POP Beauty Plump Pout (discussion)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by greendrinkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I am confused and very angry right now! Can someone please tell me what exactly is going on with this pop lip gloss!? I am new to these forums and am just catching wind of this now which is what is irrating me more then anything! When I recieved my lip gloss and applied it, it smelled soooo bad and the taste was even worse i really started to vomit! I wiped it off as quick as i could and was about to throw it out when my ten year old daugher begged me for it as her play makeup for sleepovers! At first I said no its gross you wont like it and she said no mommy i dont think it smells bad I thought well ok i guess if it doesnt bother you ok then. I thought i was just having a very sensitive reaction to it as I had never tried pop before i should have know it was just her enthusiasm and excitement to get some of Mommy "REAL" makeup that she wouldnt say that it did smell horrible. I let her have it and I am now searching her room franticly looking for it. It is 2am here and I dont wanna wake her up but I am sick to my somach that I may have giving my daughter something hazardous or that has questionable ingredients in it. What is going up my behind big time is the fact that Ipsy never contacted me! If there was an issue with an item that went out they should have contacted everyone who recieved it and warned us to then let us decide if we wanna keep it. Guys im really so upset with myself right now for starters i should have never giving my daughter something that made my stomach turn no matter what she said but honest to god truth I never or once thought that an item Ipsy sent me would be possibly hazardous in any way so I really wasnt worried about something like this. And second yes I may be upset with Pop but my anger is really with Ipsy right now. We put are faith and money in their hands and trust them to send us quality items and if something like this was to happen though no fault of Ipsy it is there job to contact there customers right away and the fact that they are just kinda hoping this blows over and sent no mass emails out enrages me!!! I am really sorry if this is messy and all over the place when i am angry i cant type my words and fingers cant keep up with my mind. I really want to lay into ipsy right now but i really wanna make sure I know exactly what is going on first. I have read most of this thread but i missed the first part before it got its own thread here!Am i over reacting on this? I hope I am posting this right and/ plz someone could you please tell me exactly whats up with this gloss and should i be concerned that i let my ten year old have this as play makeup?

Long story short. POP Beauty has admitted to a manufacturing issue with the glosses. While they claim in private emails to people that it's due to a flavoring ingredient having been left out they have publicly stated that the ingredients on the label is accurate and FDA safe. The issue is not if the ingredients are FDA approved but rather what's inside the tubes since there was a manufacturing issue that caused the glosses to smell acrid. (My youngest daughter keeps asking me what does that mean, it means "adjective 1. sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.") People have reported to POP Beauty and Ipsy (these posts have been long since deleted from their walls) of skin or lip irritation or severe allergic reactions to the glosses. At this point in time Ipsy has repeated what POP Beauty claims - the glosses are safe however due to pictures people have posted at this time there is no way to know if the Plump Pouts are safe or not and it's better to err on the side of caution.

Ty very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. I feel a little at ease now. Its not quite as bad as i was letting my mind take me but still I do feel Ipsy has a responsibility to us. A simple email to let us know something went wrong and a friendly warning of some sort. If my daughter had had a sleepover and her or one of her friends had a reaction like some girls with the burns or swellen of the lips I would be putting the blame on Ipsy also. Even though its not ipsy fault and had no way of knowing something may have been off with theses glosses the fact is as soon as they did know and became aware that there was an issue by them not taking action then makes them just as liable. Lesson learned for me and im happy I had this wake up call. I have been trying everything that has been sent to me in my subs without ever thinkin twice or even looking at the ingredient list just blindly putting my faith in the companys sending them to me. Well no more! I am gonna starrt as of right now being more aware and cautios of the things i have been using. It is completely stupid of me that i havent been paying attentiopn to this stuff from the start! I will be emailing Ipsy first thing in the morning to let them know how displeased I am with how they have handled this!

Quote: Originally Posted by greendrinkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ty very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. I feel a little at ease now. Its not quite as bad as i was letting my mind take me but still I do feel Ipsy has a responsibility to us. A simple email to let us know something went wrong and a friendly warning of some sort. If my daughter had had a sleepover and her or one of her friends had a reaction like some girls with the burns or swellen of the lips I would be putting the blame on Ipsy also. Even though its not ipsy fault and had no way of knowing something may have been off with theses glosses the fact is as soon as they did know and became aware that there was an issue by them not taking action then makes them just as liable. Lesson learned for me and im happy I had this wake up call. I have been trying everything that has been sent to me in my subs without ever thinkin twice or even looking at the ingredient list just blindly putting my faith in the companys sending them to me. Well no more! I am gonna starrt as of right now being more aware and cautios of the things i have been using. It is completely stupid of me that i havent been paying attentiopn to this stuff from the start! I will be emailing Ipsy first thing in the morning to let them know how displeased I am with how they have handled this!

