POPSUGAR Must Have August 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is that they are sold out of August. But, you can be positive you will receive Sept if you uncheck the box on the lower right hand side of the order screen that says something to the effect of "put me on a waiting list for an earlier box." That box is auto checked, so you have to manually uncheck it in order to ensure you get he next month's box.
Got it, I did uncheck that.. If they are truly sold out of August then I should be in the clear. I think I'm going to go ahead and order! I liked August so if I end up with it it's not the end of the world. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so happy! I ordered a second box, for the Turkish towel, and received the earrings in silver and the necklace in gold! I wouldn't wear the necklace as it just isn't my style, but my SIL will love the necklace and extra gloss I received for Christmas... SCORE!

So my box was scheduled for the 23rd, but I happily found it on my porch today. Go figure. I got the necklace, which is really nice, but way too dainty for my thick neck. I posted it to the swap board at MSA in hopes of getting a scarf or something.

I ended up not liking the smell of the bodywash, or the color of the lipgloss. Womp Womp. But I loved the candle and my Turkish towel and the container. If I can swap the rest for a few past PSMH items that I missed, I'll call this a huge win. 

So my box was scheduled for the 23rd, but I happily found it on my porch today. Go figure. I got the necklace, which is really nice, but way too dainty for my thick neck. I posted it to the swap board at MSA in hopes of getting a scarf or something.

I ended up not liking the smell of the bodywash, or the color of the lipgloss. Womp Womp. But I loved the candle and my Turkish towel and the container. If I can swap the rest for a few past PSMH items that I missed, I'll call this a huge win. 
I just pretended "the necklace is too short" instead of "my neck may be thick?". XD

August was my first popsugar MH box, and I was very glad I tried them out-- I got necklace (profile set to no piercing, prefer necklace). Love the candle, the bodywash ( although... the cap was not tight so some juice leaked out and got my cookie mix sticky) and the lunchbox. Okay with BB lipgloss-- I never wear lipgloss. Overall very happy.

My box is finally showing at the post office so hopefully I get it tomorrow. Didn't I read that there was also a coupon code for Kendra Scott included? If so, has anyone picked out anything from her website. I saw some really cute arrowhead rings (Skylen?) and I really like the Jana bracelet; so many great colors!

Here's a picture of what my cookies looked like. It made more, these are just a few for "presentation."

2014-08-12 19.03.21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I didn't know the correct place to put this because this isn't really a trade because I am not asking for anything. I am wanting to give away my Native Union $15 off code because it expires at the end of August and I want someone to be able to put it to good use!

So the first person to PM me gets it. Or if there is a better place to put this, could someone let me know...

Mine is totally up for grabs too if anyone wants it- it's yours ;-) (native union $15 off )

My box came finally! I got the necklace with a black stone which works out fine; my profile said no pierced earrings so yay! Shower gel wasn't leaking and I think I'll like it just from a quick sniff;seems to have a fresh scent. Haven't tried the lipgloss; not really a gloss person so will gift that. I got a purple container; were there other colors? Anyways, I work from home so will probably just throw that in the cabinet. The candle is really cute and smells nice; always like a good candle. Will make the cookies this weekend and haven't tried the protein bar but...it seems really hard..are they supposed to be soft? All in all, I'm happy with this box.

My box came finally! I got the necklace with a black stone which works out fine; my profile said no pierced earrings so yay! Shower gel wasn't leaking and I think I'll like it just from a quick sniff;seems to have a fresh scent. Haven't tried the lipgloss; not really a gloss person so will gift that. I got a purple container; were there other colors? Anyways, I work from home so will probably just throw that in the cabinet. The candle is really cute and smells nice; always like a good candle. Will make the cookies this weekend and haven't tried the protein bar but...it seems really hard..are they supposed to be soft? All in all, I'm happy with this box.
I think everyone got purple. The chocolate on the outside of my bar looked kind of old, like brownish instead of blackish, but I still ate it because I was super hungry and the expiration date was far away.

August was my first box, and for the most part I loved it. The cookies went well with my kids. The candle smells amazing. The shower gel smells good and works well. The lunch container will come in handy during outings, it will make it easier to bring snacks for the kids. I got the necklace which I liked but it seems a bit tight. Maybe I just have a big neck. I did not care for the protien bar. I also do not care for the lipgloss. I swatched it and it seems to sticky. I am not sure what I am going to do with that. But I am hooked and ordered the september box. Depending when I get my check I will also get the fall LE. I figured it is my birthday month I can splurge. I think I am hooked.

August was my first box as well. My shower gel had leaked a bit. I contacted PopSugar and sent some photos and they are sending out a replacement. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the necklace (black stone, gold chain). My profile says unpierced ears and I prefer bracelets. Not sure if I'll use my 20% coupon or not, but the necklace is not really my style. I will probably gift it to my daughter (she is 15).

I love the lip gloss. Yes, it is sticky, but I still like it.

I haven't used the candle or made the cookies yet. My daughter is going to use the lunch container for school and she already ate the protein bar (she loved it).

I'll be using my Turkish Towel for an upcoming vacation as a scarf/wrap.

Has anyone tried contacting CS about the necklace being too small for their neck? My sister is having that problem but I don't know if it's worth her contacting them over (she's always really hesitant to contact CS so I'd feel bad if I told her to and then they just said "too bad"),

You're not alone!  My box won't be here until 8/25.  I live in Delaware.  It usually ships from NY, but this time it's making the long trip from CA.

Whoever still wants a NATIVE UNION voucher, message me!

I found out I still have it since my boyfriend never used it!

First to message will get it!

Latest posts

Back