PopSugar April Box 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box still has no status since the label created on 4/14.  I just received a response back from CS - it's the exact same generic response received by Jdesigns.  I had forgotten how bad PS was at times.

That's so disappointing there are no desserts in the cookbook, that's why I buy cookbooks and bake lol. I still haven't gotten my box, nor a shipping notice. Getting a little miffed, but on my account it has a tracking number and is supposed to be delivered next Monday. 

Writing PS was the way to go since my email actually kicked off shipping.  It shipped on 4/22 and is scheduled to arrive on the 29th.

Got my box today.  Love the cook book and the farmacy item.  Sadly the flower card was missing from my box... this is like the 2nd or 3rd box this year that an item has been missing so frustrating but not worth the hassel of dealing with their cs.  Haven't tried the snack item yet and the hand cream will probably be gifted, the packaging is lovely.  Enjoy your boxes ladies... if anyone makes a recipe from the book please review it here would love to hear whats a must make in that book.  

My box was still scheduled for the 28th but it showed up today!  So I'm wondering if there's something amiss with the tracker - at least this month.  I tried to avoid spoilers, so all I knew about were the shakers (a lot of people here/on FB got two of the same).

-----------------

I like the S/P shakers personally.  I think they are cute, but I also have never owned a set so it's probably a far better fit for me.

The cookbook - eh, I don't really care for Chrissy Teigen so I haven't read the fluff, but some of these recipes look AMAZING and some are very simple but are out of our "rut" of some of the same quicker, easier meals. (I have four boys, it takes A LOT of food so even a medium meal can take a few hours.)  That Mac N Cheese recipe looks delish!

Used the hand creme a few times.  Smells lovely and it's very, very softening.  Have to use it a few days (trying it on my feet too!) to see if it's purely the dimethicone or if it has lasting effects.  The Dimeth is down on the list compared to usual hand cremes.

Not really sure on the face balm-type stuff.  It's very oily.  It's getting the half-face treatment test, so we'll see if there's a difference there in a few weeks.

Cute tea towel, but I have an embroidery machine so a screen printed one is nice to have but kind of worthless to me.

BUT WHAT ARE THESE ADDICTIVE THINGS OF CHOCOLATE AND COFFEE?!?!  So, so good.  I can see ordering some of these more often.  Somewhat low cal, pop a few beans and satisfies my coffee taste and my sugar tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got your boxes @@Teach22 and @Seola. What a bummer about the flower card.

I made the fish tacos and the cheesy guacamole. The guacamole was to die for. Never thought to put cheese in it. I ate almost the whole serving by myself. The fish tacos were very good too. Definitely not a week day meal though at least not for me. Between the kids stuff and everything else I don't have time to cook a meal that takes longer but it was well worth it.

Thanks @@Reija for the recipe reviews I love fish tacos and those sound delicious.  I ve never had or even heard of anyone putting cheese in guacamole but I do love cheese and avocados are my faves so I bet its amazing I ll have to try to it. Avocado in grilled cheese is awesome and avo-dillas are a go to quick meal.  Would love to hear any other things people make from the book.   I have my eyes on the crab-cake benedict yum!  I love that she doesn't put a lot of fillers in the crab cakes I have a fave crab cake recipe that s baked not fried that is pretty much all crab no filler I may have to try that with egg idea. Those crab cakes are seriously best thing I ve eaten or made lol , hers sound yummy to though. Thats my go- to impress people meal lol Happy cooking everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box Saturday, never got a shipping notice and it was scheduled for Monday. I think I dislike it even more in person. I gave the tea towel to my mom, might give her the hand cream too, I don't like how you can't smell it without opening it all the way. The cookbook is more disappointing for me in person, I like to bake and there's like no baking, no desserts. The salt and pepper shakers I didn't even open, they're very generic and not my style. I don't like espresso beans, so I'm already gifting those and not sure I'll even use the night balm, I don't like the scent. I agree with someone else saying it feels like there's something missing. 

My box finally arrives today!!!!  Can't wait to try the night balm and look at the cookbook tonight. I just hope all items are in the box and I don't have to contact PS, I have seen a lot of goof ups on MSA with peeps April Box. 

I made the Mac n Cheese from Chrissy's book last night, it was so good, incredibly rich. Didn't take too long to make, was easy to make but I feel like I used every pan/large bowl in the house prepping and cooking, lol. I'd say if Swiss is not your favorite to sub out another cheese or use the Gruyuer route, I'm not a huge Swiss fan and could really taste that in this. Also the 1/4 tsp of Cayene is not even noticeable, I'll use more next time. I'll also swap cheeses next time. Also it makes A LOT! My daughter and I were the only ones home last night and it doesn't even look like anyone ate any.

I made the Mac n Cheese from Chrissy's book last night, it was so good, incredibly rich. Didn't take too long to make, was easy to make but I feel like I used every pan/large bowl in the house prepping and cooking, lol. I'd say if Swiss is not your favorite to sub out another cheese or use the Gruyuer route, I'm not a huge Swiss fan and could really taste that in this. Also the 1/4 tsp of Cayene is not even noticeable, I'll use more next time. I'll also swap cheeses next time. Also it makes A LOT! My daughter and I were the only ones home last night and it doesn't even look like anyone ate any.
Awesome thanks for the tips that recipe is being added to my list to try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Thanks for sharing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want to try the oatmeal and yellow cake batter thing, I think that's the closest thing to baking/dessert in the book.
I thought about making it also and just using a gluten free cake mix. Maybe this weekend I need to make it. It sounds like a breakfast of champions for Saturday morning. :lol:

My box arrived! I already filled the salt and pepper shakers. I'm really looking forward to using the night balm and going through the book. After looking at the price of the balm at Sephora, I'm even happier with this box lol. Just that one product meets the monthly subscription value. I also really like that both the skin balm and hand cream are cruelty-free! I wasn't too impressed with last month's box but I'm really happy with this one.

I've been using the balm a few night now and really like it. The first time I tried it I wasn't sure about it but after using it more than once, I really like the difference in my skin.

Back