Popsugar May 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wanting to do more stretches and try yoga, this box and the mini are good for me. I am going to try the mini box one more month and see if the value stays higher than 30 and then maybe drop my big box for a couple of months.

This is an interesting box-- a bottle of water and drugstore mascara?  Everything else looks nice though.  No one item really wows me but everything will be used.  The bracelets look a bit overpriced to me but cute.  Tassels are really trendy right now so not surprised to see them and more wearable (at least for me) then that necklace. You d be surprised though how popular tassel jewelry is right now--  I make and sell jewelry and currently my most requested items are beaded or chain tassel pieces.  I would have been excited about the foot treatment but I actually just used baby foot 8 days ago... my feet are currently shedding like crazy... soo cool and gross all at once lol.  So I won't be able to use the one in the box for awhile but I ll try it eventually and look forward to hearing everyones reviews of it.  If these are anything like the baby foot peel some tips for the best results:

*soak your feet 30 min to an hr before starting the peel (really makes a difference with the baby foot peel)

* try not to walk in the booties (its slippery) but if you must put socks over the booties makes it a little easier    to move

*soak feet everynight-- help accelerate the peel do not apply lotion on your feet it slows down the process, try *really hard not to peel off the skin your feet may get raw if you do.

Also be prepared to hid your feet in socks for like 2 weeks they won't look pretty but the results of other brands are pretty awesome hope this one is the same.

Oh and if anyone is disappointed that the jewelry dish isn't in this box-- those are actually pretty fun and fairly easy to make.  Heres a tutorial I ve used before if anyone is interested (and there are tons more on pinterest) http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2014/11/marbled-clay-ring-dish.html

Did we get a body buffer from this brand before--- it looked like a flower? Anyhoo I loved that thing so hope this one is similar it looks a bit different

Whats everyone's fave item in this one?  Enjoy ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great box for me, mostly because of the timing. I'm traveling to the UK on June and the area I'm going to live in apparently have a lot of spiders so the spray would be a godsend. The Yoga mat is perfect because I'm traveling and I was planning to buy a yoga mat in the UK anyway. 

The rest look like spa items to me, great for a spa night with mom for mother's day or just for yourself. 

This is an ok box for me. I don't care for the tassel bracelets at all, just like I hated that tassel necklace they sent out in their March box. 

I'll use the spray and drink the water. Might give the mascara away. I used to do yoga but haven't done it in about two years. Maybe the mat will encourage me to pick it up again.

I'm most excited about the foot therapy product since my feet are a complete tragedy right now.

@@Teach22 thanks so much for the info on the foot peel. I didn't know such a thing existed & now I'm excited for this box. You'll have to let me know how this one compares to baby feet peel. Oh & yes, this buffer is the same brand as the flower buffer we received- they smell heavenly!!

I wasn't into the tassel necklace but I think these bracelets could be everyday wear cute.

@@Teach22 thanks so much for the info on the foot peel. I didn't know such a thing existed & now I'm excited for this box. You'll have to let me know how this one compares to baby feet peel. Oh & yes, this buffer is the same brand as the flower buffer we received- they smell heavenly!!

I wasn't into the tassel necklace but I think these bracelets could be everyday wear cute.
You are very welcome, not sure if those tips are applicable for this peel but they really help with the baby foot one.  Its really crazy how baby foot makes your whole foot peel like crazy make sure you don't need to wear sandals or open shoes for at least two weeks because it really looks weird for a while but the results with the baby foot peel are well worth it!  Enjoy!

My label was generated on the 5th but it appears to have started moving today.

My guess on how it all works is all the labels get batched and printed at once then the boxes arrive at the shipping facility and the labels get attached to the boxes then they get loaded up and sorted and start to ship out. Which is why there is a delay between label creation and actual shipping movement.

I just resubscribed to popsugar.  I noticed there isn't a survey anymore.  Did they recently change that? I remember them asking if I had pierced ears on a survey and I think sizing.  I remember getting a necklace one time when others got earrings.  Anyone else notice the survey is gone or am I just not looking in the right spot? 

This box is really eh for me, but you win some, you lose some!

