PopSugar Must Have December 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My free box was delivered today! Still haven't gotten my missing necklace from the original box, even though they responded to that email first. I suppose it doesn't matter though since it should be in my free box...unless it's missing there too! Haven't opened it yet, my roommate told me it had been delivered.

I just got my box today and I love it!  I got it for $20 and I think it was a really great deal.  I wish I had bought two, one for me and one to split up for presents.  I am giving the cupcake mix to my big sister, the scarf to one of my closest friends and the bowl to one of my other close friends, and just keeping the tags, the necklace, and the lippie.  But I kind of want to keep it all!  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully they'll like the stuff (plus other things of course), and if not, maybe they'll give it back.

Is it bad that I am splitting my box up for gifts with no intention of giving extra gifts to the receivers? I mean, I paid $20, but the scarf is worth $50 and that's more than I would have paid for that person. Same with the necklace, I'm giving it to someone I had a $30 budget for. I thought this was a good opportunity to save money, but now I'm worried I'm being stingey.

Is it bad that I am splitting my box up for gifts with no intention of giving extra gifts to the receivers? I mean, I paid $20, but the scarf is worth $50 and that's more than I would have paid for that person. Same with the necklace, I'm giving it to someone I had a $30 budget for. I thought this was a good opportunity to save money, but now I'm worried I'm being stingey.
I'm doing that too! I'm dividing it into three separate gifts: Scarf for one, necklace for one, and then the cupcake mix + bowl for another. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't think that's stingy at all!

I am doing the same and had the same fear. I don't think its stingy since you put effort into getting the discounts and the research to see what was inside the box before buying. My suggestion though is to definitely get rid of the plastic bag the scarf was inside, the ugly cardboard wrapping around the bowl and the paper cardboard thing the necklace was wrapped around. It will make it look a bit more classy.

Good point about the presentation, AliMo. But I think the necklace might get tangly without the card. I personally, loooove the scarf. I'm glad I got two boxes. I've worn it non-stop.

I am doing the same and had the same fear. I don't think its stingy since you put effort into getting the discounts and the research to see what was inside the box before buying. My suggestion though is to definitely get rid of the plastic bag the scarf was inside, the ugly cardboard wrapping around the bowl and the paper cardboard thing the necklace was wrapped around. It will make it look a bit more classy.
Too funny I had the same fear.  I actually can't bring myself to give it as a gift on its own.  So people are going to think I like hit the lotto or something with their super sized gifts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .  Hope everyone's loved ones enjoys their goodies.  Enjoy your family/friend time this holiday season!

How is everyone wearing the smashbox lip lacquer? It looked so scary when I initially put it on that I just dabbed a little and used my finger to blend it on.

I'm packaging the scarf with a cute lingerie wash bag from daiso. I'm just afraid of unraveling with unfinished edges, and hard to go wrong for $1.50 wash bag. But i wouldnt mind gifting it alone too, provided the recipient doesnt know how much i love popsugar boxes and what great deals they had on the december box.

How is everyone wearing the smashbox lip lacquer? It looked so scary when I initially put it on that I just dabbed a little and used my finger to blend it on.
It goes on dark, but ends up looking more a berry color. It's very long lasting. I just put it my bottom lip with the applicator and mash my lips together and then kiss some off on a paper towel. I really like it.

Oh this box....I'm happy I only paid half the normal price because it was worth that so that being said...

-the scarf is pretty but I am so over getting a scarf! I've gotten 3 from PopSugar this year. Enough.

-The lipgloss/stain. Full on color for me is scary and what's the point of blotting it down until it's a wearable stain? The plus is there is no funky odor or taste

-The silver bowl-ADORABLE!-my fave out of the box

-the necklace; sorry, I think it looks rather cheap

-the tags...ok..I threw them in a drawer; may use them someday or pull them out and wonder where they came from

-cupcake mix-yes to sweets!

I think I'm done with PopSugar for a while.

If these are things those people enjoy and you would pick out for them anyway, I don't think its stingy at all.

The coupon above (FASHION15) is no longer a working discount.  Just wanted to let everybody know.  Sad I missed it, but I had to wait until payday.  Guess if they put another good code out I'll pick up a Jan box, but not at full price.  

So let me ask you this. Would it be stingy for you to go out on Black Friday to save money by buying things on sale? It's the same concept in my mind. Yes, you paid $20 or however much you paid for your PopSugar box to get XX amount of items. Some items you like for yourself, some you don't. I'm using the items from my PopSugar boxes to supplement my sister-in-law's and Yankee Swap gifts because my in-laws said that we could only spend $25 but never said anything about the value of the box which is different than what I actually spent. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So no, I don't think you're being stingy.

Back