POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ipsy told me they were sending me an Urban Decay lippie, but the UD never showed on my shipping contents. I contacted them and was told I would be sent a different lippie b/c they were out of UD. I got my shipping notification, and it said I was getting Mirabella Pixie. I was excited about that. The package came yesterday, and it was a Bare Minerals Moxie gloss. I am happy with that as well, but what is the deal with saying one thing and doing another? My husband told me he wouldn't do business with ipsy anymore. I am going to keep my subscription b/c I love getting the bags, but I am not impressed with the handling of this situation.

Honestly, not that I am defending Ipsy but I think they are trying to do the right thing and send out the replacements but are just overwhelmed. I previously had really good experiences with their customer service. It is a shame that they are bearing the brunt of PopBeauty's mess. 

So I was one of the people who received a non-smelly pop beauty gloss.  I went to use it today and it stinks!  I am an organic chemist so I recognize this smell as an organic chemical.  It is nasty and almost immediately gave me a headache.  I think they are telling the truth when they say it was a flavoring issue since many flavorings are some form of ester but this is really bad.  It's like they put in the wrong chemical or didn't realize that the chemical they used would degrade in the tube.  I am trying to decide if I want to throw it away or attempt to run some tests on it in my lab to see what is in it.  Bottom line: this is unacceptable.    
Yes please do! Discussion about whether the gloss is harmful or just unpleasant would be much more relevant with real scientific data instead of just opinions and speculation.

Honestly, not that I am defending Ipsy but I think they are trying to do the right thing and send out the replacements but are just overwhelmed. I previously had really good experiences with their customer service. It is a shame that they are bearing the brunt of PopBeauty's mess. 
we think a lot alike. agreed! Putting things in perspective and staying positive.

Quote: Originally Posted by justliz87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ipsy told me they were sending me an Urban Decay lippie, but the UD never showed on my shipping contents. I contacted them and was told I would be sent a different lippie b/c they were out of UD. I got my shipping notification, and it said I was getting Mirabella Pixie. I was excited about that. The package came yesterday, and it was a Bare Minerals Moxie gloss. I am happy with that as well, but what is the deal with saying one thing and doing another? My husband told me he wouldn't do business with ipsy anymore. I am going to keep my subscription b/c I love getting the bags, but I am not impressed with the handling of this situation.

I expect my replacement to come sometime this week (or maybe Mon), since it's only about 2 hrs away from me now.  The email they sent said it's suppose to be a Mirabella Pixie, so I guess it will just be a surprise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pop told me they would send me a eyeshadow palette, but they sent a gloss instead, I emailed them and told them I was disappointed (I haven't heard back, and it's been a few days). :/  So, because of all this I don't believe they deserve my business, even though I'm in love with one of their palette's colors.  Hopefully they do something to make themselves trustworthy again, so I can buy that palette. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Someone posted earlier today on POP's post this:

I'm actually having a huge problem with the whole product. After receiving the full size replacement for the bad ipsy product, my niece got into to it. She put it on her cheeks and lips and the reaction was horrible. She was blood red and had welts after having it on her skin for maybe 10 seconds. Even if that is the "plumping" agent, it's ridiculous! She said it hurt and was itching like crazy! Even an hour later her cheek is still red and puffy. It's not acceptable!

That was from the full size.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Someone posted earlier today on POP's post this:

I'm actually having a huge problem with the whole product. After receiving the full size replacement for the bad ipsy product, my niece got into to it. She put it on her cheeks and lips and the reaction was horrible. She was blood red and had welts after having it on her skin for maybe 10 seconds. Even if that is the "plumping" agent, it's ridiculous! She said it hurt and was itching like crazy! Even an hour later her cheek is still red and puffy. It's not acceptable!

That was from the full size.

When i tried the full size my lips burned.  i used my mini before it went stinky and i liked it but i didn't notice any plumping.  I'm just not a fan of the whole thing at this point.  

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I was one of the people who received a non-smelly pop beauty gloss.  I went to use it today and it stinks!  I am an organic chemist so I recognize this smell as an organic chemical.  It is nasty and almost immediately gave me a headache.  I think they are telling the truth when they say it was a flavoring issue since many flavorings are some form of ester but this is really bad.  It's like they put in the wrong chemical or didn't realize that the chemical they used would degrade in the tube.  I am trying to decide if I want to throw it away or attempt to run some tests on it in my lab to see what is in it.  Bottom line: this is unacceptable.    

I would LOVE to know what went wrong and would await your results with bated breath. What kind of tests could you run? Do you have access to GC/MS equipment? I never heard back from the independent lab I contacted for a price quote.

Hello Dear MUT Ladies,

Got my replacement(s.) I specifically asked for NO POP BEAUTY. They sent it any way along with an Anarchy UD sample sized lipstick. That was what i was told would be sent out. 

The plastic shrink wrapper is intact on the POP beauty and the ingredients are listed on the wrapper. Would you like this to be sent to you, @zadidoll? If you wish I'll sent both the opened sample that smells bad near the stopper and the unwrapped one. 

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PLEASE TEST THIS IN ANY WAY YOU CAN. !!!!

I just opened my full size that Pop sent me as a replacement, and it burned my lips so bad I had to wipe it off almost immediately. I wear several "plumping" glosses, and none feel like that. 

