POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and here is a pic of the bracelet on my wrist (even though you all know what it looks like). So damn classy!!

We tried using the cheese plate thing and honestly it's just weird. The cheese cutter would be better for really soft cheeses such as Brie. It was not sharp enough for a cheddar or a hard cheese, it just squishes/crumbles it.

We didn't really like how the whole thing clanks together. The cheeseboard part could be used for a trivet in case you don't like it as a cheese board.

How to use the fake lashes?

Makeup gurus always say to apply the lashes, then curl, then apply a coat of mascara to help blend the fake lashes and your real lashes together. Am I supposed to gently wash the lashes after use? o_O

I ordered wool shampoo, and will be washing my scarf with it. I have no fears it will be just fine. Once I do this, I will report back with results. My scarf is in cream color, I have been wearing it every day and I do not see any dirt, other than little dark fibers from other sweaters. It also smells a little of my perfume now, but I just loved its natural wool scent. It is a little scratchy, but it is so warm and I hope after I wash it, it will be softer.

I put on the lashes without gluing my eyes shut! Sort of surprised I was able to accomplish this.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I'm looking through the planner and on page 213 where it lists the maps, it says "Ottowa" rather than Ottawa. As a Canadian I'm kind of irked that they screwed up the spelling of our nation's capital, but whatever. Yes, I'm totally the Typo Police about this today, haha. At least they managed to spell it right on the actual map;)

ETA: I just noticed that on the page where the map of Ottawa (and Vancouver) is, the text at the top of the page says "Ottowa" too. Uuuughhh.

ETA #2: Hmm, while looking at the maps some more I noticed that the ones for London, Paris, Tokyo and Seoul aren't properly aligned on the page, so the text at the top of the page actually appears on the following page. I'm starting to think that these planners are seconds!

UPDATE:  So I contacted PS about the issues about my planner. They offered to send a replacement so I said sure. I just got a notification that it arrived but I was surprised that they didn't let me know they had shipped it. Maybe that's normal though, I've never had PS send me a replacement item before.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This box was a gift from my mom. We open presents on Christmas Eve so I have been opening one item per day except for today, which was two items. I am so glad I can finally join this discussion again! It was weird opening everything without spoilers or information about variations or anything!

Day 1: I opened the planner. It’s beautiful and I love it but I use my phone/computer/tablet to keep my schedule so a physical planner is kind of superfluous for me. I am going to gift this to a friend who will appreciate it way more than I will.

Day 2: I opened the Winks. I got them in #3. They are maybe a little too dramatic but I will give them a try. I have never been able to make falsies work for me, but I am going to watch a bunch of tutorials and give these a real shot.

Day 3: I opened the pretzels. I love chocolate mint and I love pretzels so these are great! I got the “sample†Birchbox sent out last month but mine was crushed/ripped open since my box that month also had a hairspray. Heavy metal can + pretzel was a dumb idea, Birchbox. Anyway, I was considering buying some of these in the Birchbox shop but I held off and I’m glad I did. Yum!

Day 4: I opened the bracelet. It is gorgeous, but I have very small wrists so this is heavy and big. I can see myself wearing it, but definitely only for special occasions. I don’t have that many fancy events to wear it to, but maybe someday!

Day 5: I opened the Tokyomilk souffle. I got the Chance variation. It smells great, isn’t too strong, and has an awesome texture. And the packaging!! It was so heavy, I was kind of shocked when I pulled body butter out!

Today: I opened the cheese plate. I got the navy variation which really bums me out. I would have liked white a lot more. I don’t really have much use for this, since I don’t entertain much. I would like to trade this for something else entirely but I don’t think this will be a very easy item to trade, so I might just keep it and start eating lots of cheese and crackers? I don’t know. This is the only true “dud†of the box for me (and it’s not even that much of a dud since I can still technically use it).

I also opened the scarf. It is beautiful! I got it in the tan shade, which is probably what I would have wanted (or grey, but I don’t think I saw anyone get grey). I love infinity scarves, but I really like to wash them regularly, and this is clearly not washable. I am definitely not taking it to a dry cleaner, so I guess I will try handwashing. I might even be super daring and put it in a lingerie bag in the washing machine on delicate, then lay it flat to dry. If I can’t easily wash it, it kind of ruins the item for me, so if it gets destroyed in the process I will be sad but not heartbroken. If anyone tries handwashing, please let us know how it goes!
Overall…I love it! I got the LE box last year and was extremely disappointed, but these items were way better suited to my tastes. I can use most items, but I probably wouldn’t have purchased them for myself. Yay! Nice job, PopSugar!

You and I got the same variations:) I also like the box overall. There were quite a number of things I won't be using (lashes, bracelet, Tokyomilk) but I like the rest of the items. This Canadian can always use a new scarf! And an infinity scarf to boot! If this box is indicative of the LE boxes that PS sends out these days, I may not be able to pass up purchasing the next one.

Well, I intially enjoyed this LE box but in the end I wasn't particularly wow'd by anything BUT the TokyoMilk! I got it in Wisdom and I love it! In fact, I saw this brand at Sephora and got a sample of one of their fragrances (Bulletproof) and I dig it. I'm also thinking of getting the Wisdom scent to wear with the body souffle I received. That scent is only available in a rollerball though so I could not get a sample to take home. Oh, they also have mini sample rollerballs scents by the counter but they were all sold out when I was there. 

