POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL. I'll have to watch out for perfectly made up beauty thugs.  
Yes!!! Lock your doors whenever you get in the car. Haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautygroove /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me toooo. I hate it though. Color is so sheer and glittery.

They sent me bellarina instead of pixie (they emailed me saying they would send that one) and it looks okay in the tube, but when applied it's such an ugly colour on me. It's like a gold glitter.

Quote: Originally Posted by deidrexo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sent me bellarina instead of pixie (they emailed me saying they would send that one) and it looks okay in the tube, but when applied it's such an ugly colour on me. It's like a gold glitter.

Bummer. I haven't tried it yet, I thought it looked great in the tube.

My other box received JCat in Honey Crisp. Boo. What was the point in saying what product it would be if they aren't sending that product? I mean it was a shipping confirmation, meaning it should have been shipped or at least packaged up by the time they sent me the confirmation, right? I kind of want to say something but I should probably not.

I got the J Cat in Honeycrisp too, when my tracking email said I would get the Mirabella Pixi lipstick. I don't know if complaining would be any good, but I was disappointed to get the J Cat, especially when others received UD lipsticks and Mirabella ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysti198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the J Cat in Honeycrisp too, when my tracking email said I would get the Mirabella Pixi lipstick. I don't know if complaining would be any good, but I was disappointed to get the J Cat, especially when others received UD lipsticks and Mirabella ones.
Honestly, the way I see it is that you're paying Ipsy $10/month to give you 4-5 products. If you were unhappy with the service provided in any way, shape, or form, you (as a consumer) have a right and responsibility to let the company know. Now, I say that it's a responsibility as well because if they don't hear people complaining about the way they do things, they will never improve their methods and accountability. I let manufacturers and suppliers and subscription services know what is going on with faulty products, or if something was old, or if something was dried out, or if shipping mechanisms failed. You have a right to receive a product you were promised, if they sent you something else, then once you have voiced that, it is the company's responsibility to rectify the problem. 

Edit: The J Cat lipstick is a pretty awful replacement for a Mirabella Color Sheer (regardless of which color they send)

IPSY is probably filling the replacement orders something like this: 1) The customer service rep enters the order with whatever product they're currently giving as a replacement. 2) Someone in shipping prints out a batch of packing slips with the information that the customer service rep entered 3) A shipping grunt packs the orders one by one with the item on the packing slip unless they've run out. In that case they just pack up the next product that they've designated for replacements. They could send the packing slip back to customer service to change the information, but that would probably take a couple of extra days to get they package shipped out, so they choose to send it out without correcting information in the customer account and on the packing slip.

The Aqua Lacquer that BB sent out a while ago is getting a funky plastic smell now too.  I got floating rose. It really is a shame because it looks really nice on…but I will be throwing it out as makeup should not smell like horrible plastic.  I don't think I will be trusting any POP beauty samples ever again.

I found my minis, if you want me to send them @zadidoll. I can also send you my full sized one since I don't use it.

@LadyK @zadidoll I'm planning on throwing out my open skunked gloss and sealed, unopened gloss of unknown skunkedness here pretty soon and washing my hands of this whole disgusting matter. Do you guys (or anyone) want them for testing? I had hoped that the FDA would have intervened by now since it's THEIR JOB, but I'm not terribly surprised given how underfunded and understaffed the agency is. 

Ipsy replaced my gloss with an Urban Decay lipstick in Anarchy. It is a bright pink/fuchsia color. Brighter than I would normally wear but after the first couple of seconds of shock I decided to go ahead and wear it. Definitely a spring/summer color.  Sometimes I change the tone a bit with a colored lip gloss from Beauty Addict or Vincent Longo.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @LadyK @zadidoll I'm planning on throwing out my open skunked gloss and sealed, unopened gloss of unknown skunkedness here pretty soon and washing my hands of this whole disgusting matter. Do you guys (or anyone) want them for testing? I had hoped that the FDA would have intervened by now since it's THEIR JOB, but I'm not terribly surprised given how underfunded and understaffed the agency is. 
At this point I don't think I'm going to be able to test anything.  My adviser doesn't want me distracted and isn't crazy about the idea of me running unknown stuff on our instruments.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lizbetstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ipsy replaced my gloss with an Urban Decay lipstick in Anarchy. It is a bright pink/fuchsia color. Brighter than I would normally wear but after the first couple of seconds of shock I decided to go ahead and wear it. Definitely a spring/summer color.  Sometimes I change the tone a bit with a colored lip gloss from Beauty Addict or Vincent Longo.
I didn't get it from ipsy, but I've received 2 of these in trades and I LOVE the color. It grows on you for sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I contacted both Ipsy and POP about my gross smelling gloss. They both sent me replacements pretty quickly. I got a POP beauty lip crayon thing in coral crush from Ipsy. I got a full sized plumping gloss from POP. It seems that I got lucky and received better customer service than others.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maelynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I contacted both Ipsy and POP about my gross smelling gloss. They both sent me replacements pretty quickly. I got a POP beauty lip crayon thing in coral crush from Ipsy. I got a full sized plumping gloss from POP. It seems that I got lucky and received better customer service than others.
Yah you're lucky! I got nothing from Pop and the most ugliest sheer/glitter lipstick from ipsy. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well.

I got my replacement today. They sent Ofra Plumper in sultry. It smells just as horrid as the POP. Anyone else encounter this issue? I'm just about ready to cancel Ipsy.

After this drama and ipsy deleted my post about at the beginning of it all. I end up canceling.I am glad to see I was not the only one who got the product.

The Aqua Lacquer that BB sent out a while ago is getting a funky plastic smell now too.  I got floating rose. It really is a shame because it looks really nice on…but I will be throwing it out as makeup should not smell like horrible plastic.  I don't think I will be trusting any POP beauty samples ever again.
Omg found mine!! It smells too and it's made I'm Taiwan!! My shadow trio was too I think!!

Quote: Originally Posted by lethalglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Guys, I received my lip gloss replacement from POP and I'm so surprised that you are experiencing the stinging plumping thing because mine isn't plumping *AT ALL* there's not even a tingly sensation (and I know what that should feel like, I have plenty of products with that plumping effect from other brands)... so is the full size from different batches as well? Are they not even regulating production of the full size glosses?

Also, my IPSY replacement was a Mirabella lipstick in the color "Daydream" which is absolutely stunning.

That's a pretty color!

Back