On the other hand, I went ahead and canceled Ipsy last month after the fiasco. This isn't the first issue I've had with having to deal with customer service and being made to feel like I was infringing on their quiet time trying to get answers (lost bag, crushed makeup, burning lip gloss--in 7 months of subscription).

I received an email back from Pop Beauty.  I had sent them a reply back to their first email to me   Here's what I wrote and what I got back.

With all due respect, the item may still be safe for use but, why on Earth would I want to put something on my lips that smells and tastes like burnt rubber.  To me this is a defective product and mine is not the only one.  Usually when a company is faced with a defective product they issue a recall.  I feel that both you and Ipsy should have let consumers know immediately when you found out there was a problem and offered some sort of explanation.  Even if it was a small batch.  At this time I am very wary of your cosmetics and not sure if I will ever purchase them.  Also, that must be some pretty powerful flavoring to cover up that smell and taste.  I have a very hard time believing that was the only issue.

> Lisa Springer

Dear Lisa,

We understand your concern with the ingredients in the Plump Pout Mini. We are currently in the process of auditing the full  production  process  and  exact  raw ingredients used. We apologize unreservedly that this has been your experience with Pop and please bear with us as we  finalize our analysis of this production. 

Best regards,

Pop Beauty

I was never offered any type of replacement from Pop Beauty.  I did not ask for one but am surprised since others were offered one.  However, after everything that's has happend ( regular size causing burning and rashes) I don't think I want any of their products.

Quote: Originally Posted by springerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received an email back from Pop Beauty.  I had sent them a reply back to their first email to me   Here's what I wrote and what I got back.

With all due respect, the item may still be safe for use but, why on Earth would I want to put something on my lips that smells and tastes like burnt rubber.  To me this is a defective product and mine is not the only one.  Usually when a company is faced with a defective product they issue a recall.  I feel that both you and Ipsy should have let consumers know immediately when you found out there was a problem and offered some sort of explanation.  Even if it was a small batch.  At this time I am very wary of your cosmetics and not sure if I will ever purchase them.  Also, that must be some pretty powerful flavoring to cover up that smell and taste.  I have a very hard time believing that was the only issue.

> Lisa Springer

Dear Lisa,

We understand your concern with the ingredients in the Plump Pout Mini. We are currently in the process of auditing the full  production  process  and  exact  raw ingredients used. We apologize unreservedly that this has been your experience with Pop and please bear with us as we  finalize our analysis of this production. 

Best regards,

Pop Beauty

I was never offered any type of replacement from Pop Beauty.  I did not ask for one but am surprised since others were offered one.  However, after everything that's has happend ( regular size causing burning and rashes) I don't think I want any of their products.

Curious to how long that will take and what they will so with the information gathered.  In the mean time they should tell consumers: "We are testing the product right now, and we ask for you to not use it until we have information back as to see if it is safe."  Or something of that ilk.  

Curious to how long that will take and what they will so with the information gathered.  In the mean time they should tell consumers: "We are testing the product right now, and we ask for you to not use it until we have information back as to see if it is safe."  :(ir something of that ilk.  
My thoughts exactly. Are they going to post the results on Facebook, or send them to Ipsy to let their subscribers know the findings? They handled this very poorly. I would've been much happier if when they first realized there was an issue they told everyone what was going on and to not use the product.

Since my replacement was bad too, Ipsy said they were sending me something else. They said it was going to be a Mirabella lipstick. Well it came in today and it's a Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush. I have still yet to get the full sized gloss that Pop Beauty promised me and it's been since March 5th when they said they were sending a replacement.

Well, my replacement was worse than the original gloss I got. So I e-mailed ipsy again letting them know that they apologized and said they would send me a bonus item to make up for it. The tracking said I'm getting the mirabella lipstick in pixie, which is what they already sent me with my replacement lip gloss, so that's a little disappointing. But honestly, I am just glad that they are trying to make amends. 

Quote: Originally Posted by bluturtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just opened my full size that Pop sent me as a replacement, and it burned my lips so bad I had to wipe it off almost immediately. I wear several "plumping" glosses, and none feel like that. 

On the other hand, I went ahead and canceled Ipsy last month after the fiasco. This isn't the first issue I've had with having to deal with customer service and being made to feel like I was infringing on their quiet time trying to get answers (lost bag, crushed makeup, burning lip gloss--in 7 months of subscription).

Pop sent me a full size replacement too, and although it smells a million times better than the sample, it burned my lips too. I agree, I have tried other plumping glosses and none of them have ever made my lips burn like this one has.

Ipsy is supposed to be sending me a mirabella pixie lipstick, but we'll see what it actually is when it gets here.

Guys, I received my lip gloss replacement from POP and I'm so surprised that you are experiencing the stinging plumping thing because mine isn't plumping *AT ALL* there's not even a tingly sensation (and I know what that should feel like, I have plenty of products with that plumping effect from other brands)... so is the full size from different batches as well? Are they not even regulating production of the full size glosses?

Also, my IPSY replacement was a Mirabella lipstick in the color "Daydream" which is absolutely stunning.

My full size pop gloss has a very mild tingle, that dissipates after a few minutes. Maybe some are more sensitive to it than others?

Latest posts

Back