I hate flavored water (roommate will drink it though), the snack sucks, I just bought that mascara and it's not good, I probably won't wear the bracelet but it may be better in person. I've been wanting to try a foot peel for a long time now, so that will definitely be used. I'll give the spray and buffer a try for sure. What else? Ah, the yoga mat...I have two yoga mats already and while I workout at home, I never use them. Oh well.

I think that this is an ok box especially for the cost since I had the 6-month deal.  However, at full price not so great. Have to decide whether to cancel or continue at full price - decisions, decisions....

I'm considering cancelling again to cut back on my boxes but this is one of those boxes that every time I cancel I end up missing out on great box and even if I don't, I feel like I'm missing out so I always resub. I considered getting the mini instead but I don't think it would be quite the same experience since it's smaller. maybe I'll hang on a few more boxes and see if I gave the will power to cancel and stay cancelled

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Reija I received a survey yesterday for my April boxes, I am really going to say something about their shipping methods on the survey.

My label was created on May 4th and the damn thing is still not moving !!! :angry:   :blink:  My mini box is making a stop in every state along the way!  Who knows where that will end up!!!! Can't wait to see what happens when my CFDA ships!  Not a good day for me today, sorry for the venting!!

I've been with popsugar off and  on since their 3rd box...I think that was back in 2012?  I stopped last year for some reason and just started again.  The survey I remember asking if I had pierced ears, something about sizing and floral or fruity scents.  I think they were experimenting with slightly customizing the boxes.  They must of just decided not to ever send a sized item again.  Although the few they sent were some of my favorite items.  I remember people making a big deal about a wrap robe they sent out and the hanky panky thong.  

I love popsugar and wish I woulndt of stopped getting them.   

Items I would love to see in future boxes would be Kendra scott  items (I still wear the kendra scott necklace they sent a long time ago), an eye cream for dark circles (my eyes are not puffy at all just dark), exercise dvds (I know most don't like but I love), maybe something from beach body, i'd love to try shakeology, glamglow since I'll never get to try it in ipsy, a lip scrub, sunglasses. 

What items are you hoping for?  

I'm really excited to try the foot product this month and I've been wanting a yoga mat for a long time. 

@@Reija I received a survey yesterday for my April boxes, I am really going to say something about their shipping methods on the survey.

My label was created on May 4th and the damn thing is still not moving !!! :angry:   :blink:  My mini box is making a stop in every state along the way!  Who knows where that will end up!!!! Can't wait to see what happens when my CFDA ships!  Not a good day for me today, sorry for the venting!!
Mine was just picked up yesterday.  It took 6 days from label to pickup?  I'm thinking after the fiasco last month, they printed out everyone's labels early to make it look a little faster?  I don't know.

I repeat, they need to get their shipping stuff figured out...

Delivery by the 18th, but likely will be here in a day or two.  FedEx post seems to always overstate delivery.

It appears my box will arrive Friday.  It usually arrives a day before FedEx predicts when it first starts to ship (which was Saturday).  

I think if it actually shipped Monday and arrives by Friday that's not too terrible. But PS has always been known to have mysterious wonky shipping. They've never been praised for shipping or consistency.

My 6mos promo sub is expiring this month, though it seems like I am underwhelmed with the box contents for May, I'd still keep this for a long time. Some boxes are really good and some are meh. I will be canceling my other subs (2 BBs and 1 Ipsy), hoping I won't regret my decision. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box! I like it way better in person than "on paper"

Here are my thoughts (I'll put it in a spoiler incase anyone is trying to maintain a surprise).