I absolutely agree, Ipsy does bare some of the blame in this as over 100,000 Ipsy subscribers were affected and instead of sending out emails to the Ipsy subscribers they swept it under the rug.

I also wanted to make you aware, that the POP Beauty trios sent out in December, while there were no issues with those, the ingredients listed on the back of those are not the same as listed on the POP Beauty site. I don't own the full size of Smokin Hot or Naturally Bare to compare the ingredients in the minis to the full size though. Just keep in mind that the vast majority of samples sent out are not going to be essentially a bait and switch product, as many consider these POP Beauty products to be, but it's a good idea to compare the full size ingredients to the samples and if there is any major changes to consider not using it.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetharlot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PopBeauty has not responded to my reply nor the new email I sent after hearing nothing for 5 days in response to my reply to their form email. I'm through. This company is out for me permanently and I'm going to keep telling everyone I know about their shoddy and shady practices.

I received tracking for a replacement mirabella lipstick from ipsy. I really, really hope they don't include a PopBeauty gloss like others are receiving, it will be going straight in the trash unopened if so. I'm so disappointed that ipsy is still sending out the messed up batch!!

I own A LOT of PopBeauty products and now the joy is just gone. There are way too many companies out there that want my business and provide honest service and take care with their ingredients to deal with PopBeauty any more. I think I'm going to end up chucking their products...how do I even know what's really in them? The trust is gone for me.
I received just the Mirabella, they didn't bother to send the Pop Beauty.

Ipsy lied to me about Anarchy. They told me it was out of stock weeks ago, yet they're STILL sending it out. They sent me UD 69 which they already sent me in August. They lie so much!
Yep. I got my broken cailyn weeks ago, and they claimed back then that they were all out of UD. Total lie.

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep. I got my broken cailyn weeks ago, and they claimed back then that they were all out of UD. Total lie.

i just received anarchy yesterday as well but Ive been waiting for 2 weeks so idk if that counts

i just received anarchy yesterday as well but Ive been waiting for 2 weeks so idk if that counts
Not sure, but i'm betting they're just kind of tossing whatever into the bags, and not interested in paying attention to what goes where - the envelope I received mine in was just destroyed, but that could have been the fault of dhhell or usps. I do know that a busted, dried and cracked cailyn and a burnt tire fuchsia pop gloss was not what I wanted. lol

I know this is going to rub some people the wrong way but it needs to be said.  Be thankful you received a replacement and a secondary courtesy item. Please stop complaining it isn't what you wanted. If it is broken, by all means complain but there is no need to make a fuss because the courtesy item isn't a color you don't want or already have or a brand you don't want.  They didn't have to send a courtesy item at all.  Nothing entitles us to anything more than a single replacement of the Pop Beauty gloss rather it be from Ipsy or Pop Beauty, not both.

Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know this is going to rub some people the wrong way but it needs to be said.  Be thankful you received a replacement and a secondary courtesy item. Please stop complaining it isn't what you wanted. If it is broken, by all means complain but there is no need to make a fuss because the courtesy item isn't a color you don't want or already have or a brand you don't want.  They didn't have to send a courtesy item at all.  Nothing entitles us to anything more than a single replacement of the Pop Beauty gloss rather it be from Ipsy or Pop Beauty, not both.

Totally disagree. Replacement items should be consistent and to EVERYONE as almost all subscribers were probably affected. Granted the vast majority either didn't use the gloss or threw out the gloss or bothered contacting Ipsy the fact is the items sent were manufactured incorrectly and as such should be replaced with a comparable item. If people received another Plump Pout gloss mini and it reeked they have the right to complain over and over again until it's made right. Also, if Ipsy sent emails out with specific items then that it the item the person should receive - example, some people were told the replacement would be a specific UD lipstick mini and that's what they should have received. Anything less... well that's just not right.

Frankly, Ipsy could have avoided this mess by issuing an email to all subscribers affected by the February mishap and told those who quit that they could get a replacement if they contacted Ipsy and those who are still subscribers to expect a comparable replacement in their April bag.

