The last one is my braids now. You can kinda see how far the braid is braided down. The where the braid stops is basically where my natural hair stops. So if you cant see, my hair is about 3 inches shorter than the braids. AND yes, my braids are extentions, I'm not too proud to say so lol. I tried to take some with my camera phone, but unfortunatly the resolution sucks so they dont turn out.

Attachment 21799 Attachment 21800 Attachment 21801

Originally Posted by Aquilah Aww, thanks Janelle! Some days I kinda want to have my layers more defined. More of a haircut similar to Kelly Monaco, but then I stop myself. I was told I have the same kind of "cut," just that her's looks more defined due to the way her hair falls... It's taken me since 1998 to get my hair this long! It's mostly because I quit coloring it as well as relaxing it... I just relax it now, and the reddish-brown highlights are natural... If you wake up one morning and your hair is gone, know I probably have it here in Northern California, running around in the convertable with a flawless ponytail flapping behind me.
lol.gif
Your hair is beautiful and insanely healthy. I was noticing a few of your other post and gathered that you do your own? Impressive, truley.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Beautiful Dioraddict!!! Love the colors!!
smile.gif
Ditto here, what color is that red? is it a self mix or off the shelf?

Originally Posted by foxydiva Ditto here, what color is that red? is it a self mix or off the shelf? The red is Manic Panic Pillarbox Red, you can get it from any drug stores or you can order online at www.manicpanic.com

Back