Polish WISH LIST - Fall Collection 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Someone actually pointed out a while back that Yasmeen was pretty close to a dupe for NARS Purple Rain

7ec43e1ffe8825162f045a73a6ac59af.jpg

Nothing new under the sun, folks. It is a nice colour, but nothing I'd shell out for UD's price when I can get one in ChG... though we all have our lemmings.
Ow! That's some serious duping ... the only advantage that UD has is the cute packaging ... which I can be a sucker for! I bought Julep's Lip Scrub just because I had to have that cute gold ball that it came in!

My Wishlist:

I've never tried NARS nail polish yet, but I'm dying to get my hands on their classic Orgasm color. It's just too pretty! Has anyone tried NARS polish? Is it worth the money?

I'm also hoping to try the Marc Jacobs polish in Le Charm. His packaging is adorable, and this color is subtle enough that I could wear it to work.

And of course, jewel tones from Chanel can't be beat! Someday I'll shell out the money for these....

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok so I know this isn't high end or anything, but a recent spoiler had me poking around on the Color Club website and I found some new collections they are releasing this winter - Looks like they will hit stores sometime in October.  They look super fun!

Pics are from: http://workplaypolish.com/2013/07/20/cosmoprof-north-america-2013-color-club-winter-collection-plus-rebranding-plans-and-addition-of-two-collections-a-year/

Cute!!! I would so buy the zodiac kits, but knowing my luck I'll hate the one I actually am (Libra). I always end up buying a different one haha 

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok so I know this isn't high end or anything, but a recent spoiler had me poking around on the Color Club website and I found some new collections they are releasing this winter - Looks like they will hit stores sometime in October.  They look super fun!

Pics are from: http://workplaypolish.com/2013/07/20/cosmoprof-north-america-2013-color-club-winter-collection-plus-rebranding-plans-and-addition-of-two-collections-a-year/
I love these! Especially the Zodiac kits! I've always been into that sort of thing. Sadly the colors that they normally have for my sign are always the color I end up not liking. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART!

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Butter London's latest email special lead me here: 

http://www.butterlondon.com/Gift-Sets/Luxe-Rock-12-Piece-Gift-Set.html?utm_source=Customers+4-4&utm_campaign=4b99806c4d-Luxe_Rock_Email10_20_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f87e1fb84c-4b99806c4d-90533345

I want this SO MUCH! I have NO Butter Londons ... but with Christmas coming up and medical bills starting to come in ... my budget is too tight to splurge right now! 
icon_cry.gif

Omg!! I need this! I only have 2 Butter Londons and this would be awesome. But I should also be thinking about Christmas...and I have to order plane tickets to go home for the holidays! Maybe Butter London will have an awesome Black Friday sale? Thanks for sharing, Angi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

http://www.butterlondon.com/Gift-Sets/Luxe-Rock-12-Piece-Gift-Set.html?utm_source=Customers+4-4&utm_campaign=4b99806c4d-Luxe_Rock_Email10_20_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f87e1fb84c-4b99806c4d-90533345

I want this SO MUCH! I have NO Butter Londons ... but with Christmas coming up and medical bills starting to come in ... my budget is too tight to splurge right now! 
icon_cry.gif

Darn you @angismith!!!!   I have been watching that set at Ulta but never could find it on the Butter London site.  I had an 30% off Ipsy code that was burning a hole in my pocket. So I got it.  Along with the Petrol over coat and the fire/ice combos.  Oh my aching wallet.  lol

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

Darn you @angismith!!!!   I have been watching that set at Ulta but never could find it on the Butter London site.  I had an 30% off Ipsy code that was burning a hole in my pocket. So I got it.  Along with the Petrol over coat and the fire/ice combos.  Oh my aching wallet.  lol

Genius! That's 12 BL polishes for $45.50! Now I'm tempted.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

It says they're "fashion size" lol is that different than mini?

Quote:Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

Bear in mind -- they are minis! I got the 6 mini box, and they are absolutely adorable. I'm not sure if they are half-size (that seems about right) and it's awesome to have so many pretty colors. But I don't want you to be disappointed if you were thinking they are full-sized polishes!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It says they're "fashion size" lol is that different than mini?

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bear in mind -- they are minis! I got the 6 mini box, and they are absolutely adorable. I'm not sure if they are half-size (that seems about right) and it's awesome to have so many pretty colors. But I don't want you to be disappointed if you were thinking they are full-sized polishes!

I know but I love minis!

I really want the Deborah Lippmann Big Bang set. They're minis too but I love those colors!

I know but I love minis!
They are 6ml.

I know but I love minis!
They are 6ml.

Edit: So a little more than 1/2 the size of a full one. I just googled the colors and I already have dupes for half of the set.

I've never tried Rescue Beauty Lounge since it's way out of my price range, but these polishes that Scrangie just posted are sort of irresistable 
wub.gif

my favourites:

firequeen.jpg

(because I'm boring an ldove every mint creme ever -- but there's something very chanel jade/dior waterlily about this noe. Just a bit more dusty than most mints and lighter than the chanel/dior colours)

lucciole.jpg

because PURPLE

nakedwithoutpolish.jpg

I feel like this is a colour that woulnd't necessarily look good on me, but there's just somehting weirdly appealing about it.

aaaah so expensive. Why is RBL $20?!?! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've never tried Rescue Beauty Lounge since it's way out of my price range, but these polishes that Scrangie just posted are sort of irresistable 
wub.gif

my favourites:

firequeen.jpg

(because I'm boring an ldove every mint creme ever -- but there's something very chanel jade/dior waterlily about this noe. Just a bit more dusty than most mints and lighter than the chanel/dior colours)

lucciole.jpg

because PURPLE

nakedwithoutpolish.jpg

I feel like this is a colour that woulnd't necessarily look good on me, but there's just somehting weirdly appealing about it.

aaaah so expensive. Why is RBL $20?!?! 
I love it all! I never heard of this brand, but they look absolutely beautiful. The mint is fabulous! I'll have to try to track one of these down and give it a go.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love it all! I never heard of this brand, but they look absolutely beautiful. The mint is fabulous! I'll have to try to track one of these down and give it a go.
They're sort of one of those not quite indie, not quite mainstream brands a la (previously) Deborah Lippman and Butter London (which have now both gotten more mainstream). They've been something of a polish blogger favourite brand for years, but the high price is sort of a turn-off to me. ):

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/category/rescue-beauty-lounge

http://www.scrangie.com/search/label/rescue%20beauty%20lounge

7 Tricks and Art Tips for Making Gorgeous Nail DesignsAmazing nail designs are a perfect addition to every outfit, however if you cannot afford going to the salon every other time, you should know there is a way to get such lovely designs at home. There are many tips and tricks available and we have gathered together 7 of them, which will reveal your artistic side. You will be amazed, by how beautiful your nails are, when you apply your own design.

edit: no blog links, please -kawaiimeows

Back