• The bracelets are itty bitty. I don't find the tassels that ugly/annoying/weird or what have you, I'm more annoyed by the little charm on them more than anything. They're elastic bracelets so they'll fit everyone and they little tassels appear they can be snipped off with itty bitty scissors, if they drive you crazy. I think they're kinda cute.
  • I'm very curious about the foot therapy. It's a 1.5 hour treatment, that's certainly something you'd need to wear while watching a movie. I'm getting a pedicure this weekend...a very long over due pedicure (seriously the last time I did anything with my feet was in November!!). I hope this treatment will help extend the post pedicure softness.
  • The spongelle smells great through the package. I can't wait to try it.
  • I do yoga once a week, sometimes twice, so the mat is perfect for me. My old mat is so ratty it's staring to molt. I just bough a new mat but it's super thin and my hands and feet slide on it, so I might double up with the foldable one.
  • The spray, I opened it to get a whiff and it was SUPER strong smelling. I tried spraying it and the scent isn't so over powering. I'm not 100% sure I'd spritz it on my face, but I could see spritzing it on hands an feet post beach trip, you know that moment when you get back to the car and you're all hot and sweaty all over again from lugging your beach stuff back to the car. I could see spraying this on your hands/feet and body to feel cool/refreshed. I wonder if it would help sunburns?
  • The Jimmybar is ok, reminds me of a lara bar.
  • The Hint Kick water, mascara and there's a Half Hitch goods $10 gift card in the box are all listed as special extras. Nothing on the Half Hitch site really appeals to me and the only $10 item is already sold out. I'll try the water tomorrow before I workout. Mascara will get tossed in my overflowing mascara box. It'll eventually get used, swapped or gifted.
Over all it's a great box for me, but I do yoga and needed a mat, and that's the "big" item in the box The bracelets are the most expensive item in the box, but they're also the smallest thing in the box. I get why people who don't do yoga wouldn't dig the box but I think the mat has more uses than just yoga, seems it could work under your knees if you garden. It could also work for a place to park the kids and some toys outside when the weather is nice. I think it's also very functional for outdoor events where you might throw down a blanket (I think the mat would work kind a like a tarp to prevent blankets from getting damp from the ground), I imagine you could take it to watch fireworks or other events where there isn't necessarily "seating" 

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks!

I got my box! I like it way better in person than "on paper"

Here are my thoughts (I'll put it in a spoiler incase anyone is trying to maintain a surprise).

• The bracelets are itty bitty. I don't find the tassels that ugly/annoying/weird or what have you, I'm more annoyed by the little charm on them more than anything. They're elastic bracelets so they'll fit everyone and they little tassels appear they can be snipped off with itty bitty scissors, if they drive you crazy. I think they're kinda cute.
  • I'm very curious about the foot therapy. It's a 1.5 hour treatment, that's certainly something you'd need to wear while watching a movie. I'm getting a pedicure this weekend...a very long over due pedicure (seriously the last time I did anything with my feet was in November!!). I hope this treatment will help extend the post pedicure softness.
  • The spongelle smells great through the package. I can't wait to try it.
  • I do yoga once a week, sometimes twice, so the mat is perfect for me. My old mat is so ratty it's staring to molt. I just bough a new mat but it's super thin and my hands and feet slide on it, so I might double up with the foldable one.
  • The spray, I opened it to get a whiff and it was SUPER strong smelling. I tried spraying it and the scent isn't so over powering. I'm not 100% sure I'd spritz it on my face, but I could see spritzing it on hands an feet post beach trip, you know that moment when you get back to the car and you're all hot and sweaty all over again from lugging your beach stuff back to the car. I could see spraying this on your hands/feet and body to feel cool/refreshed. I wonder if it would help sunburns?
  • The Jimmybar is ok, reminds me of a lara bar.
  • The Hint Kick water, mascara and there's a Half Hitch goods $10 gift card in the box are all listed as special extras. Nothing on the Half Hitch site really appeals to me and the only $10 item is already sold out. I'll try the water tomorrow before I workout. Mascara will get tossed in my overflowing mascara box. It'll eventually get used, swapped or gifted.
Over all it's a great box for me, but I do yoga and needed a mat, and that's the "big" item in the box The bracelets are the most expensive item in the box, but they're also the smallest thing in the box. I get why people who don't do yoga wouldn't dig the box but I think the mat has more uses than just yoga, seems it could work under your knees if you garden. It could also work for a place to park the kids and some toys outside when the weather is nice. I think it's also very functional for outdoor events where you might throw down a blanket (I think the mat would work kind a like a tarp to prevent blankets from getting damp from the ground), I imagine you could take it to watch fireworks or other events where there isn't necessarily "seating"

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks!
Thanks for the review I m more excited for mine now.

Just an FYI the baby foot peel I use (which is not the one in the box but I believe it is similar) will take polish right of your toes. I d hate to see a lovely pedicure wasted

Oh good to know! Maybe I'll hold off on using it right away. The package doesn't say anything about stripping polish though.

One other note about the

the mat, since mud runs, and color runs are popular when the weather warms up this may seem perfect to throw over your car seats, heck even good to put under muddy paws from hiking with dogs and such

Back