As much as I liked the cream infinity scarf I received, I wound up gifting it to my step mom for Christmas. She LOVED it! I would have loved the scarf more if it had layed on me more like a cowl neck...which it did not. The flutes and bracelet are on my trade list. I already traded the cheese board. I'll use the lashes and the planner. 

Kinda bummer that I didn't get more personal use out of this box but I'm sure I'll still buy the next LE box since I'm typically pretty happy with them.   

So I got my box! Love so many items. Meeh on the bracelet. How much would you spend on these items? Me? My personal value or how much would I spend to but the item (versus it's listed retail value) Scarf: $50 Lotion: $40 Bracelet: $8 Planner: $20 Pretzels: $2 Cheese plate: $20 Lashes: $20 For me I love trying new items but they have to equal or exceed the cost I paid for the box. It's my own logic to keep the sub or get a limited box again. So I figure the total of $160, which I'm thrilled about so many of the items. Now that you've tried the items how much would u spend? I love the lotion! I cannot put my finger on the style for the bracelet, I want to say antique fashion but I'm not sure that's right either...

I loved this box, and I never have any problems with anything Popsugar sends (and I order ALL their boxes), but this ones been a troublesome one. I gifted the bracelet to my Mom for Xmas, and a couple of hours later a stone fell out. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could find replacement stones? She loved it so much and I feel terrible.

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahinnola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved this box, and I never have any problems with anything Popsugar sends (and I order ALL their boxes), but this ones been a troublesome one.

I gifted the bracelet to my Mom for Xmas, and a couple of hours later a stone fell out. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could find replacement stones? She loved it so much and I feel terrible.

Personally I'd contact PS about it, the bracelets shouldn't be losing stones already. And it's especially problematic since it was given as a gift, especially since PS seems to have intended many of the items to be gifted.

Personally I'd contact PS about it, the bracelets shouldn't be losing stones already. And it's especially problematic since it was given as a gift, especially since PS seems to have intended many of the items to be gifted.
I did. I just feel terrible tho. The scarf unraveled at the seam the first time I wore it and the body cream arrived with a massive cut across the top. I just did not have any luck with this box, which is crazy bc I never have any problems with their stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, it seems like only me and one other person got the camel coloured scarf:/ Strange.

I got the camel scarf but ended up trading it for the cream, but the camel is very very pretty!
On a totally separate note, I just came back from South America where Alpaca scarves are.... $5. I know that's not fair, since we can't exactly go galavanting off to South America for Alpaca whenever we want, but you can bet I bought a LOT of scarves/throws and stuffed them into my suitcase, knowing that they retail $40 here!! I still love my PS scarf though.

I did. I just feel terrible tho. The scarf unraveled at the seam the first time I wore it and the body cream arrived with a massive cut across the top. I just did not have any luck with this box, which is crazy bc I never have any problems with their stuff.

Geeze, what's with all of the quality control issues with many of these items lately? Were you able to fix your scarf?

Quote: Originally Posted by aquaria527 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The camel colour was nice, but unfortunately it's one of the worst for my skintone, so I had to swap it. It would look nice on lots of people though and go with many outfits.

ETA: Not sure why the quote above came up blank:/

Geeze, what's with all of the quality control issues with many of these items lately? Were you able to fix your scarf? The camel colour was nice, but unfortunately it's one of the worst for my skintone, so I had to swap it. It would look nice on lots of people though and go with many outfits. ETA: Not sure why the quote above came up blank:/
I've emailed twice about the bracelet in the last week, no response yet. Hopefully they've just been off?

Quote: Originally Posted by aquaria527 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, have you tried posting on their Facebook page? Make sure to mention that you've emailed them twice with no response. They tend to reply to messages like that when they're put on Facebook because it looks bad when their customers are unsatisfied.

ETA: Grrrr! What's up with the quoting feature lately? I quoted sarahinnola above but it said I was quoting aquaria527, and my quotes keep coming up blank:/

I've emailed twice about the bracelet in the last week, no response yet. Hopefully they've just been off?

I saw your message on PS's page and noticed that a few comments below yours PS responded to someone who had also been trying to contact customer service. PS said "We aim to get back to each customer within 2 business days. If you have not received a response, please message us your email address and we can look into this further for you."

So if they don't reply to you in a couple of days that might be the next thing to try. Good luck:)!

(And yay, the quote feature is suddenly working for me again!)

I saw your message on PS's page and noticed that a few comments below yours PS responded to someone who had also been trying to contact customer service. PS said "We aim to get back to each customer within 2 business days. If you have not received a response, please message us your email address and we can look into this further for you." So if they don't reply to you in a couple of days that might be the next thing to try. Good luck:)! (And yay, the quote feature is suddenly working for me again!) [/quote Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They finally emailed me back. Strange because the only other time I contacted them they were very responsive. Maybe they were busy? I don't know.

I handwashed my scarf today, it dried so fast, 3 hours later I am wearing it just to enjoy the softness and warmth. I used the wool shampoo, rinsed it, squeezed the water. I am very pleased how soft it became, and recommend handwashing instead of taking it to the dry cleaners.

Back