POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by mpatt01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did.  They said my post office has had it since Monday.  This is frustrating.  I had a gift ready for my delivery guy...now I don't want to give it to him. LOL!  But I will because i know this isn't his fault.  It's a shame that i get so many boxes that i have to add him to my gift list.
No good! I just think the PO is so far behind this year.

So I'm looking through the planner and on page 213 where it lists the maps, it says "Ottowa" rather than Ottawa. As a Canadian I'm kind of irked that they screwed up the spelling of our nation's capital, but whatever. Yes, I'm totally the Typo Police about this today, haha. At least they managed to spell it right on the actual map;)

ETA: I just noticed that on the page where the map of Ottawa (and Vancouver) is, the text at the top of the page says "Ottowa" too. Uuuughhh.

ETA #2: Hmm, while looking at the maps some more I noticed that the ones for London, Paris, Tokyo and Seoul aren't properly aligned on the page, so the text at the top of the page actually appears on the following page. I'm starting to think that these planners are seconds!

So upset! I finally heard back from PS and apparently my box didn't get sent out. There is probably no way I'll get it before Christmas now. :icon_frow  I responded to their email asking them to expedite shipping...I hope they do.
I had the same issue :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My box initiated 12/3 and I never saw any activity. I e-mailed customer service and they said there was an issue and my box was never mailed. I'm so glad I followed up.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I'm looking through the planner and on page 213 where it lists the maps, it says "Ottowa" rather than Ottawa. As a Canadian I'm kind of irked that they screwed up the spelling of our nation's capital, but whatever. Yes, I'm totally the Typo Police about this today, haha. At least they managed to spell it right on the actual map;)

ETA: I just noticed that on the page where the map of Ottawa (and Vancouver) is, the text at the top of the page says "Ottowa" too. Uuuughhh.

ETA #2: Hmm, while looking at the maps some more I noticed that the ones for London, Paris, Tokyo and Seoul aren't properly aligned on the page, so the text at the top of the page actually appears on the following page. I'm starting to think that these planners are seconds!
i may have a GI planner from a few years ago, if i can find it i will let you know! i am curious to know if one purchased from website if it would be the proper spelling + map! 

thinking of getting this box as someone posted they were selling a few pages back - i live in a warm climate so a scarf would be useless unless i move north one day!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have any tips for applying eyelashes? I'm a newbie but I totally want to look kardashian esque:D
try youtube - wayne goss has a lot of tutorials on kim k + lisa eldrige has a few too

i do know that after you apply glue, you should let it dry then apply on lash root then go over upper lid with a pencil liner to cover up the seam - HTH!

Quote: Originally Posted by SparkleSparkle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm looking to sell my box if anyone is interested.
i may be interested  - i'll send you PM

My box FINALLY came. and I love it
wub.gif
  The planner is my absolute favorite. I feel like such a dork right now.  But i can't help it!  Here are my variations:

Planner - Silver
Scarf - Cream....i don't know what i will wear it with, but I already have a black scarf. So I'm happy with it.
Cheese Plate - White....I was hoping for red, but white will go with my kitchen just fine.

Lotion - Chance. I'm still feeling it out.  I love it in the jar.  But sometimes things smell horrible on me.  So far so good!

I hope the rest of you ladies get your boxes soon.  I had to go to the post office and yell at them.  They brought it to me within 3 hours.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My maps look fine.  I wonder if you got a bad one. Maybe they'll send another.

Quote: Originally Posted by mpatt01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My maps look fine.  I wonder if you got a bad one. Maybe they'll send another.

Hmm, could be. I wonder if I should contact PS?

ETA: I e-mailed PS. Hopefully they'll respond.

Quote: Originally Posted by Megamacaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello. I'm looking to sell my box. All items have sealed packaging (never opened--just looked at). Please contact me if interested.
just sent you a PM, the other person i sent a PM to (SparkleSparkle) never responded - thx!  

Hmmm...still haven't received my box. I would have thought expedited shipping would have caused it to be delivered by now. I really hope it arrives before Tuesday.

MODERATOR MESSAGE:

I don't participate in the popsugar thread, and it is impossible for moderators to be everywhere at once, but with that said

OUR BUY/SELL/TRADE RULES ARE STILL IN PLACE

Quote:
All trades must be posted only in theBuy/Sell/Trade forum. This is for your protection as well as the protection of the person you'll trade with since it allows both you and your swapper/buyer the ability to give feedback. The feedback system is the only way to establish a history of being a good swapper or seller.
If you're new to Makeup Talk please be aware that there are a few minimum requirements to post in the B/S/T area. These include:

1. Must have 15 regular forums posts.
  2. Must be a member of Makeup Talk for at least 5 days.

ANY other trade posts made from here on out will be deleted and infracted.

I have had mine for a while, but couldn't open until we celebrated Christmas. I got Wisdom, lashes #2, blue cheese board, and the black scarf. I love this box. I am especially excited about the planner...and the pretzels.

