PopSugar April Box 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wasn't a good box for me.  I don't like Chrissy Teigen, the tea towel doesn't match my style or decor, and I don't use oils on my face because they make my skin break out.  I don't like coffee flavors, and I have a million hand creams already and can't use them fast enough.

I do like the salt & pepper shakers, but unfortunately they aren't a high value item.  I loved February and March was pretty good for me, so here's hoping for a good May box!

I got my box yesterday and I love everything! I just moved into my apartment this past year, so the kitchen items were greatly appreciated and they do have a spring/summer vibe. I know there are a lot of people who don't like Chrissy Teigen, but I love her! She's so fun and the recipes in her cookbook look amazing! I may or may not have went to the grocery store at 11:30 last night to buy ingredients for the cheesy guac! I'm in college so anything involving coffee is a definite win for me, especially if it's covered in chocolate! 

The only bummer was my Farmacy balm lid was cracked, and the balm was all dried out. I messaged customer service so fingers crossed they can help!

I have yet to even get my box! I've been getting PS since their very first box and this is by far the latest box they've ever sent out (for me, at least). I think before this the latest I had ever received one was maybe the 15th or so.

jackieee, on 26 Apr 2016 - 4:23 PM, said:I have yet to even get my box! I've been getting PS since their very first box and this is by far the latest box they've ever sent out (for me, at least). I think before this the latest I had ever received one was maybe the 15th or so.
Same here - it's due at the end of the week but still...

Finally got my box, and I liked it better than I thought. I love the Farmacy and the Royal Apothic hand creme. The cookbook is interesting, but currently trying to lose weight and most things look very calorie heavy, although yummy! I even like the Tea Towel better than I thought. I hate coffee or anything that remotely taste like it, so gave the expresso beans to my husband and he loved them! He likes when this box comes because if it has a treat in it, he normally gets it  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 

My box showed up today & I luv luv the cookbook. I was so excited to see my fav head-on shrimp when I first opened the book. Off to a good start! One thing I did note is that I'm not to into the new box. It's huge & all my items looked as if they were just thrown in. I'm all about presentation & my box looked like a hot mess!

Just to update, this balm is impressive!  I thought it would go very bad for me because of it feeling oily.  So far, it's just softening and it feels like it's knocked a few of the tiniest lines out (no dent in the bigger ones though).  It's going full face.

Normally, I can't use anything like that, but it's very gentle.  Just use very sparingly.

The lotion is also kicking out some dry patches I had on the tops of my feet (I sit on them a lot).  Definitely has made this box worth it for me.

And yes, I did order more of those chocolate beans.  Unfortunately, it looks like they may be a discontinued item.  I only found one reputable store online with them.  All other links on their site, those stores don't carry them in stock right now.

Edit: And that store now no longer carries them, I was going to order even more today and they are gone.

The contact form on the site is broken so... guess I'll have to try some other brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the balm too and really think it's helping with my lines as well. My skin just looks healthier somehow. I'm really impressed. I didn't expect this kind of performance at all. 

So today I finally got around to trying out one of the recipes from Chrissy's book, and it was SO GOOD! I made the creamy parmesan skillet eggs: (now I feel like these pics just look like regular eggs, but they aren't!)

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

(messy presentation in the second photo haha)

The cheese made my kitchen smell sooooo good! I can't wait to try the other recipes now! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't take photos (totally forgot) but I've made three dishes from the cookbook.

Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe on pg 79.  DELISH!  I mean, like, scarf down, everyone, no leftovers, delish.  Because it's simpler, it was nice to make in a quicker dinner.  My son even wants this as his birthday feast request.

Pad Grapow Chicken, pg 119.  For this to taste right, you must truly get Thai Basil.  I have a great Oriental food market nearby.  The downside, as much as it calls for makes it taste (to me) like black licorice, like my flavoring was anise, not basil.  I even had already cut it down by 1/8th.  I will further cut this to probably just over half in the future, otherwise, it was good!  Has a nice kick, but not overtly, tongue-disintegrating.

Marinated Steaks, pg 206.  Mouth watering.  Unbelievably good.  I was hesitant at first, it is a lot of ingredients for marinade and I'm a salt/butter kind of gal but... dear waistline, in the name of all that is fattening, it was AWESOME.  I used ribeye for me and round steak for the kids - I had a gnosh of theirs to see how it did on the cheaper steaks and it really softened them up, but my ribeye was delectable at medium well.  I suspect those who like it rarer will find it even more amazing.

Bonus - all my food looked just like the photos.  Which makes me think their photography was done on the "real" food, not faked mass media food (you know, where they use wax buns for burgers and Elmer's glue for milk).  It really makes a difference to me, because I can see what it's supposed to look like!

A lot of the recipes call for said Thai Basil and some form of pepper - usually serranos.  I'd watch both and use them to taste, adding or removing some doesn't hurt the makeup of it.

Hey ladies anyone else fall in love with the sleep balm?
Yes I have! I love it. I've noticed that my skin looks more radiant the next day if I use it more diligently every night. I've really grown to like the herbal smell. It seems so relaxing at night time. I've tried it on top of Korean skin care serums and it works really well that way too.

Back