POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I handwashed my scarf today, it dried so fast, 3 hours later I am wearing it just to enjoy the softness and warmth. I used the wool shampoo, rinsed it, squeezed the water. I am very pleased how soft it became, and recommend handwashing instead of taking it to the dry cleaners.
Is it softer after washing it?  I love it but it's almost a little itchy. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is a bit itchy too. I washed mine in a lingerie bag on the delicate cycle and even though I removed it immediately after the cycle finished, it was still quite wrinkly and no longer very soft. I wore it for 10+ hours two days in a row and didn't find the fabric overly comfortable, however it didn't give me a rash or irritate my skin to the point of redness or anything like that. It just wasn't as soft and comfortable as I was hoping for.

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahinnola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw your message on PS's page and noticed that a few comments below yours PS responded to someone who had also been trying to contact customer service. PS said "We aim to get back to each customer within 2 business days. If you have not received a response, please message us your email address and we can look into this further for you."

So if they don't reply to you in a couple of days that might be the next thing to try. Good luck:)!

(And yay, the quote feature is suddenly working for me again!)
[/quote

Thank you.
smile.gif
They finally emailed me back. Strange because the only other time I contacted them they were very responsive. Maybe they were busy? I don't know.

Good to hear! Hopefully they were able to fix the issue you had.

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it to be less itchy after washing, I do know what you mean, but my skin is usually very sensitive, and it feels fine. I understand this wool is natural and can be itchy, may be because of the way they knitted it .

May be your skin is more sensitive? Or the wool shampoo made a difference. To avoid it being wrinkly - I shook it several times. Do not be afraid, nothing will happen other than the "smoothing of the post-squeezing wrinkles". I just find it sort of rediculous to dry clean a scarf, lol.

Plus, if your skin is not red or irritated afterwards - consider it a massage bonus :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine is a bit itchy too. I washed mine in a lingerie bag on the delicate cycle and even though I removed it immediately after the cycle finished, it was still quite wrinkly and no longer very soft. I wore it for 10+ hours two days in a row and didn't find the fabric overly comfortable, however it didn't give me a rash or irritate my skin to the point of redness or anything like that. It just wasn't as soft and comfortable as I was hoping for.
try handwashing it, took me maximum 10 minutes including 2 other items I washed.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who didn't love the scarf... I received it in the cream color, wore it once, and I just don't like it. I've never been a fan of infinity scarves though. I'm not sure what to do with it though, so it's just hanging up in my closet. I still love the bracelet. I also bought the TokyoMilk Wisdom rollerball perfume to go with the body souffle, because I loved the scent so much. It's also a really nice lotion. I also am not sure what to do with cheese paddle, I don't exactly entertain a lot so that's sitting in a cabinet waiting for never. The false lashes are also gathering dust in my makeup bags, I'm not really a falsie kind of girl. But the planner, bracelet, and body souffle (and pretzels) made it more than worth it for me, I think.

Quote: Originally Posted by Emmny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I feel like I'm one of the few people who didn't love the scarf... I received it in the cream color, wore it once, and I just don't like it. I've never been a fan of infinity scarves though. I'm not sure what to do with it though, so it's just hanging up in my closet. I still love the bracelet. I also bought the TokyoMilk Wisdom rollerball perfume to go with the body souffle, because I loved the scent so much. It's also a really nice lotion. I also am not sure what to do with cheese paddle, I don't exactly entertain a lot so that's sitting in a cabinet waiting for never. The false lashes are also gathering dust in my makeup bags, I'm not really a falsie kind of girl. But the planner, bracelet, and body souffle (and pretzels) made it more than worth it for me, I think.
If you have some type of special event, try the lashes out.  I'm not generally a falsie girl either, but I used them for a nice dinner out with my husband and I actually really liked them.  Worth trying them out. 

I'm already thinking of how I can reuse the planner once this year is over. Does anyone have any tips about how you can turn a planner like this into one you can use again? Or any alternative uses for it after 2014?

I'm already thinking of how I can reuse the planner once this year is over. Does anyone have any tips about how you can turn a planner like this into one you can use again? Or any alternative uses for it after 2014?
you could go on etsy and ask one of the amazing artists to do 2015 and just pop it over the month

http://www.etsy.com/listing/168951986/2014-eco-friendly-desk-calendar-refill?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=paper_goods_mid&gclid=CJGQ7PO6hLwCFUgS7AodlkIA3A

or use as an inspiration to travel more! put a picture over the month part if you have been or want to go!! xx

EDIT: i thought you were talking about the PS JAN calendar!! 

the gallery type ones i usually save as a journal type book, can look back see what i did....

Not exactly answering your question but depending on your needs... I already have a 2014 planner, so this one was extra for me. I didn't want it to go to waste though, so I ended up using it as a diary of sorts. Like, every day, jot down a couple lines about my day, anything particularly exciting or not in it. Dreams, etc. The opposite page (for notes), I figure I can write bigger thoughts or paste in things or other notes/ideas. I figure it will be a good way to chronicle my year, which I may enjoy having in the future!

You could probably do that in 2015 too... just disregard the days themselves, right?

Great idea!

I have a big fat journal called "The Happiness Project" Journal - each page is a date, where you're to only write a 1-sentence line about your day. It's set up for about 5 years of lines.
http://thevintagemom.com/the-happiness-project-journal/
Here is a link to a blog where they've got pictures of the inside - you could easily do something like this! (And with a journal of the quality they sent us, it would totally hold up!)

Quote: Originally Posted by Katydid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Great idea!

I have a big fat journal called "The Happiness Project" Journal - each page is a date, where you're to only write a 1-sentence line about your day. It's set up for about 5 years of lines.
http://thevintagemom.com/the-happiness-project-journal/
Here is a link to a blog where they've got pictures of the inside - you could easily do something like this! (And with a journal of the quality they sent us, it would totally hold up!)

That's cute:)! Thanks for the suggestion.

Back