I want to apologize. I joined this thread to educate myself as to what is going on with a fault product.  I think everyone should be treated equally and receive what they are told they are going to receive.

I guess I am tired of people whining about how unhappy they are about colors and brands that they are receiving. Did I whine because I didn't receive another nasty Plump Pout with the courtesy Mirabella Pixie, even though the color is awful?

I want to apologize. I joined this thread to educate myself as to what is going on with a fault product.  I think everyone should be treated equally and receive what they are told they are going to receive.

I guess I am tired of people whining about how unhappy they are about colors and brands that they are receiving. Did I whine because I didn't receive another nasty Plump Pout with the courtesy Mirabella Pixie, even though the color is awful?

I get where you are coming from.  I agree that it's annoying that so many people are complaining about "little" things such as color of replacements.  It's painful to look at most forums or comments sections for ANYTHING on the Internet because of this.  Yet, when people post actual relevant things, such as people posting about the quality issue of these glosses on Facebook, Ipsy/Pop removed them.  

It's a shame in how Ipsy handled the situation. They could have and should have done better to reduce the amount of complaints made - in regards to the replacements sent out.

Quote: Originally Posted by theblingfairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I don't necessarily blame the CS reps, but someone down the line is spreading false information.

Why should I be thankful for a replacement item that I have already received? I paid for the original UD 69 in August. Why would I want the same exact thing again? And the POP "replacements" are rancid so I shouldn't be thankful for that either...

And they were sending replacements because they sent out rancid gloss. If they didn't send out replacements for rancid gloss that we paid for, that would be disgusting customer service.

ETA: Not trying to be rude! I just didn't like receiving a replacement item that I have already received in the past.

Quote:Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does get tiresome to read pages and pages of people complaining because they don't like the color or brand that they received (I AM NOT IN ANY WAY referring to the defective POP items).

Quote:Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does get tiresome to read pages and pages of people complaining because they don't like the color or brand that they received (I AM NOT IN ANY WAY referring to the defective POP items).
I want to apologize. I joined this thread to educate myself as to what is going on with a fault product.  I think everyone should be treated equally and receive what they are told they are going to receive. I guess I am tired of people whining about how unhappy they are about colors and brands that they are receiving. Did I whine because I didn't receive another nasty Plump Pout with the courtesy Mirabella Pixie, even though the color is awful?
I completely agree with you guys. I was also getting tired of reading pages of tracking/shipping complaints. I know some circumstances are justified, but I feel it can be excessive and makes me disinterested as a reader. I know its not all about me and some viewers want to read those things. I'm not saying what people post is right or wrong it's their freedom to post what they want) but as a viewer I just prefer to read about the products itself. It does get tiresome reading all complaints! I wonder how the service reps must feel! Glad to see others are tired of the excessive negativity. I thought I was the only one for a while.

Received my replacement from ipsy yesterday. Mirabella colour sheer in Pixie. Appreciate the replacement, but it's definitely not my kinda thing. It went on my trade list.

So I was one of the people who received a non-smelly pop beauty gloss.  I went to use it today and it stinks!  I am an organic chemist so I recognize this smell as an organic chemical.  It is nasty and almost immediately gave me a headache.  I think they are telling the truth when they say it was a flavoring issue since many flavorings are some form of ester but this is really bad.  It's like they put in the wrong chemical or didn't realize that the chemical they used would degrade in the tube.  I am trying to decide if I want to throw it away or attempt to run some tests on it in my lab to see what is in it.  Bottom line: this is unacceptable.    

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I was one of the people who received a non-smelly pop beauty gloss.  I went to use it today and it stinks!  I am an organic chemist so I recognize this smell as an organic chemical.  It is nasty and almost immediately gave me a headache.  I think they are telling the truth when they say it was a flavoring issue since many flavorings are some form of ester but this is really bad.  It's like they put in the wrong chemical or didn't realize that the chemical they used would degrade in the tube.  I am trying to decide if I want to throw it away or attempt to run some tests on it in my lab to see what is in it.  Bottom line: this is unacceptable.    

If you do decide to run tests on it, I would love to hear what you find!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I say if you're able and capable of running some tests on it then you should. At the very least it would be helpful to those who are concerned it may be contaminated or spoiled.

Ooh! That's so interesting coming from someone educated in the subject. Kind of just confirms what we all noticed! I would be very curious to know what you find if you decided to do some testing!

Latest posts

Back