POPSUGAR Must Have August 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the versions you were wanting. I think everyone got the same lip gloss. If you are into swapping, someone on here will likely swap you the earrings for the necklace. It seems like more earrings went out, so the necklaces are more coveted.
yes, I was able to trade on another site easily!!  thanks to @@fabgirl who mentioned that.

I did get the turkish towel so I was pleased with that.  I think it was just a disappointment to me to see that I got the necklace when my preferences were earrings and silver - ha!

the box is quite nice, I was just  so disappointed with the items that I purchased the box for wasn't what came in it.

I will get over it - in fact, I have!

Swapped my earrings for a necklace and it showed up today. It is so beautiful! I am in love. The quality is amazing (just like the earrings) and it's perfectly my style. 

Used my 20% code for this necklace that came today and I love it!  So delicate and falls just where I want it. 
skylie-pendant-rhodium-turquoise.jpg
So pretty!  

Wow, popsugar...way to be on the ball! I got my shipping notice today for the box I received on 8/9. SMH...

Swapped my earrings for a necklace and it showed up today. It is so beautiful! I am in love. The quality is amazing (just like the earrings) and it's perfectly my style.
I totally agree! The necklace is so beautiful and delicate. I love the earrings too, they are more big and make a statement while the necklace is subtle. Two very different types of jewelry, but both are so lovely. This is the first time the jewelry I've received from Popsugar actually seems worth the listed retail value.

I went to the Kendra Scott website and noticed that she sells a necklace that is basically just the stone from the earrings on a chain. It looks nice. So, for those who got the earrings but want something different, you've got two potential necklaces in your hands.

I ended up with the necklace as well, but was able to swap it for the Michael Stars folk art wrap from last fall, so I am THRILLED about that. Like biancardi, I was disappointed in the lip gloss not being plumping, but managed to swap that too for a couple of deluxe mini bottles of really pricey perfume that I have been wanting to try. So all in all, a big win for me. 

PS, biancardi, I LOVE your avatar. Every time I see it I hear "This Wheel's on Fire" in my head. AbFab forever!

Annnnnd my box is still stuck in "Processing." This is the 2nd time in 3 months that I have not received a Popsugar box that I paid for. Seriously, I have the worst luck EVER.

Anyone else's cookies turn out awful? I'm thinking it might have just been me. I can't wait until payday so I can use my code for a charm necklace.

Sooo, does anyone else think the back of the necklace/pendant is just as nice as the front? It's finished so nicely that I don't think anyone would know. Maybe? Just me?
I agree!

I like the back of the necklace, that looks pretty.

My cookies weren't that great. I liked the raw dough more than the final cookies. My cookies were ok right out of the oven, but a bit too chewy once they cooled off. I thought the sprinkles made them a little too sweet. I loved making them and I think it was a great thing to include, but I wouldn't buy anything else from that company. I think they put more thought into the packaging than the recipe. 

Yay! FIIIINNNALLLLLY got my August box today (resubbed a bit into the month). Love it even more in person. I am so happy with the Kendra Scott earrings (silver/slate, exactly what I was hoping for). The only thing I don't like is the scent of the shower gel but I'm pretty picky about smells so no big deal, plenty of people I can gift it to that will hopefully like it.

Now time to get psyched about the fall box! Last years was my absolute favorite.

I just got around to making my cookies.  The mix wasn't completely mixing like it should, too crumbly.  I added double the vanilla, and then had to mix with my hands to get it right.  Maybe a fork just wasn't strong enough to mix my batch?  I don't know... 

Anyways... I like them.  Cooked them about 13 minutes a batch, and used an actual teaspoon to measure mine out, so I got 3 dozen cookies (plus about 4-6 that I didn't have time to cook so I threw it out).  

Now I just need some milk! Mmmm. 

I'm also having second thoughts on the shower gel.  I don't think I'm really digging the scent.  Is it bad that I'm also thinking of saving it for xmas gift because I'm too lazy to unscrew the cap to use it daily? LOL. 

Dang! I went to order something with the 20% off code and cannot find it.  Can anyone shed light on when this expires?  Are the codes specific to the person receiving? Or a generic code?

Edit: meant the Kendra Scott code

Last edited by a moderator:
Back