I cannot wait to get my LE box! It's my gift from hubby. I am one of those people who like the variety in the boxes. For instance I would have been ok for us to get different versions of the bracelet. I have asked him several times to just let me have the box, he just won't budge. Ahem, I'm pretty sure I got cream scarf, white cutting board...

Well, guess what just got here! I was prepared to not have it, but it's here and the three items I was planning to use for gifts are now wrapped and ready (just in time too, because this is our Christmas since we travel starting today).

Variations:

Cheese board -- red

Tokyo Milk - Yesterday

Scarf - Cream

Lashes -- #3

Planner - Silver

I finally opened my box properly. (Previously I’d just peeked at the scarf and bracelet.)

Cream scarf: Meh. I’ll probably try to trade it for a different Tokyomilk, or might use it in a craft project, since the fabric is lovely.

White cheese paddle: Thought I wouldn’t like it, but it’s smaller and cuter than expected. 

Wink #3: This will go to one of my Blythe dolls. Love the container!

Silver planner: Mine doesn’t have the issues that MichiChan mentioned. My map list doesn’t even have Ottawa, and is on page 212, not 213. 

Bracelet: Love the style, but it keeps twisting so the ornament is over my wrist bone. It doesn’t quite flip all the way around though, so it’s ok. 

Tokyomilk #21 Yesterday:  don’t normally like florals, but this one’s heavenly. 

Pretzel sticks: Nice while they lasted, which wasn’t long. 

Overall I’m pleased. But, I showed it to my mother, who thought it was a terrible value and couldn’t believe I’d spend $100 on it. Being realistic, I guess the items aren’t really worth the cost, but it was still fun and I’ll probably do this again next year, if not sooner.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, guess what just got here! I was prepared to not have it, but it's here and the three items I was planning to use for gifts are now wrapped and ready (just in time too, because this is our Christmas since we travel starting today).

Variations:

Cheese board -- red

Tokyo Milk - Yesterday

Scarf - Cream

Lashes -- #3

Planner - Silver
Yay! Glad you got it!

Wow, it seems like only me and one other person got the camel coloured scarf:/ Strange.
I got camel. At first I didn't like it and wanted black, but I realized I already have a ton of black scarves, so this is a good change of pace. These sub boxes are all about breaking out of my comfort zone.

This box was a gift from my mom. We open presents on Christmas Eve so I have been opening one item per day except for today, which was two items. I am so glad I can finally join this discussion again! It was weird opening everything without spoilers or information about variations or anything!

Day 1: I opened the planner. It’s beautiful and I love it but I use my phone/computer/tablet to keep my schedule so a physical planner is kind of superfluous for me. I am going to gift this to a friend who will appreciate it way more than I will.

Day 2: I opened the Winks. I got them in #3. They are maybe a little too dramatic but I will give them a try. I have never been able to make falsies work for me, but I am going to watch a bunch of tutorials and give these a real shot.

Day 3: I opened the pretzels. I love chocolate mint and I love pretzels so these are great! I got the “sample†Birchbox sent out last month but mine was crushed/ripped open since my box that month also had a hairspray. Heavy metal can + pretzel was a dumb idea, Birchbox. Anyway, I was considering buying some of these in the Birchbox shop but I held off and I’m glad I did. Yum!

Day 4: I opened the bracelet. It is gorgeous, but I have very small wrists so this is heavy and big. I can see myself wearing it, but definitely only for special occasions. I don’t have that many fancy events to wear it to, but maybe someday!

Day 5: I opened the Tokyomilk souffle. I got the Chance variation. It smells great, isn’t too strong, and has an awesome texture. And the packaging!! It was so heavy, I was kind of shocked when I pulled body butter out!

Today: I opened the cheese plate. I got the navy variation which really bums me out. I would have liked white a lot more. I don’t really have much use for this, since I don’t entertain much. I would like to trade this for something else entirely but I don’t think this will be a very easy item to trade, so I might just keep it and start eating lots of cheese and crackers? I don’t know. This is the only true “dud†of the box for me (and it’s not even that much of a dud since I can still technically use it).

I also opened the scarf. It is beautiful! I got it in the tan shade, which is probably what I would have wanted (or grey, but I don’t think I saw anyone get grey). I love infinity scarves, but I really like to wash them regularly, and this is clearly not washable. I am definitely not taking it to a dry cleaner, so I guess I will try handwashing. I might even be super daring and put it in a lingerie bag in the washing machine on delicate, then lay it flat to dry. If I can’t easily wash it, it kind of ruins the item for me, so if it gets destroyed in the process I will be sad but not heartbroken. If anyone tries handwashing, please let us know how it goes!
Overall…I love it! I got the LE box last year and was extremely disappointed, but these items were way better suited to my tastes. I can use most items, but I probably wouldn’t have purchased them for myself. Yay! Nice job, PopSugar!

Back